I used to get the SMS "gung h" ring tone notification sound when I received traditional voice mail. Now I don't get any sound when voicemail comes in on h VVM.

I don't even get a blinking LED, so the only way I know that I've received voice mail is if I look at the screen (after hitting e.

I know it's supposed to be visual voice mail, but couldn't they have left some audio in the mix?
    08-26-09 12:42 PM
    Not even a mercy reply? What, it's just me and everyone else does get a ring tone (and LED) notification when they get voice mail with VVM?
    08-26-09 02:35 PM
    Starting to sound like YouMail and 247 are the way to go if I want VVM.

Sorry, I don't have an answer.
    08-26-09 02:38 PM
    Patience...

I don't get any notification either. I just didn't have anything constructive or informative to say. I did subscribe as I have the same problem. Just didn't think by saying "me neither" it would add anything.
    08-26-09 02:40 PM
    I get the regular sms notification, but youmail is still the way to go as it has 10X the features att vvm has.
    08-26-09 03:01 PM
    Actually, I would have welcomed (and do welcome) a "me neither." It's always heartening to know that it's not just me.

I guess it's an oversight on RIM's part because I sure don't see any way to add/change a sound for VVM. There never was a way because original VM is tied to the SMS notification tone. You'd think they would have something in the rather bare VVM options page.
    08-26-09 03:07 PM
    I get the regular sms notification, but youmail is still the way to go as it has 10X the features att vvm has.
    Great, another one of those bugs that some people have and others don't. I see we're both on .266, so that can't be it.
    08-26-09 03:09 PM
    Has anyone had a problem of visual voice mail not working? I cant seem to get it to work. I went to the AT&T website and added VVM to my plan and then I called my voice mail and setup what I thought was my VVM and when you call me now to leave a VM it says Welcome to AT&T voice-mail we need more information to direct your call to the appropriate voice-mail box to leave a message please dial the 10 digit number of the person you are trying to call if you have a voice-mail box on this system please press # ... need some help with these please.
    08-26-09 03:13 PM
    Great, another one of those bugs that some people have and others don't. I see we're both on .266, so that can't be it.
    I'm on .297
    08-26-09 03:19 PM
    Has anyone had a problem of visual voice mail not working? I cant seem to get it to work. I went to the AT&T website and added VVM to my plan and then I called my voice mail and setup what I thought was my VVM and when you call me now to leave a VM it says Welcome to AT&T voice-mail we need more information to direct your call to the appropriate voice-mail box to leave a message please dial the 10 digit number of the person you are trying to call if you have a voice-mail box on this system please press # ... need some help with these please.
    That happened to me to, make sure you dial #002# then hit call to refresh the default call forwarding number. Im my case the old number that I had changed once vvm was added. Also, make sure you complete the full setup when you call your voicemail. I hung up after I changed my pin and thought I was done, when I called back it started me from that point and I had to fully complete the set-up.
    08-26-09 03:22 PM
    I'm on 297 and it is working fine for me. Took me two tries to get a password set but all is well now.
    08-26-09 03:28 PM
    I'm on 297 and it is working fine for me. Took me two tries to get a password set but all is well now.
    Are you getting any type of audible or vibrate notification or is it just the popup?
    08-26-09 03:29 PM
    That happened to me to, make sure you dial #002# then hit call to refresh the default call forwarding number. Im my case the old number that I had changed once vvm was added. Also, make sure you complete the full setup when you call your voicemail. I hung up after I changed my pin and thought I was done, when I called back it started me from that point and I had to fully complete the set-up.
    Thanks that fixed it. I didn't do #002#

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 03:38 PM
    Are you getting any type of audible or vibrate notification or is it just the popup?
    I don't know about vibrate since I haven't been in that situation yet but I do get the same crow call I've had for SMS. And a pop up appears. (I'm assuming vibrate will work)
    08-26-09 05:42 PM
    If you have BerryBuzz you definitely get a tone and vibrate for VVM. I set BerryBuzz for SMS reminder and when I get a VVM it first flashes as a missed call alert and I then get a tone and vibrate alert for a SMS (which is actually the VVM). And I then have a repeat reminder selected that rings/vibrates until you respond to it (which I also set thru BerryBuzz) . It works brilliantly.
    08-26-09 06:02 PM
    I was not getting the sound either on 266. I upgraded to 297 and now i get whatever sound I have set for my SMS notification.
    08-26-09 06:39 PM
    Well that's great, I downgraded from .297 because of the long card scan time bug. So I either have to go back to .297 and put up with that mess or stay on .266 and get no ring tone or LED notification with VVM. I wish RIM would get its act together here.

08-26-09 08:08 PM
    Well that's great, I downgraded from .297 because of the long card scan time bug. So I either have to go back to .297 and put up with that mess or stay on .266 and get no ring tone or LED notification with VVM. I wish RIM would get its act together here.

i'm on .266 too.

i added the VVM today thru apploader since i didn't install it before.
    i activated my VVM thru AT&T account.
    i setup the new voicemail and followed through the end of the setup process.
    i did a battery pull.

i don't get a ringtone alert or a led notification when i get a get a voicemail. i only see a popup window that i have a voicemail & a missed call; and voicemail, message and missed call icons.

maybe the VVM at .297 fixed that.

let me know if you got it fixed. thanks.

btw, the VVM version i have is 1.0.0.66 - could anybody with .297 post what is the new VVM version?
    Last edited by charliebauer24; 08-27-09 at 10:40 AM.
    08-27-09 10:38 AM
    Yes, that seems to be the problem -- VVM on .297 is 1.0.0.88, while it is 1.0.0.66 on .266. I'm trying to think of some way to get that .88 version loaded on .266. You can't just install .297 on your PC and hope to just check the box for the VVM version upgrade because the upgrade to the overall OS is required (i.e., the checkbox for the OS upgrade itself is grayed out).

I thought I might copy the VVM .alx and .cod files from .297 and paste and replace over their earlier versions in the the .266 Loader Files folder, but that doesn't show anything for VVM when you then run App Loader.

I also tried just browsing to the .297 VVM .alx file from App Loader, but that doesn't work either.

The only thing I can think of is tweaking the Platform.alx file, which I believe makes the entire .297 upgrade required when you run App Loader, and change the "required" statement in it from true to false, then running App Loader and deselecting the check box next to the overall OS upgrade.
    Last edited by JasW; 08-27-09 at 12:48 PM.
    08-27-09 12:45 PM
    i'm on .266 too.

i added the VVM today thru apploader since i didn't install it before.
    i activated my VVM thru AT&T account.
    i setup the new voicemail and followed through the end of the setup process.
    i did a battery pull.

i don't get a ringtone alert or a led notification when i get a get a voicemail. i only see a popup window that i have a voicemail & a missed call; and voicemail, message and missed call icons.

maybe the VVM at .297 fixed that.

let me know if you got it fixed. thanks.

btw, the VVM version i have is 1.0.0.66 - could anybody with .297 post what is the new VVM version?
    The VVM version that came with .297 is 1.0.0.88
    08-27-09 01:08 PM
    I'm on .297. I get my sms tone for vvm, and it vibrates when in holster. Also, my card scan takes about 2 seconds.
    08-27-09 01:14 PM
    I'm trying to think of some way to get that .88 version loaded on .266.
    i thought of this too, so i tried it.

* i installed .297 on my PC and copied VVM (.88) alx and cod files.
    * uninstalled .297 on my PC
    * i used BBSAK to remove the VVM (.66) .cod files from my .266
    * battery pull
    * run apploader and installed the VVM (.88) on my .266
    * installed okay, VVM is now showing version .88
    * battery pull, resend service books, re-register routing table.
    * left a test voicemail.

No luck! all i got is a sms from at&t, same as the sms you will receive when you have a VVM activated on your account but you have no VVM app installed on phone.

so put back my VVM .66 version, maybe i'll try the .297 OS tonight.
    08-27-09 01:38 PM
    I did a similar thing -- I installed .297 and moved Platform.alx and blackberry.alx out of the Loader Files folder, so just VVM (and a few other things, like the browser, BB Maps, etc.) were upgraded when I ran App Loader. VVM .88 was installed, but I got the same result as you -- just a gobbledy-gook SMS message and a pop up window telling me I had voice mail.

Now I have to somehow downgrade to VVM .66, which should be a neat trick. I'm still figuring out how I should do it.
    08-27-09 02:27 PM
    Now I have to somehow downgrade to VVM .66, which should be a neat trick. I'm still figuring out how I should do it.
    loader won't allow you to downgrade so just remove the code .88 vvm files thru BBSAK, then run the loader and locate your .66 vvm... that should work.

btw, i upgraded .297 yesterday no issues so far.
    gained only 1mb though from 52mb to 53mb.
    vvm is working fine.

as for the sd card, i only have a Kingston SDHC 8gb, about 5-6gb used for photos, songs and movies. but i don't really have a problem in the media scan, it's just like the .266 for me. i think i'll stay with this OS for now.
    Last edited by charliebauer24; 08-28-09 at 09:46 AM.
    08-28-09 09:43 AM
    I don't have BBSAK, so I'm stuck with whatever I can do on my own. No amount of reconfiguring or removing different .alx files would prompt App Loader to downgrade VVM .88 to .66, so I finally just upgraded for the second time to .297.

The card scan time problem seems to kick in at over 6GB for most people, or where they have an 8 or 16GB that is mostly full. I've decided to put up with .297 and the card-scan problem for the time being because I don't like not having the voicemail notification on .266, despite it not having the card-scan problem.
    08-29-09 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD