I am no longer getting a "Voice Mail" notification in my message list. I get the VM icon at the top of the screen but it's so small sometimes I don't notice it. Is this an OS 5.0 issue? Is there a setting I need to change? I searched the forums and also the ? on the device. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
    05-21-10 10:46 AM
    Try Options/Phone Options/Call Logging, and set to all
    05-21-10 11:45 AM
    Typically you would get an SMS message that goes to your Message List and thus plays your SMS ringer. I just switched to a 9650 myself and have the same issue.

I just got off the phone with Sprint Support. They were stumped. They didn't have a 9650 to test with yet.
    05-21-10 02:14 PM
    I am no longer getting a "Voice Mail" notification in my message list. I get the VM icon at the top of the screen but it's so small sometimes I don't notice it. Is this an OS 5.0 issue? Is there a setting I need to change? I searched the forums and also the ? on the device. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!
    I've got the same issue with mine... no sound or vibrate notification for voice mail, only the little icon. I can set sounds/vibrate for other notifications that I've never even heard of... but for the life of me, I can find no option for set sound/vibrate for voice mail. ???
    05-21-10 10:53 PM
    With the new OS, you must go into Messages and hit Menu/Options. Then pick Inbox Settings and put a check next to SMS. By default, voicemail indication messages have always been in the SMS box and the new Messages box now has control over what folders to have tied views for content. Personally, I'd just leave it unchecked and use the SMS box instead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 06:05 AM
    With the new OS, you must go into Messages and hit Menu/Options. Then pick Inbox Settings and put a check next to SMS. By default, voicemail indication messages have always been in the SMS box and the new Messages box now has control over what folders to have tied views for content. Personally, I'd just leave it unchecked and use the SMS box instead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Mine already had that option checked. The problem is that the SMS message isn't coming at all. I also don't think it's an OS 5 issue, although it might be a specific version. I was running OS 5 on my 9630 and didn't have this problem until I switched to the 9650.
    05-22-10 09:09 AM
    Good to know someone else is having the same problem. Sprint thinks I'm crazy and just today 'Carl' from Sprint told me the VM notification via text message was removed from OS 5.0. VM notification does return when you downgrade to 4.7 (which 'Carl' says is impossible to do with a BB). My notification stopped working when I upgrade the Desktop Manager to 5.01 (running W7). I'm definitely stumped and irritated with Sprint!!
    05-22-10 10:53 AM
    Mine already had that option checked. The problem is that the SMS message isn't coming at all. I also don't think it's an OS 5 issue, although it might be a specific version. I was running OS 5 on my 9630 and didn't have this problem until I switched to the 9650.
    I seem to remember an issue like this when the 9630 came to Sprint a while back. Personally, I wish Verizon would stop sending me the SMS message telling me there's a voicemail waiting. I would much rather just have the VM icon and nothing more. You already know when you missed a call based on the Call Log, I don't need another message telling me the same thing. This is the one thing that's bothered me about how BBs do their VM notifications. Seems stupid and I say you're lucky. Most likely it's a provisioning or OS thing... I can't remember what it was specifically on the 9630's when Sprint released them last year, but I know it got fixed eventually.
    05-22-10 02:51 PM
    I've been on the phone with two different CS people today including one from "advanced technical support" who have been unable to help with this situation. Very frustrating.
    05-24-10 02:35 PM
    totally agree.. I dont want this "fixed"

i dont need to be told the same thing twice

I seem to remember an issue like this when the 9630 came to Sprint a while back. Personally, I wish Verizon would stop sending me the SMS message telling me there's a voicemail waiting. I would much rather just have the VM icon and nothing more. You already know when you missed a call based on the Call Log, I don't need another message telling me the same thing. This is the one thing that's bothered me about how BBs do their VM notifications. Seems stupid and I say you're lucky. Most likely it's a provisioning or OS thing... I can't remember what it was specifically on the 9630's when Sprint released them last year, but I know it got fixed eventually.
    05-24-10 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD