One day, my loudspeaker made a pop and I could no longer get any sound from it. I purchased a new midplate with the speaker in it from a reputable supplier that many have used on this board.

I installed the midplate yesterday and I still have NO SOUND!

How could this be a hardware issue as I have replaced everything but the main board?

I am on .167. Could upgrading to .282 help? I am so bummed out by this as I rescued this Bold from certain death and the only thing that doesnt work is the speaker. It would be a shame to have to throw it away because of the damn speaker!

Any advice at all would be appreciated.
    08-13-09 10:20 AM
    UPDATE: I just installed .282 and still no loudspeaker!
    08-13-09 02:15 PM
    did you check the speaker contacts to make sure they are actually touching the motherboard?

if your old popped and the new one doesnt work, there is a slight chance the motherboard might have some defect. try checking where the speaker makes contact to see if there is any stain or something out of the usual
    08-13-09 02:21 PM
    well its weird on the main board....where the speaker makes contact...it has a mark. Full disclosure, this bb was completely submerged in Sunscreen (dont ask) and I cleaned it with an alcohol bath.

I am a little worried that the alcohol has worn down the gold (copper?) contact and that the speaker contact is actually rubbing it off as it makes contact. I cant imagine that is true. Alas, I have no speakerphone!

Im searching for how to possibly build up the gold (copper?) contact again if that is the issue. I am certainly no electrical engineer, but its the only thing I can think of. are there any diagnostic tools I can dl to see whats wrong?

Im despondant about this...any help...please
    08-13-09 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD