I have been trying to upgrade from os5 to os6 for ages now. My Desktop manager would not allow me to do that no matter what i did despite all the guides. I tried going through the Apploader after deleting the Vendor file.. and now it gives me a messages where it basicaly says that the Software was not detected or something like that ( sorry for the little detail as im at work and don't remember the exact text). Is there anything i can do about it. I have so many friends that upgraded to os 6 leakes as soon as they came out ive been trying to upgrade mine for the last 2 months. I have no clue what the problem is because for examle on my 9800 i have no problems updating the os6 to better versions of it . ( Keep in mind i have no blackberry service data plan or internet on my BB since my provider is overpriced and a complete ripp off )
    09-02-11 02:16 AM
    A few minuits after posting this i came across a program called the blackberry swiss army knife .. It has an option "load os".. will that work/ make things much simpler ? or is it just as complicated
    09-02-11 02:30 AM
    Bbsak is a very good & useful utility. You shouldn't have any problems.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
    09-02-11 02:51 AM
    Download the blackberry device software either from your carrier or a leaked one from the Leaked/Beta OS section, install it, then search for vendor.xml, delete all traces of it, then run BBSAK and click Load OS, select the OS version number, click Load OS and apploader will launch. It should work out once done, but do this with wifi off or the internet cord unplugged from your computer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 04:25 AM
    I have been trying to upgrade from os5 to os6 for ages now. My Desktop manager would not allow me to do that no matter what i did despite all the guides. I tried going through the Apploader after deleting the Vendor file.. and now it gives me a messages where it basicaly says that the Software was not detected or something like that ( sorry for the little detail as im at work and don't remember the exact text). Is there anything i can do about it. I have so many friends that upgraded to os 6 leakes as soon as they came out ive been trying to upgrade mine for the last 2 months. I have no clue what the problem is because for examle on my 9800 i have no problems updating the os6 to better versions of it . ( Keep in mind i have no blackberry service data plan or internet on my BB since my provider is overpriced and a complete ripp off )
    Do a search on vendor.xml and delete them. Some OS versions put it in more than one place.
    09-02-11 10:18 AM
    Try using this software to find every location of the vendor.xml file. Also, disconnect your PC from the internet before loading the OS.

Everything - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    09-04-11 01:33 PM
    Had the same problem today/tonight.

Eventually found another copy of Vendor.xml in Users\Alan\Appdata\Roaming\RIM\Blackberry.

Check that out. (Obviously, yours won't say "Alan".)
    09-04-11 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD