I don't know if this is a Sprint issue, or. 9650 issue, but it's getting ridiculous. More and more often I'm getting either ev or EV signal, and can't make call, send text or anything else for up to 25 minutes so far. Has this happened to anyone else? It's starting to affect my work and personal life majorly and Sprint says "there's nothing wrong with my BlackBerry's reception." Seriously. What the ****!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 03:36 PM
    It may be sprint..

EV and ev is no data..
    so.. tell sprint get something done about it
    i will assume you tried a battery pull.

I had the issue and that fixed it for me..
    05-04-11 03:38 PM
    Did 4 battery pulls. Switch to global and back. It just goes back and forth with the signal.it's driving me crazy.

05-04-11 04:02 PM
    Last time I had an issue like yours it was a tower problem. Whatever the cause, a call to Sprint CS is in order here.

05-04-11 05:34 PM
    I just have all sort of antena problems. Should be on wifi at home. But some apps switch to data. Switch between 1x and ev all the time. My phone is constantly switching between roaming and all sort of different data options. Sometime wifi sometimes data. Who knows what I'm going to get.

05-04-11 09:33 PM
    Mine does same thing....gotten worse last few weeks....
    05-04-11 09:53 PM
    With 9650.
    Flip the SIM card.
    Because you shouldn't have to use it if you are within the states.
    See if that does anything.

Well It should help regardless but just saying.

Call CS. Thats what I'm thinking.
    05-04-11 09:56 PM
    Update your PRL also, that might help a bit.
    05-04-11 10:01 PM
    No sim card even in.

05-04-11 10:05 PM
    The same thing has been happening to my Bold, I think it's Sprint, their network seems to be screwy and all ****ed up sometimes, because when I use my Bold in other countries, I get no signal issues whatsoever.

when you get EV, you essentially just have data, but no voice or SMS lol.
    05-04-11 10:08 PM
    That is so odd and it makes me glad I have a very good network. Not that I'm dogging on Sprint but....
    fastpitch_dad likes this.
    05-05-11 04:13 AM
    I don't like how I have problems with Wifi. Some apps and even the phone have problems keeping the Wifi signal. There is deffinenlty something screwy witht it.
    05-05-11 06:12 AM
    Does sprint do ##000000 ? I know verizon does, then you just put in the a-key password and it forces reconnection.

Try doing a diagnostic test by going Mobile network >> menu >> diagnostic test
    05-05-11 10:37 AM
    I think it's a tower problem. My tour did that for some time last year and hasn't for a long time now.
    05-05-11 11:18 AM
    I have similar issues with Sprint. It'll get stuck on a crappy signal where I know I have good signal. I just turn off the radio, wait a second, turn it back on. Every time it pops up with a nice healthy 1XEV and full bars when it had been limping around on 1x...
    05-05-11 12:16 PM
    Another thing is to update your PRL.
    05-05-11 03:26 PM
    I talked to sprint CS. They said the towers in my area are being upgraded. It's only "temporary" but offer no account credts for inconvenience. It's starting to effect my job and such. I may have to switch to T-Mo :/ same plan offered with a better BlackBerry. I may wait for the 9900 and swap to them :/ I'm not sure yet though.

05-05-11 05:06 PM
    The SIM card idea helped. Thank you

05-05-11 05:29 PM
    I talked to sprint CS. They said the towers in my area are being upgraded. It's only "temporary" but offer no account credts for inconvenience. It's starting to effect my job and such. I may have to switch to T-Mo :/ same plan offered with a better BlackBerry. I may wait for the 9900 and swap to them :/ I'm not sure yet though.

They probably are doing upgrades to the towers for 4G or something. I know that a person at work had a Sprint phone and it was down for an hour and a half from midnight to 1:30 in the morning and she would text someone and get the message that they weren't receiving text messages.
    05-06-11 12:06 PM
    Weird. I've unfortunately had Android for a year and a half now on Metro PCS and Verizon and it's happened with Verizon. Metro PCS doesn't have 1xEV so I assume that's why they haven't. I had a lot if trouble with metros 4G on my last phone. The Android I had on Verizon showed EV occasionally. Maybe it's a CDMA issue?

Sent from my LG Motion 4G from Tapatalk 2.
    02-21-13 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD