Hey guys.
    Bold 9900 is my favorite phone.After 4 mounths it's gonna be my second year with this phone and I totally love it.
    The only problem I'm having is it keeps adding partipicants while speaking on the phone.My ear probably touches the screen or something but I hate this!! Does anyone know how to disable it? Ty!
    08-02-13 07:24 AM
    Edited your title to better reflect your issue. It is not a good idea, no matter how frustrated you are, to create threads with profanities in the title. Just a friendly tip!
    08-02-13 10:18 AM
    I thought there was some "proximity sensor" or similar that was suppose to deactivate the screen in such circumstances.
    08-02-13 11:42 AM
    I thought there was some "proximity sensor" or similar that was suppose to deactivate the screen in such circumstances.
    There is but it's response can be slow if one moves the phone close to and away from ones face rapidly. My mother has this problem with her 9930. She's always muting herself for the same reason.

To the OP..

Sorry but it cannot be disabled. You might try cleaning the top of the screen carefully with alcohol in case there is something obstructing the sensor. But other than that. No.

You can see if this is the issue. Make a call. Now cover the sensor at the top and uncover it rapidly. See how fast it responds. Supposedly on the Bold 99xx some have fast response and some are slower.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    08-02-13 11:48 AM
    It's not possible to disable it, BUT the function "Call screen lock" powered by Advance OS & Led (also available in the free version) overwrites all the touchscreen button making impossible to use it without intention.
    Hope this helps..
    08-06-13 04:07 PM