Hello fellow proud BlackBerry owners!

This is my first post here on CrackBerry, so bare with me.

I have a 17 day old Rogers BlackBerry Bold 9780 and there's a small gap between the right edge of the display and the bezel. I can see some white light when I peer through the space. The left side is tightly sealed with no space.

This phone has never been dropped. Is this normal? Do you think Rogers will replace it or deem it as something not significant enough for replacement. I paid full price for this phone and i'm just looking for my money's worth, not here to fraud anyone.

Thanks in advance, hoping for some helpful responses
    01-01-11 03:25 PM
    That is not normal and should be replaced. I strongly suggest you return it the store where you purchased it and politely point out the issue. Explain that you paid full price and that there is an obvious defect with the device. Good luck.
    goldmemba likes this.
    01-01-11 03:34 PM
    If it bothers you, then take it back, especially if you paid full price.

I have a Rogers BB 9780 as well- I do not have this problem. If I did, I would be concerned that the problem would get worse.
    goldmemba likes this.
    01-01-11 03:37 PM
    That is not normal and should be replaced. I strongly suggest you return it the store where you purchased it and politely point out the issue. Explain that you paid full price and that there is an obvious defect with the device. Good luck.
    Thanks for the prompt response DawgMan, I've seen your responses on quite a few threads, you seem to a be an authority on the BlackBerry. I will try explaining to them at the store, I hope they are understanding
    01-01-11 03:38 PM
    If it bothers you, then take it back, especially if you paid full price.

I have a Rogers BB 9780 as well- I do not have this problem. If I did, I would be concerned that the problem would get worse.
    Thanks alot bbstoof, I will try exchanging it for another one. Do you mind telling me which country yours was made in? Mine was made in Mexico.
    01-01-11 03:41 PM
    Thanks for the prompt response DawgMan, I've seen your responses on quite a few threads, you seem to a be an authority on the BlackBerry. I will try explaining to them at the store, I hope they are understanding
    I'm confidant that a very polite, articulate explanation of the problem will get you a replacement device.

Now for the bad news. While I certainly appreciate your kind words I am far from an authority on Blackberry. As you spend more time on CB, you will clearly see that there are very intelligent and informative members here. In fact so many that I would be afraid to mention any by name for fear of leaving someone out. Thanks again.
    goldmemba likes this.
    01-01-11 03:48 PM
    I'm confidant that a very polite, articulate explanation of the problem will get you a replacement device.

Now for the bad news. While I certainly appreciate your kind words I am far from an authority on Blackberry. As you spend more time on CB, you will clearly see that there are very intelligent and informative members here. In fact so many that I would be afraid to mention any by name for fear of leaving someone out. Thanks again.
    Which country was your 9780 made in DawgMan?
    01-01-11 03:57 PM
    You have a right to a replacement within 30 days anyways so it is not like they would be doing you a favour or you have to ask extra special for it...

You get a 15 day no questions asked return policy and up 30 days for a new replacement. After 30 days they can give you a refurbished unit as a replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    goldmemba likes this.
    01-01-11 04:58 PM
    Thanks a million everyone, you were very helpful! I went to the Rogers store today and the sales representative kindly replace it.

Happy Camper now and totally please with my new phone! Highly recommend the Bold 9780 as long as you can get a perfect unit.
    01-02-11 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD