First impressions of the Nokia E6; my T-Mobile SIM is staying in it most of the time | Nokia Experts

So nokia just released a little overview and review of the new Nokia E6 and looking just like a BlackBerry Bold, I had to watch it. I almost feel dirty after watching the video.. I just don't see how someone could choose that phone after using an actual BlackBerry... I mean the whole "Liquid Graphics" crap that RIM is saying sounds goofy and all, but after being so used to seeing videos of the 9900 with it's Liquid Graphics, this Nokia seems like it is wayyyyyy behind its time.

I find it very funny how the middle "trackpad" on the Nokia is nothing but an up, down, left, right button, but it is trying to be and look like the BlackBerries trackpad.

I am not here to smash on the Nokia E6, but there is one point that I am here to say. After seeing this device, I feel a LOT more comfortable with what RIM is doing.. Everyone is saying "oh yeah RIM would have been good if they released the Bold 9900 3 years ago, now is way too late".

Just look at its competitors, they are nice phones I guess, same DPI as an iPhone, but the smoothness just isn't there.. And loading a simple "settings" tab in that phone leads to the annoying little 'Loading...' animation.

I find it annoying that people are saying RIM is so behind the times and they are still F*cked because I honestly believe that the Bold 9900 is going to be the top phone of 2011... YES, I am ACTUALLY saying that I believe that it is up there with the iPhone.

Apple makes 1 phone a year, whereas RIM is making what? 7? I mean OBVIOUSLY they quality of such a large corporation making ONE phone is going to exceed a competing company making 7 within the same time frame, but I feel like they have put more time and effort into this 99xx then they have any phone in the past.

I have seen many people say "RIM should be like Apple and just make 1 AWESOME phone, where I say that would completely kill them.. They have to stick with a candybar, full touch and torch (for those indecisive people who don't know which they want ) (obviously just kidding) but I think that RIM is completely in the right spot right now.. They are where they SHOULD be for the current times. Looking at the competitors of the 99xx currently out/coming out soon, I feel that RIM is in NO WAY at the bottom of the list.
    07-18-11 01:25 PM
    I am not here to smash on the Nokia E6, but there is one point that I am here to say. After seeing this device, I feel a LOT more comfortable with what RIM is doing.. Everyone is saying "oh yeah RIM would have been good if they released the Bold 9900 3 years ago, now is way too late".
    I have no problem with the 9900, but the last company you should be using as a point to argue "too little too late" is Nokia.
    07-18-11 01:35 PM
    I have no problem with the 9900, but the last company you should be using as a point to argue "too little too late" is Nokia.
    I wasn't, that was just one part, I was actually referring to the other phones currently out.. I mentioned the iPhone aswell.. The only reason I brought up Nokia was because the phones are identical..
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 07-18-11 at 01:47 PM.
    07-18-11 01:42 PM
    I'd hardly say the phones are identical, you make it sound like the candy bar is a unique form factor. Plenty of phones were already using this form factor.
    07-18-11 01:50 PM
    I'd hardly say the phones are identical, you make it sound like the candy bar is a unique form factor. Plenty of phones were already using this form factor.
    Not many - most by far are touch-only slabs. Of all everything that's out there, the only non-BB's that I'm aware of are the E6, Palm Pixi and Droid Pro. And then there's another handful of sliders.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-11 02:04 PM
    Lol I always make fun of my friend with a Nokia saying it is pretty much a BlackBerry ripoff.
    07-18-11 02:15 PM
    Lol I always make fun of my friend with a Nokia saying it is pretty much a BlackBerry ripoff.
    And then there are Palm people saying Blackberry is a Palm ripoff. And most Androids are iPhone ripoffs. Either nobody can have an original idea any more, or there are only so many viable form factors for a mobile communications device. Take your pick.

07-18-11 02:52 PM
    And then there are Palm people saying Blackberry is a Palm ripoff. And most Androids are iPhone ripoffs. Either nobody can have an original idea any more, or there are only so many viable form factors for a mobile communications device. Take your pick.

Just like how everyone is suing everyone for everything.. That was my idea and you stole it, F THAT, we're suing Google. YOU CAN'T sue Google, therefore we are suing you for suing Google. Hah I love corporations
    07-18-11 05:25 PM
    Does this phone have flash? That would suck if it did lol

07-18-11 05:29 PM
    Does this phone have flash? That would suck if it did lol

it would suck because even bringing up the clock/alarm function has a load time - I wouldn't touch flash on that thing with a pole.
    07-18-11 07:13 PM
    no wonder why Nokia choose WP7, that phone and it's OS look horrific
    07-18-11 07:21 PM
    I used to love Nokia. My favourite phones were the E61i, E71 and the N95. Symbian was great during those years. They "cleaned" up Symbian but IMO, I think Anna looks hideous. I know their future smartphones will be WP7. I think they should have gone with the Android OS. But Stephen Elop's arrogance will land Nokia in the 2nd spot by 2014, IMO. I don't hate Nokia. But I hate the fact that Elop didn't include BlackBerry as a "competitor". He's going after the iPhone and Android and said the 3 remaining OS will be iOS, Android and Windows 7. My prediction, the 3 remaining OS will be iOS, Android and Blackberry. A lot of Nokia fans have already switched over to the iPhone, Android or Blackberry. Symbian is dead. The E6 won't do well. It will sell okay in Europe and Asia. But a lot of those users have already moved on from Nokia.
    07-18-11 09:17 PM
    Why a Nokia E6 could be better than a 9900? Answer: Ovi Maps.

They are sometimes outdated, sometimes imprecise, a bit glitching - but they have one big plus: they are offline. I can download maps for several countries from my PC and use navigation for free.

That's very important for me - I travel a lot to 'weird' countries, and if I tried Google Maps with a data connection in those countries, I'd go bankrupt by now.
    07-18-11 09:34 PM
    I would never base my phone purchase on a free unreliable GPS. If I traveled a lot, I would get a stand alone GPS that's more reliable.
    07-18-11 10:01 PM
    I dont drive in those countries, I mean walking navigation.

Say I'm in a place I've never been before. In the hotel I fire up Google Maps, find some places of interest, I take the Nokia ( actually an E7 ) mark those places in the Maps, and off I go sightseeing. The Maps are certainly up to this task

Those days I always take the Nokia for a business trip. As a smartphone it sucks, I agree - but it is a solid phone with good reception, physical keyboard so fast texting, and good offline maps. That's enough for me when I am a few days in Indonesia.
    Last edited by Utumno; 07-18-11 at 10:14 PM.
    07-18-11 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD