I just got my very first blackberry today!

Surprisingly, there was a longer line at the AT&T for the bold than there was a line to vote!

However, going through the set up wizard it is only showing the option of setting up an email through the BlackBerry Enterprise server through the setup wizard. There is also no email setup option in the setup menu. Is this normal for blacberrys? Or is anyone else having this problem?
    11-04-08 09:11 AM
    I just got my very first blackberry today!

Surprisingly, there was a longer line at the AT&T for the bold than there was a line to vote!

However, going through the set up wizard it is only showing the option of setting up an email through the BlackBerry Enterprise server through the setup wizard. There is also no email setup option in the setup menu. Is this normal for blacberrys? Or is anyone else having this problem?
    BlackBerry Internet Service
    11-04-08 09:14 AM
    sounds like they have forgotten to put you on the data plan. double check with att that you do have a bb data plan
    11-04-08 09:15 AM
    log onto att's BIS site and sign up there... the persoanl email setup icon is basically the same thing as on the web... it links you to the BIS site.. click the link below
    AT&T BIS
    11-04-08 09:17 AM
    I've done that as well and mine still isn't working. The plan is there but the Provisioning service book is not present. AT&T did not know why. On the phone with RIM now.
    11-04-08 10:02 AM
    ATT can send the service books to your phone that adds that along with all of their crap lol. have you gone to options>advanced options> hosting routing table and registered?
    11-04-08 10:21 AM
    Yeah. It's not being registered at all.
    11-04-08 10:24 AM
    Yeah. It's not being registered at all.
    Your account is not setup correctly - ATT probably missed setting the BlackBerry data service. Call Customer Services / Customer Care and have them check.
    11-04-08 10:37 AM
    I have. Many times. That's the funny thing.
    11-04-08 10:44 AM
    RIM is escalating the ticket. Seems like there are a lot of Bolds that should be activated but the PINs are locked. Gonna follow up with them later if I don't get a reply in a couple of hours.
    11-04-08 10:51 AM
    I had the same issue this morning. I got my Bold last night and even though my personal email was working when I left the store, I didn't have an option to Set Up Personal Email. I could go into the BIS setup online and do everything there as usual, and I even tried to resend the Service Books without success.

When I came into the office this morning and had my admin update my BES settings and register the phone on our corporate account, all of a sudden that option now appears in the Options folder. Check to see if the Enterprise Registration was completed successfuly. If not, initialize it again and that will probably add the missing function.
    11-04-08 11:33 AM
    Come to find out, it looks like some Bolds are being provisioned wrong. RIM and AT&T are looking into this issue.
    11-04-08 03:00 PM
    I had to log into the AT&T BIS and update my PIN and IMEI. Once I did that, I sent my service books and my gmail was up and running...
    11-04-08 03:22 PM
    How long after the BB plan is set up does it take for the email, browser, etc to work? My email is only showing Enterprise and no personal email to set up. And the Media Net and Browser has the message "currently not in an area that can handle data communication....." The BB plan was not set up right when I got it but I had it done tonight (hopefully correct) but does it take awhile for it to work correctly?
    11-05-08 08:08 PM
    I called customer service last night and thought I had gotten it set up but when it wasn't working this morning I called tech support and found it had not been set up or set up correctly (she said it looked like he might have set it up but had not saved the new changes). So she set it up and within seconds everything was working. Since I had set up email on bis I did not have to do anything more on the phone. So I am good to go and it is great!!
    So if anyone is still having problems call tech support and it might just be the plan is not set up correctly.
    11-06-08 08:46 AM
    I get mine today. I hope I don't have these issues, but I have been told that they put me on the 99.99 account for unlimited minutes, texting and nights and weekends.

I don't need all that I just need 450 minutes - :P

They also told me they can't change it until I activate my account.
    11-06-08 08:53 AM
    Hello

i want setup Personal Email in my Bold

i'm form KSA and i have BB Bold Unlock

if i rgester in this web site bis.na.blackberry.com/html/

it's make my Bold lock or it's work without problem ?

thank you
    11-06-08 10:02 AM
    help plssssss
    11-07-08 01:43 AM
    I am having the same issues. The plan is there. I talked with RIM they said it's an AT&T issue. The RIM guy didn't even really do anything just sent me right back to AT&T.

They told me to take my phone into an AT&T store and try my SIM in another device and possibly get a new SIM card.

If that doesn't work they said I need a new device.

I am hoping they at least wave my activation fee.
    11-07-08 06:34 AM
    It didn't work for me.
    11-07-08 12:18 PM
    Hello

i want setup Personal Email in my Bold

i'm form KSA and i have BB Bold Unlock

if i rgester in this web site bis.na.blackberry.com/html/

it's make my Bold lock or it's work without problem ?

thank you
    You need to setup on YOUR CARRIER's BlackBerry website, or use the 'Email Setup' application on your phone. You can't setup using a carrier where you don't have an account.

You won't lock your phone again even if you make a mistake in the setup.
    11-07-08 01:35 PM
    You need to setup on YOUR CARRIER's BlackBerry website, or use the 'Email Setup' application on your phone. You can't setup using a carrier where you don't have an account.

You won't lock your phone again even if you make a mistake in the setup.
    See, I have done all of that and was even on the phone with RIM. Finally they told me to take it to the store and try another SIM card and if that doesn't work, then they will give me a new phone.
    11-07-08 01:38 PM
    New SIM didn't work for me. I tried yesterday. AT&T says that my Curve is still showing on my account even though I can use my Bold for most functions.
    11-07-08 01:40 PM
    New SIM didn't work for me. I tried yesterday. AT&T says that my Curve is still showing on my account even though I can use my Bold for most functions.
    Great -

So I am guessing they will have to give me a new phone. I have had it for a day.
    11-07-08 01:42 PM
    Did you buy it at a store?
    11-07-08 01:49 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD