Sorry for posting this here but this seems to be the place for all things phone related!

My wife wants a phone to do texting with. Maybe a camera and the ability to send photos via MMS. She has an old fashioned phone.

Should we consider an older BB? We don't want email or the cost of a big data package.

My list of must haves are "EASY TO USE" as I will have to sort out software problems etc.

I see teenagers with several different models. LG in particular. Perhaps one of those. Anyone out there have experience with this type of phone and how reliable they are?

Thanks
    12-02-09 02:37 PM
    If you get on AT&Ts website, I believe they have a whole section called 'Texting Phones'.

I've heard LG, Samsung, and Nokia are all good. I had a Palm, once too, and I liked it a lot.

HTC Tilt2 Cell Phone - Wireless from AT&T

Personally, this one called the HTC Tilt 2 looks really cute and I like it a lot, but I've never had one, so I can't say it's going to work great, but it's got good customer reviews.
    12-02-09 02:43 PM
    Thanks Book.reader-

I am hoping to find a forum member who has used or has a friend/loved one who uses one of the texting phones and can recommend it.

There seem to be many options but many look like toys that might fail easily.....

Maybe a BB without a data plan but with unlimited texting?
    12-02-09 02:52 PM
    Thanks Book.reader-

I am hoping to find a forum member who has used or has a friend/loved one who uses one of the texting phones and can recommend it.

There seem to be many options but many look like toys that might fail easily.....

Maybe a BB without a data plan but with unlimited texting?
    You cannot get a BB (or any other smart phone) and add it to AT&T without getting a data plan. That option ended as of The first week of September.

I would suggest for your wife to visit the AT&T store and try out different phones to see which ones she likes. Then you both can check customer reviews of those devices to see how reliable they are.
    12-02-09 03:08 PM
    i'd beware of any of the lg texting phones...esp. sliders...
    i've processed more returns on these than anything else we sell.
    12-02-09 03:11 PM
    LG Xenon is what my daughter has, and loves it. I have friends that use a Tilt 2, and it can get somewhat complex, in many ways.

I'd take 'em for a test drive before committing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 03:14 PM
    LG Xenon is what my daughter has, and loves it.
    I just know A LOT of people have issues w/ xenon & neon screens freezing when sending a text. Your daughter is lucky!!!
    12-02-09 03:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD