Something magical has happened to my BB Desktop S/W synch with my 9700 with OS6: I get this message when I select "Music": "You've selected your blackberry device drive. There isn't enough space to synchronize your media."

But I am not presented with my music folder list! Just this message. The device has just 81 songs on it, despite an 8Gb media card. Last time I tried this it worked fine, I don't know what changed.

How can (a) ensure that my media card is being "seen" by the Desktop, and (b) how can I see the folder list I wish to sync?

Thx
    06-23-11 09:29 PM
    Thats magical? Ouch I usually view the sd through windows explorer. Try that, look at the properties and see how much you really have on there. As far as syncing, it's probably in options

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    JungleBerry likes this.
    06-24-11 12:32 AM
    Thx for the reply. Windows Explorer reports 7Gb free space. There's nothing in options on syncing. Last time I fired this up, even if I had tried to use too much space, I still saw a bar showing me how much over I am.

As I say, I click on "Music" in the Desktop Software and I just get the error message. No view of folders. No dialog boxes, nothing.

Note that I've tried both "sync media" and "USB drive" in response to the device prompt when the USB is plugged in.

I'm hooped.
    06-24-11 12:22 PM
    Ah, I think I get it. There is zero room on your internal memory because the 9700 comes with very little. It sounds like somehow it's trying to sync with your internal rather than you sd card.

As far as options, you want to have mass storage mode turned on and at the prompt you want to select usb. Is there anyway you would want to do this through windows media player, because then you could just find the card through explorer and let it sync that way. I gotta be honest, that's the only way I ever do it. I guess I don't really trust desktop manager to sync my music Although it does put all your music in that nice music sync folder
    06-25-11 05:19 PM
    Thanks for the reply. The problem was solved (at Rogers Support's suggestion) by uninstalling and reinstalling the Blackberry Desktop Software.
    06-28-11 11:53 AM
    like someone also mentioned, if you use the USB option and just use Windows Explorer to transfer files to your media card, this will work way faster than trying to syn through D/M...
    06-28-11 12:23 PM
    Thanks for the reply. The problem was solved (at Rogers Support's suggestion) by uninstalling and reinstalling the Blackberry Desktop Software.

Glad you got it figured out
    06-28-11 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD