I once set up my BB to wirelessly sync with gmail and have assumed that it is continuing to do so until now. However, I was setting things up in preparation for switching to my z10 and I noticed that when I now go to address book>options>gmail account it shows how many entries I have but no longer has any other options. I am pretty sure this is where the wireless sync option is supposed to be. Anyone have a similar problem or know why this is happening?
    TIA
    04-10-13 02:54 PM
    I believe I know what you're looking for.

It will be under Settings>Accounts.
    Select your Gmail [E-mail] Contacts account. Flick to the bottom, and you will find Sync Interval.

For the sake of battery life, I set my Sync Interval to 24 hours. I do not believe there is a manual option, the shortest interval is 15 minute.

Correction: There is a Manual setting, under Sync Interval.
    Correction 2: I found this thread in the Unanswered Thread column on the forum page and didn't notice it was for the 9900/30. Sorry dude.
    Last edited by cl8baller; 04-10-13 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Corrections.
    04-10-13 03:03 PM
    Gmail removed support for legacy devices a long time ago.... on bb10, you can sync with google,
    04-10-13 03:06 PM

Select your Gmail [E-mail] Contacts account. Flick to the bottom, and you will find Sync Interval.

For the sake of battery life, I set my Sync Interval to 24 hours. I do not believe there is a manual option, the shortest interval is 15 minute.

Where is settings>accounts?

I did find this which seems to describe a fix for my issue but it seems complicated and I dont wanna do something that will screw up my gmail or contacts.
    KB10594-Wireless Synchronization option is missing or not available for the contact list, memo list, task list, and calendar
    04-10-13 03:07 PM

Correction 2: I found this thread in the Unanswered Thread column on the forum page and didn't notice it was for the 9900/30. Sorry dude.
    from their posts it sounds like they are speaking about legacy devices which can no longer sync with gmail
    04-10-13 03:09 PM
    Gmail removed support for legacy devices a long time ago.... on bb10, you can sync with google,
    So no wireless syncing with the 9930?
    04-10-13 03:23 PM
    No wireless sync.... you will have to download a third party app.. they do exist...
    04-10-13 03:55 PM
    I have wireless synch on my 9900 working fine synching my contacts to Gmail.

I frequently load new OS's ( I am addicted to BL Hybrids) and the synch option nearly always automatically appears when I restore my e.mail accounts.

On the odd occasion it is missing I delete and set up my Gmail account from scratch and the option reappears.

I added a new contact on the 9900 yesterday and have just checked, and it is now in my Gmail address book.

Don't use the calendar so can't speak for that option.
    04-10-13 03:55 PM
    Not quite correct.
    Yes, Google dropped support for the Google Sync tool. Yes, Google has dropped ActiveSync access for the free Gmail accounts (as at 30-Jan.)
    However, the BIS ability to sync with Gmail, Google contacts and Google calendar is still intact. At least as of yesterday, when I handed over my old 9900 to someone and helped set up a Gmail account.
    04-10-13 04:38 PM