I am sorry but does ANYONE believe this. There are just too many spelling and grammatical mistakes to take this guy seriously.

Using "an" where "and" was the correct word.

And this gem, "Sorry there was 2 guys I drove all day too appointments and one was a board of director"

I am not sure if reading these posts are sad, annoying or funny.
    I believe the guy. He's spot on regarding the 9900 & AT&T.. Which tells me he's telling the truth because the average joe didn't know this.
    07-29-11 10:45 AM
    I believe the guy. He's spot on regarding the 9900 & AT&T.. Which tells me he's telling the truth because the average joe didn't know this.
    Doesn't take much analysis to reach the same conclusion. With future contract renewals due soon and competition between the two US major networks, there will be pressure on AT&T to delay launching products which could compete with Apple products.
    07-29-11 11:19 AM
    Which is unfortunate for those of us eager for the 9900 and not the iPhone 5. Hm... Might need to browse another carrier.
    07-29-11 11:30 AM
    This lines up with what that exec told me. Tmobile first. Good news for us magenta users.
    07-29-11 11:33 AM
    I suck typing on my I phone! Plus I had my 15 month old sleeping on my chest as I typed. One thing I left out, they kept talking about Verizon alot .. Seems like maybe they are trying to cozy up to them in future , they said the hone called Torch is At&t priority. Don't shoot the messenger, I'm checking out now , think you will see I was right in a couple of days... Oh, Also said AT&t has more restrictive phone screening process than Verizon which also delays things. I was driving hard to pay attention to road and drunk clients too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-11 11:34 AM
    @ Doublewing, thank you for the info, if you like the larger touch screen type phone, come join us, the Crackberry Nation, on the Torch 2 (9810). It will be released before the 9900 on AT&T, that is if the rumors are true. 99xx phones look really darn cool though.

@Grreyes, was thinking the same thing about the OP's typing on that darn iPhone.

To all, he said his 15 month old son was sleeping on his chest, AND it was after 2 AM his time when he wrote the post after taking the the time to join CB. I say Welcome, and take a look at what BlackBerry has to offer! Well, not right now, all the good stuff is being held hostage at the moment.

Augie
    mtnsrgr8 likes this.
    07-29-11 11:38 AM
    Oops, DW beat me to the punch as I was typing. Welcome!
    Last edited by AugustArborists; 07-29-11 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Didnt Cap the "I"
    07-29-11 11:41 AM
    Anyone else have trouble finding a person on the board of directors that also was in charge of Midwest operations? I guess I wouldn't expect a liar who can't spell to know how to research.
    07-29-11 11:43 AM
    2 weeks out ismt far off at all. Can't wait
    07-29-11 11:43 AM
    <Putting tail between legs.>

That is the last time I try to do what others on this board have done.

In any case I hope he is right since I am on Verizon.
    flyersfan76
    CrackBerry Addict
    Device Model: 9530 (Storm) R.I.P. > Droid 2 POS, 32gig Playbook. Bold 9930 Waiting List
    Carrier: Verizon
    PIN: eapple. Grill it. It's Delicious Join Date: Feb 2009

What's a "eapple"?
    07-29-11 12:05 PM
    nice of you to post this...thank you so much. I am a VZW customer, so maybe I will get to go the 2nd week in August and get the new Bold 9930! I would be so happy - OMG I am borrowing an old Storm and all touch is driving me crazy. I hope this is all legit info-seems so to me especially since you have his card. Thanks again!
    07-29-11 12:12 PM
    Doesn't take much analysis to reach the same conclusion. With future contract renewals due soon and competition between the two US major networks, there will be pressure on AT&T to delay launching products which could compete with Apple products.
    Huh?

RIM doesn't want any carrier to delay the release of any phone. They want them out a month ago. RIM knows it can't compete with Apple in handheld sales.

AT&T makes more money on iPhones than BlackBerry's so it makes no sense for them to truly go head to head against the iPhone.

AT&T isn't the only carrier that sells iPhones, and Verizon isn't waiting to release any BlackBerry to compete with the new iPhone.

The delay is obviously internal. But it's definitely not to compete with the iPhone which outsells BlackBerry by more than 3 to 1.
    07-29-11 12:17 PM
    flyersfan76
    CrackBerry Addict
    Device Model: 9530 (Storm) R.I.P. > Droid 2 POS, 32gig Playbook. Bold 9930 Waiting List
    Carrier: Verizon
    PIN: eapple. Grill it. It's Delicious Join Date: Feb 2009

What's a "eapple"?
    Like in PINeapple?
    07-29-11 12:32 PM
    Ugh! (Kicks ground) AT&T and your iPhone love!
    07-29-11 12:33 PM
    Ugh! (Kicks ground) AT&T and your iPhone love!
    Feel free to come to the red side
    07-29-11 12:39 PM
    This lines up with what that exec told me. Tmobile first. Good news for us magenta users.
    Actually, more like Fuchsia than Magenta.
    07-29-11 12:41 PM
    Thanks for the heads up, DoubleWing!
    07-29-11 12:45 PM
    Switching to ATT in October...that works for me just fine, but I know it's going to drive some of you guys crazy.
    07-29-11 12:52 PM
    With all due respect to the OP it's simply madness to accept as the truth information from an anonymous person posting on a forum and claiming to be a "limo driver" who "drove a tipsy RIM executive." I cannot stress that enough. They are just words that can be typed by anyone with absolutely no verification, and it's easy enough to make anything sound authentic by use of style and dropping in arbitrary bits of detail here and there, and acting offended by anyone who questions your story etc. Of course it is quite possible the the OP is genuine, but it's equally as possible that he's a BS'er who has seen how frantic people on this forum are for info and has decided to have a little bit of fun and draw attention to himself.

And look at the reaction - people saying we should be grateful for his effort to let us know this info etc....come on! That just makes you sound desperate. Anyone with finely attuned internet BS sensors will be taking this thread with the giant pinch of salt it deserves. "Why would I lie" is not an adequate defense and to be honest I wish people would stop grasping at straws like this. You're just setting yourself up for any number of BS stories from people eager to take advantage of the fact that you're desperate for info.

AceStreaming likes this.
    07-29-11 12:54 PM
    He's telling the truth because he "knows this"....oh brother...I see the gullibility is strong in this thread. Now I know why those Nigerian scam emails actually fool some people...

07-29-11 12:57 PM
    I am sorry but does ANYONE believe this. There are just too many spelling and grammatical mistakes to take this guy seriously.

Using "an" where "and" was the correct word.

And this gem, "Sorry there was 2 guys I drove all day too appointments and one was a board of director"

I am not sure if reading these posts are sad, annoying or funny.
    Yes we believe and oh so because he's grammer isn't 100% correct he's not saying the truth ?

07-29-11 01:17 PM
    I posted this info because I googled Bold Touch info after talking about phone with the "gentelman". I couldn't believe how many different posts about when is this phone coming out was on forum! I figured I would open an account and share what I was told. If Flyersfan doesn't believe it it's his choice I am not a teacher of English at Ball State University! I'm a Limo Driver. By the way Nascar is in town for Brickyard race and I'm driving Tony Stewart Family how's that for Gossip! Bold will be out in August around 2nd week for Sprint, verizon, and Tmobile. Unfortunately I was told AT@T will not have phone until later. But who knows maybe it will change. Gotta run to the track just thought I would help awnser a few questions everyone had about release date.

We believe you and thank you a lot for your information,
    You may not be one of us ( bb users ) but we appreciate you and thnak you for giving us this info , the info we badly need andd RIM didn't give us officially,

07-29-11 01:19 PM
    We believe you and thank you a lot for your information,
    You may not be one of us ( bb users ) but we appreciate you and thnak you for giving us this info , the info we badly need andd RIM didn't give us officially,

You have absolutely no basis to believe this guy except blind faith and desperation to hear something which sounds concrete and authoritative after weeks of uncertainty. For all you know the guy could work for Apple.

07-29-11 01:24 PM
    Just hope the info is legit and the only way to find out is fiirst the bb fan night in toronto august 3rd where details would be announced and let's wait till 3rd week of auguust then we can come back to this forum again

Okay ?

07-29-11 01:28 PM
    You have absolutely no basis to believe this guy except blind faith and desperation to hear something which sounds concrete and authoritative after weeks of uncertainty. For all you know the guy could work for Apple.
    You are entitled to not believe him. No need to fill up the thread convincing others to believe the same though. Just ignore this thread.
    07-29-11 01:29 PM
123 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD