Hello, I have another question. I lost my charger, so currently I'm charging it via USB to my laptop, nevertheless I've noticed my E55 nokia charger fits my BB. Is it safe to use it? Or should I look to buy a new one?
    08-10-10 03:39 AM
    You can use pretty much any charger that has a micro USB plug in. It's not recommended by the manufacturers, but I've been doing it for years without problems.
    08-10-10 04:18 AM
    me too oftenly charged my bb with a nokia charger.
    got no issues never.
    08-10-10 05:38 AM
    Thanks guys, you saved me from buying a new charger. Love crackberry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-10 05:55 AM
    You actually shouldn't be plugging anything into your USB port. You will destroy it. Check out the charging pod blog in my sig. Amazon FTW.
    08-10-10 12:52 PM
    You actually shouldn't be plugging anything into your USB port. You will destroy it. Check out the charging pod blog in my sig. Amazon FTW.
    That is not true. I charged my blackberry many times using various USB chargers and I did not destroy it. No need to mislead people.

08-10-10 04:57 PM
    Hello, I have another question. I lost my charger, so currently I'm charging it via USB to my laptop, nevertheless I've noticed my E55 nokia charger fits my BB. Is it safe to use it? Or should I look to buy a new one?
    My BB charger is still in the box. I've been using a Motorola one that came with my BT headset, no issues to report either. Charges just fine.
    08-10-10 05:00 PM
    That is not true. I charged my blackberry many times using various USB chargers and I did not destroy it. No need to mislead people.

I agree. My wife, daughter and I put 6 years total into 3 Curve 8320s and had no port issues.

Does it happen? Absolutely. Do you (BMWMPower) need to make it sound all "gloom and doom"y? No.
    08-10-10 05:03 PM
    Yes, I read that is ok, so hopefully I won't be the lucky one to "destroy" my usb
    Thanks guys!
    08-11-10 03:19 PM
    I destroyed the charging port on my 8100 plugging and unplugging the USB connection. This was long before I knew the charging pods even existed. I only ever plug my phone in with the car charger. Bluetooth for DM, pod for the desk and by the bed.
    08-11-10 10:36 PM
    Sure! ALL USB chargers are the same and safe
    Last edited by xhotkey; 08-12-10 at 02:25 AM.
    08-12-10 02:09 AM
    The charge that goes into each device is the same, it does not matter if u interchange chargers w devices. I use the same micro USB charger for my berry, nook, camera, etc.etc. No harm to any device, just that I've notice some take longer to get a full charge than others.

08-12-10 04:14 AM
    Some USB chargers don't have enough power for a Blackberry. My Plantronics headset micro usb charger won't work. Blackberry gives me an error message that it is unable to charge.
    08-12-10 08:02 AM
    When I was overseas, I had forgotten my charger and usb cable at home here so my uncle picked up a nokia charger that worked fine with my 9700.
    08-12-10 03:30 PM
    Micro and mini usb chargers can be interchanged between devices.. Other chargers shouldn't be used because they all vary in input output voltage. I heard that most cell companies are going the micro, mini route because too many people were frying their devices and it also makes it easier for the aftermarket companies.

08-12-10 03:40 PM
    Whoah, whoah, whoah. Riddle me this, were you safely disconnecting the device? Example, in Windows you have your toolbar down on the bottom and it has an icon for usb drives, when you left click it, It pops up with all the drives plugged in, you then select the one that is your BB and choose safely remove. I put the whole description for those who don't/haven't used Windows, not sure if Apple has a similar function for Macs or not.

08-12-10 03:51 PM
    Whoah, whoah, whoah. Riddle me this, were you safely disconnecting the device? Example, in Windows you have your toolbar down on the bottom and it has an icon for usb drives, when you left click it, It pops up with all the drives plugged in, you then select the one that is your BB and choose safely remove. I put the whole description for those who don't/haven't used Windows, not sure if Apple has a similar function for Macs or not.

Mac and Linux:

Linux: right click, Unmount (I do believe it's umount in the terminal with /dev/sda or the path to the device mounted listed with gparted/parted or the partitioning software used).

Mac: Drag it to the trash, unplug.

08-12-10 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD