This has happened before and I can't remember how I fixed it. The "new message" indicator stays on for one of my email accounts, despite the fact the account appears to be empty. I have systematically checked and emptied all my email accounts, and my messages account. I have performed a soft reboot, and a battery pull. I can shut it off in the "options" tab while into that account, and it will go away. But then it is off and will not register any new messages. The red light still alerts me so I could leave it that way, but I would rather figure out what the **** is keeping that indicator on!

You folks are always so helpful, and inciteful and I will thank you in advance.
    09-15-09 06:42 PM
    When that happens to me, I hit the letter "T" in the messages folder. Then I hit the menu key and select "Mark Prior Opened". It usually works and the one time it didn't, I forgot what I did.

If that doesn't work, check your saved messages as well.
    09-15-09 07:13 PM
    Awesome!! Thanks Duvi ... "LOL" I knew it was something simple and I hate that I can't figure it out! It turned out to be in the saved messages folder.
    Thanks again ... you may have saved me from going drinking after work!!! (emphasis on the word "may").
    09-15-09 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD