i know i can just pop my sim in the bold, but i just bought a bold from a co-worker...btw im on my phone with no access to a computer so sorry for not being able to search correctly...i wanted to know do i have to create a BIS to use it or can i just use it with no issues. i also heard about releasing PIN and what not, will that be and issue also, if so i work with the original owner she went from the bold to the tour.

any help will be highly appreciated
    07-22-09 05:13 PM
    Isnt the tour CDMA? and Bold GSM?

and a BIS is used to link email accounts to your device by IMEI and PIN. the easiest way to release the pin if the handset receives emails from another person is to call your provider and ask to release it...
    07-22-09 05:20 PM
    Yea tour is cdma and bold is gsm, thus the reason original owner gave me the bold, she went to sprint and has no need of the bold, so she offered if i wanted it and i got it today.

She wiped the device clean and she sad she had email with the bold. So i just wanted to know how i can get my email on the bold and if i can use the features(sms, mms, internet) without getting the BB plan and use the medianet plan im using now on the nokia for the time being, or do i have to get the bbplan and get PIN released.
    07-22-09 05:38 PM
    1) She has to release the PIN and IMEI from her account.

2) If you do not add a BlackBerry data plan the phone will work
    but you will not be able to send or receive email, nor will you be
    able to access the internet or any other app that requires data
    (i.e. GPS apps, IM apps etc...)
    07-22-09 06:09 PM
    thank you sir, ill explore the phone some more and visit her tomorrow get the pin and imei released. so at&t wont give her a hard time since she has only had the phone for a month and found out about the tour and left at&t?
    07-22-09 06:21 PM
    They will be happy to release the pin so someone else will use it on AT&T.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 06:36 PM
    i am thinking of doing the same as well, i want to know how good is the web browser on the bold? i do lots of surfing and replying to emails. i like opera mini, but i dont know if it will work on the bold. other than that, if i turn on the wi-fi and push notifications, can i get more than a days worth of battery life? thanks.
    07-23-09 02:33 AM
    Yea i love opera mni on the e71 and my battery has lasted me verryy long. I saw another user who had both the e71 and bold and he said thebold cant compete e71 battery life...as far as opera mini on bold someone should chime in on that, or i will as soon as i get the bold up and running
    07-23-09 06:55 AM
    Battery life is much better when you have OS 4.6.0.282 running. In my opinion, my battery has lasted a day and a half of heavy use, especially running 6-7 apps in the background.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 07:07 AM
    alright opera mini does work on the bold, also i have the BIS plan everything working fine, i erased the previous owners email thru service book, i know it will return when i reboot/shut-off the phone. i will sit with her later and call at&t for her to release her pin, the phones imei is now under me, would there be any problems and would i need to wipe my phone after she calls and gets it released??
    07-23-09 10:58 AM
    Ahaan .. kool !
    07-23-09 12:58 PM
    alright opera mini does work on the bold, also i have the BIS plan everything working fine, i erased the previous owners email thru service book, i know it will return when i reboot/shut-off the phone. i will sit with her later and call at&t for her to release her pin, the phones imei is now under me, would there be any problems and would i need to wipe my phone after she calls and gets it released??
    you will most likely just need to do a battery pull then get your emails setup on the BIS.
    07-23-09 01:27 PM
    i called got it reset, used my existing gmail addy, just pulled the battery see what happens, im not receiving text messages before the battery pull so lets see what happens
    07-23-09 02:11 PM
    thanks guys, i think i am up for the bold. i am just hoping they dont release the onyx in a couple of months time...the iphone 3gs is nice, played with it yesterday but i cant type a message properly on it...guess i am so used to the physical qwerty keyboard on the e71...
    07-25-09 09:27 AM
    The Tour is a GSM/CDMA hybrid (designed to be used with CDMA networks where available, and then marketed as a "World Device" with Quad Band GSM) but will also be sold, (most likely) by some carriers as GSM device (Vodafone maybe Orange.)
    07-25-09 10:02 AM

and a BIS is used to link email accounts to your device by IMEI and PIN. the easiest way to release the pin if the handset receives emails from another person is to call your provider and ask to release it...
    Tour also has GSM freq..so u are able to use an unlocked Tour with ATT
    07-25-09 03:00 PM
    alright bold is working good im loving it so far, but the browser just doesnt cut it much for me, and my battery was already orange at 3:30, i am a heavy user on bbm, sms, emails, and a loottttt of web browsing, on the nokia e71, i would do the same(excluding bbm) and actually did more browsing and downloading on the e71 and my battery would still survive until the following afternoon. so i can definately say e71 battery > bolds battery, but im still loving the bold lol bbm is the buckin fest
    07-30-09 08:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD