Who is responsible for SiriusXM not being on the 9900 yet Blackberry or SirusXM? I'm starting to get fed up with RIM's BS. Last year I couldn't get the Yahoo Fantasy Football App, (but Apple and Android could), this year the MLB At Bat app didnt come until several of us complained, emailed and (listened to all these RIM defenders cover for them) and we finally got it after the season began. You name it we keep being last. Pisses me off cause Canada (who I know for a fact) has this app working on all Blackberry models. Why? SiriusXM prejudice against the US or is it RIM who is a Canadian company? MLB at Bat late, no this years NFL Fantasy app, NHL hockey app gone, no Angry Birds (at one point the most popular app in the US), no Google with Turn by Turn Nav, no SiriusXM app (unless your BB is older than 2yrs), no Scrabble, no Words with Friends, .... my friends the list keeps going on and on. Blackberry 10 better be a HUGE improvement or I'll get me a Android. Worse Part? Apple was the pretty girl at the party first, we came 2nd and have been trying to get a dance ever since.... then Android comes 3 days late to the party and gets a dance before us.
    08-24-12 05:02 PM
    Who is responsible for SiriusXM not being on the 9900 yet Blackberry or SirusXM?
    Always the dev... BlackBerry is just a phone name.
    08-24-12 05:15 PM
    You mean bigger developers focus on the more popular platforms? I'm shocked!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-24-12 05:21 PM
    Purhaps it is time to admit you are on the wrong platform for your needs..... If what you have does not do what you need.... talke a loss and find a device that does.... life is so much easier then.....
    wolfee48 and Spencerdl like this.
    08-24-12 05:46 PM
    Yeah the dev decides who they're going to provide apps for. Sounds like bb isn't for you. I'd sell it and get something that meets your wants.
    08-24-12 05:57 PM
    I understand the OP's point. Blackberry is capable of all of these apps, yet they aren't available to us. Why? It seems as though the developers have already written us off. It's really a shame.
    anon(1092138) likes this.
    08-24-12 08:35 PM
    I don't know why people need so many apps, I also don't know why everyone calls them apps. Apple uses that term to define programs on its mac os. It would be silly to call your windows programs apps because they aren't. Its just a huge marketing scam to get everyone crazy about having a billion apps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    08-24-12 11:47 PM
    Hmmm and here all this time I thought "apps" was the modern and shorthand way of saying applications; i.e. application programs. I guess I missed that bit back when I was a dev writing machine code and assembler. Of course those were ancient times
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    08-25-12 01:17 AM
    Move to android. You'll have all the apps. Bb10 might change all this but not likely soon enough for you.

Sent from my flip-phone.
    08-25-12 01:37 AM
    For those not aware developers don't stay away from Blackberry because the others are more popular, but mostly because Blackberry is more complicated, and RIM support isn't is as cooperative as the others. And yeah I just might jump ship -instead of watching the ship sink (believing the Captain will fix the leak), meanwhile your Captain is in a row boat on his way to shore.
    Last edited by xshawx; 08-25-12 at 03:46 AM.
    08-25-12 03:42 AM
    Purhaps it is time to admit you are on the wrong platform for your needs..... If what you have does not do what you need.... talke a loss and find a device that does.... life is so much easier then.....
    Wrong Platform? So you think RIM has did it's customers fairly by not keeping up with the competition?

Complaints give businesses an opportunity to correct problems. In addition, they frequently provide constructive ideas for improving products, adapting marketing practices, upgrading services, or modifying promotional material and product information to keep up with the competition. Recognizing the importance of buyer disappointment in the marketplace, keep many businesses effective. (check RIM stock lately?) That's what give companies a competitive edge.

When I bought in to BB. It did care, and continuously put out phones that the competition envied. A management philosophy that embraces customer satisfaction as a primary goal of business, instead of DEFENDING the company. Keep defending, I'm expecting more especially when the resources are well available.
    08-25-12 03:59 AM
    I'm loving the phone. The usefulness and speed of the blackberry hardware and native software is the king of "apps".

The question is, does this one king-of-apps compete well against the fact that millions of lesser-apps are available for those fiddly, glass smartphones?

It's up to you. When I returned from Android, I missed a few very useful apps, but it felt so good not to have to fiddle around so much with the glass screen.... tapping and scrolling around.

I do occasionally reconsider Android for their slider phones (which I had), but even then, the BB design is much better.

Hopefully BB will survive nicely with BB10 and make life as easy as possible on app developers.

As of now, I miss only Netflix.
    08-25-12 07:07 AM
    I agree with most others. You bought the wrong phone for your needs. It was pretty well known that the apps you mentioned would not be on this phone at launch time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-25-12 09:33 AM
    I agree with most others. You bought the wrong phone for your needs. It was pretty well known that the apps you mentioned would not be on this phone at launch time.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    True. I knew most of these apps wouldn't be available. But something like Google Maps Turn by Turn? That is an information app. And Blackberry was always the number one business/information phone. The browser has sucked for years but I bought it because it was the best "phone". This phone is still the best "phone" (seems we forgot what's most important) and I hate typing on glass, but this is 2012. Anything that can eliminate me carrying 4 devices, and put information at my fingertips is king when it comes to technology. And for all the defenders, "why do most of these non-important app work on Blackberrys in Canada? It's not that developers shy away, wake up and smell the coffee. They can do better here in the US.

sent via Blackberry Playbook 64
    08-25-12 08:49 PM
    Move to android. You'll have all the apps. Bb10 might change all this but not likely soon enough for you.

Sent from my flip-phone.
    Some of you believe "it's easier to just settle with what is given to you, like you have no voice�, but some of us expect improvements for the continuously growing price tags on theses phones. I expect BB-10 to close the gap that has been created. Not charge more for a minor upgrade. I've had Blackberry phones since the 2004-05 the BlackBerry 7210 was my first. So yes I do expect more when I been with them since they were on top, chasing Apple, now chasing Droid. Not to mention have purchased stock with RIM in the past.
    08-25-12 09:04 PM
    I'm with you on this xshawx.
    I had posted this last month and have had 349 views 0 posts:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...8/#post7529176

It feels like if it's the developers not bringing apps to blackberry, then the success or failure of the platform has nothing to do with RIM. It makes no sense.
    08-26-12 10:10 AM
    Agreed, but I would think RIM would make changes to entice developers (without developers to make apps for a platform these days, it’s practically a given that the platform won’t see major success) So for all the "apps don't matter guys" - Developers see Blackerry doesn't have enough market saturation to justify the investment of time and money. (setting up a vendor account, signing keys,then converting and submitting) So yes they need to step it up.
    08-26-12 10:26 AM
    Blackberry 10 better be a big improvement, or we all will suffer.
    08-26-12 11:21 AM
    I'm with you on the desire for a Sirius app. I've been a Sirius advocate for years, loved using it with my Bold 9700 but when I got my 9900, I was out of luck. Sirius told me that they had no plans to develop an app. I had no choice but to cancel and look elsewhere. Slacker Radio has been awesome, I would totally recommend it if you're looking for music streaming on your handset!
    08-26-12 06:54 PM
    it is being worked on for bb10. i am bbm friends with a dev thats making it for xm. they also are trying to get it to bb7 but thats still a work in progress.
    08-26-12 07:01 PM
    it is being worked on for bb10. i am bbm friends with a dev thats making it for xm. they also are trying to get it to bb7 but thats still a work in progress.
    Good News. Thanks
    08-26-12 10:18 PM
    I'm with you on the desire for a Sirius app. I've been a Sirius advocate for years, loved using it with my Bold 9700 but when I got my 9900, I was out of luck. Sirius told me that they had no plans to develop an app. I had no choice but to cancel and look elsewhere. Slacker Radio has been awesome, I would totally recommend it if you're looking for music streaming on your handset!
    Have Slacker, but like Pandora better. But I want SiriusXM for Stern, live sports games, comedy etc.
    08-26-12 10:19 PM
    It's still not available.
    03-28-13 10:12 AM
    I like Pandora,but they have no plans for th BB10 at this time. and on the 9900 , very glitchy! and, yeah, why can't we get Sirius? valid request when all others have it!?
    03-31-13 01:37 PM
    Pandora works flawlessly on the 9900. I stream high quality in the car and never get a drop out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-13-13 11:03 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD