You have absolutely no basis to believe this guy except blind faith and desperation to hear something which sounds concrete and authoritative after weeks of uncertainty. For all you know the guy could work for Apple.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Read my post above this one

07-29-11 01:29 PM
    You are entitled to not believe him. No need to fill up the thread convincing others to believe the same though. Just ignore this thread.
    I could say exactly the opposite about you and others...are people who believe the guy the only ones entitled to offer their $0.02?

It's not a matter of being "entitled" to believe or not believe. It's about being objective and weighing up the evidence. And as of now, you have absolutely no evidence - zero - on which to base a belief in the OP's credibility. Of course you are entitled to blind faith. But I'm just pointing out that that's what it is...blind faith.

07-29-11 01:43 PM
    And you don't need to keep pointing out, over and over again, that the OP has no credibility. If people want to believe the OP, so be it. If people don't, so be it. No need to be on a crusade to save everyone from themselves, however.
    07-29-11 01:57 PM
    And you don't need to keep pointing out, over and over again, that the OP has no credibility. If people want to believe the OP, so be it. If people don't, so be it. No need to be on a crusade to save everyone from themselves, however.
    This is a discussion forum in which debates frequently rage of the point/counterpoint variety. I made a point, someone responded to it, I responded back. I wasn't aware this was a "please don't try and shake our unfounded beliefs" type forum.

07-29-11 02:06 PM
    So apple are generating their own sales buy manipulating the carrier in order to give their product greater exposure ... so they must feel that they wouldn't do as well if on a level playing field. mmmmmm
    Imagine that, businesses using shady tactics to get ahead. Don't get me wrong I don't think it's right, but it's hardly a surprise if it's true.
    07-29-11 02:18 PM
    I could say exactly the opposite about you and others...are people who believe the guy the only ones entitled to offer their $0.02?

It's not a matter of being "entitled" to believe or not believe. It's about being objective and weighing up the evidence. And as of now, you have absolutely no evidence - zero - on which to base a belief in the OP's credibility. Of course you are entitled to blind faith. But I'm just pointing out that that's what it is...blind faith.

no blind faith.... dnot banking my life and existence on this information - not going to vegas and putting money on the odds - just reading what someone has to say. If we only had posts from people that were credible, concrete & verifyably correct - then these forums would be empty!

07-29-11 02:21 PM
    Hey,

I agree with Sharke. The reason is, He has no exact prove.(Neither does shark of course)

Maybe If he has pictures. Or P.M someone that guys name.

It's a

50/50.

Thanks for hearing.
    07-29-11 02:31 PM
    no blind faith.... dnot banking my life and existence on this information - not going to vegas and putting money on the odds - just reading what someone has to say. If we only had posts from people that were credible, concrete & verifyably correct - then these forums would be empty!

That's all very well, but there seems to be a whole bunch of people who are taking this post for the truth and thanking the guy for the "definite info we have been waiting for." What's next, someone else opens an account and claims to have given a massage to a tipsy AT&T executive who divulged that the 9900 is coming out next week? It's just nuts...and it's not just this post, there has been a steady stream of "rumor" posts since this forum opened and nobody has any solid reason to believe one rumor over another. Just relax everyone, you'll have the phone soon enough.

07-29-11 02:31 PM
    With all due respect to the OP it's simply madness to accept as the truth information from an anonymous person posting on a forum and claiming to be a "limo driver" who "drove a tipsy RIM executive." I cannot stress that enough. They are just words that can be typed by anyone with absolutely no verification, and it's easy enough to make anything sound authentic by use of style and dropping in arbitrary bits of detail here and there, and acting offended by anyone who questions your story etc. Of course it is quite possible the the OP is genuine, but it's equally as possible that he's a BS'er who has seen how frantic people on this forum are for info and has decided to have a little bit of fun and draw attention to himself.

And look at the reaction - people saying we should be grateful for his effort to let us know this info etc....come on! That just makes you sound desperate. Anyone with finely attuned internet BS sensors will be taking this thread with the giant pinch of salt it deserves. "Why would I lie" is not an adequate defense and to be honest I wish people would stop grasping at straws like this. You're just setting yourself up for any number of BS stories from people eager to take advantage of the fact that you're desperate for info.

It's unlikely that he's making things up. Who would go through the trouble of signing up on Crackberry, making a new thread and responding to the thread more than half a dozen times and maintaining a consistent story just to feed us false information that doesn't contradict anything we've heard before. Makes no sense.

Its not like he said that AT&T is releasing the phone next week or something. All that trouble to make a bogus story with info that more or less confirms our general beliefs regards the release times for the new models? Unlikely.
    07-29-11 02:32 PM
    Imagine that, businesses using shady tactics to get ahead. Don't get me wrong I don't think it's right, but it's hardly a surprise if it's true.
    Absolutely agree but I was just thinking out loud "how confident are they in their own product" or is it just about the $. It feels a bit like making space for the next yearly release.
    07-29-11 02:45 PM
    It's unlikely that he's making things up. Who would go through the trouble of signing up on Crackberry, making a new thread and responding to the thread more than half a dozen times and maintaining a consistent story just to feed us false information that doesn't contradict anything we've heard before. Makes no sense.

Its not like he said that AT&T is releasing the phone next week or something. All that trouble to make a bogus story with info that more or less confirms our general beliefs regards the release times for the new models? Unlikely.
    To gain attention. And everyone putting him up.?

I don't believe him. Until I get solid proof other then worthless unsufficent words.

Sorry, Mate.

Cheers.
    07-29-11 02:46 PM
    What's so secretive about what he said?
    nothing.. I was the 5th post on this forum, before he said that he had the guys business card, and the guy was tipsy etc. I'm not trying to start a fight, I believe the guy/girl who started the thread >.>
    07-29-11 02:51 PM
    I am sorry but does ANYONE believe this. There are just too many spelling and grammatical mistakes to take this guy seriously.

Using "an" where "and" was the correct word.

And this gem, "Sorry there was 2 guys I drove all day too appointments and one was a board of director"

I am not sure if reading these posts are sad, annoying or funny.

Saying ANYONE instead of anyone. All caps is a grammatical issue as well. So anything you say is bs as well, correct?
    07-29-11 03:04 PM
    Just passing on some info I learned from a VZW manager today. I walked in randomly and said "so I heard the new BB Bold Touch should be launching in a week?" and she said "yeah not that soon, but it'll be launching within a month". So sounds like August it is.
    07-29-11 03:05 PM
    People have gone to far more trouble and spent far more time claiming far more trivial things on the internet. I don't know, maybe there's an age thing going on here...approaching 40 with almost 20 years of active internet use I've happened across a lot of insight into how people behave and what they say in blind, anonymous settings. I've also seen the extent of the trouble people are prepared to go to in order to lie about the dumbest things. And I've seen people who claim to have "insider information" exposed as BS'ers again and again. They always "sound" authentic too...dropping in random bits of trivial detail intended to paint a realistic picture in the mind of the reader. They can be quite subtle.

Why would this person lie? Why do hackers write viruses? Why do people construct online hoaxes? Why do people call radio stations claiming to be someone else? To draw attention to themselves, to feel a brief sense of power as all eyes focus on what they are saying...who knows. I don't know if this person is lying. I have a hunch they are because the scenario doesn't play well with me. But I know there is absolutely zero value in the "information" he's claiming at this point in time.

Rello likes this.
    07-29-11 03:05 PM
    Hey,

I agree with Sharke. The reason is, He has no exact prove.(Neither does shark of course)

Maybe If he has pictures. Or P.M someone that guys name.

It's a

50/50.

Thanks for hearing.

I'm sorry, but did anyone understand what this guy was saying?
    07-29-11 03:11 PM
    Absolutely agree but I was just thinking out loud "how confident are they in their own product" or is it just about the $. It feels a bit like making space for the next yearly release.
    I wouldn't say it's a confidence issue specifically, more like a bully trying to make sure their grasp is as secure as ever.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    07-29-11 03:13 PM
    I’m on T-Mobile so I like what I’m reading, but when I hear that AT&T is delaying the 9900 release for that long so that the iPhone 5 can come out, that really makes we want the merger/acquisition to get denied.
    07-29-11 03:26 PM
    AT&T probably wants to show Apple that they can sell more iPhones than verizon can. They can probably accomplish that by initially delaying anticipated products (who knows what other stuff besides the 9900...) and hoping that people will just get frustrated of waiting and go for the iPhone (which I think many people will, including members on here).

This was possibly the worst news ever. This combined with america about to default makes me want to move to canada. maybe a recently fired RIM employee has a house for sale in waterloo? lol

jk, i guess i'll end getting one from Rogers ; will that work on AT&T's HSPA+ band?

07-29-11 03:33 PM
    Last name is Kerr.. Now let's hope he isn't in trouble cause I had to give out his name. He is a RIM board of director atleast that's what I was told.. Not giving others name cause he could get fired .

07-29-11 03:34 PM
    This thread has out lived it's usefulness & is about to be closed. Either way the 9900 is slated to release in Oct for AT&T and he was correct about that.
    07-29-11 03:40 PM
    I was merely pointing out that it is hard to read.
    So was your post - but for far worse reasons.
    07-29-11 03:42 PM
    He's telling the truth because he "knows this"....oh brother...I see the gullibility is strong in this thread. Now I know why those Nigerian scam emails actually fool some people...

Dude, don't beef on CX, CX KNOWS.
    07-29-11 03:45 PM
    This thread has out lived it's usefulness & is about to be closed. Either way the 9900 is slated to release in Oct for AT&T and he was correct about that.
    That sounds like a good idea given that the name of the RIM chap has been used. Whatever happens, the OP is the man for posting.

07-29-11 03:46 PM
    ....ibtl
    07-29-11 04:04 PM
123 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD