Does the update allow you to do this? If so, where is it on the phone?
    11-26-11 01:32 PM
    Yes it does allow you to use wifi calling / uma on the orange network in the uk.

Went into e-screen to input settings and found them already there, aparently they now come down over the air, after a reboot the phone locked straight onto UMA though it has a logo now and not uma.

If you click on connections and network, you should now have prefer wifi calling set if not change from prefer mobile network to wifi.

Not had much chance to test more but certainly works for now.
    11-26-11 01:38 PM
    The OS 7.1 have NFC, Wifi Hotspot, NFC file transfer and UMA. However, ALL of these are depend on your carrier because they are either controlled by service books or vendor IDs. So, for example, I get NFC, wifi hotspot and NFC file transfer from Telus mobility under their BIS plan. However, I do not get UMA aka wifi calling because Telus do not have that service. The OS support it, but the carrier doesn't and also UMA on companies like Rogers are added to your plan with an additional fee. It is NOT free in most cases while Telus provide free wifi hotspot to all BIS users $50 or above plans.
    11-26-11 01:44 PM
    Will bb01.2 have this feature of calling over wifi
    10-17-13 09:34 PM
    Apparently, the carrier will have to ultimately support the wifi calling, like t-mobile I know does. But I found out that not all 9900 are the same and wifi not supported on some carriers. There are work arounds though. Check the threads.
    10-18-13 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD