If no front cam for vid chat than I must pass and wait, my next phone will have it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-11 07:07 PM
    That's one feature I switched to an Android device for. Hopefully QNX BlackBerry devices will have one!
    09-03-11 07:10 PM
    Still don't see the point.. half the phones I own have a FF cam, never use it.
    09-03-11 07:29 PM
    Video calling is great if you have friends and family around the country. For me, it's just nice to see their face and even take a house tour.

I miss my brother and got to see his face using tango the other day. My cousin always puts her kid on the video chat and I love that too.

Yes, in person is the best. Unfortunately that's not always possible. It's just a way to stay close. I don't use social networking because it seems too impersonal

So, FFC is handy for me.
    09-03-11 07:33 PM
    It's one of those things some people like and others never use. For instance, I have a webcam on my laptop that I used once on the day I got the laptop just to see if it worked. I've never used it since.
    09-03-11 07:34 PM
    thanks for letting us know you won't be getting this phone, we can all sleep well tonight.
    09-03-11 07:34 PM
    You can't make everyone happy!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-03-11 07:37 PM
    That's one feature I switched to an Android device for. Hopefully QNX BlackBerry devices will have one!
    My next phone upgrade date is 12 Nov, after that, I'm done waiting, and waiting and waiting.
    Chrisy likes this.
    09-03-11 07:38 PM
    My next phone upgrade date is 12 Nov, after that, I'm done waiting, and waiting and waiting.
    Smart move. Waiting isn't worth it. You can always keep an eye on BlackBerry and switch back if a device Is released that you like.

I got sick of waiting for a useable browser. That's what prompted me to switch.
    09-03-11 07:42 PM
    FF is great and all but from my experience its very fuzzy, and the video and audio is not sync perfectly. I rarely use it and usually just hop on my computer if I plan to webcam with someone. It's still an option that blackberry lacks though.
    09-03-11 07:50 PM
    I only have experience on the HTC Thunderbolt, but video is crystal clear on it. My FFC is 1.3 mp though, not VGA. That may be the difference. Also, I can use 3G, 4G or WiFi for video calls.
    09-03-11 07:54 PM
    thanks for letting us know you won't be getting this phone, we can all sleep well tonight.

You don't get it friend; i want my keyboard blackberry, but, i need a front camera, my time to choose is coming fast, I didn't let rim down if there is no rim phone with frnt camera, no, rim let's me down.
    09-03-11 07:55 PM
    No big deal. There are a ton of great devices to choose from!
    09-03-11 07:56 PM
    I had always scoffed at FF (even though my device has one) until this Summer, when I was gone from family for a while. Seeing my baby waving to me via ooVoo was truly priceless.
    mud314 likes this.
    09-03-11 08:09 PM
    Video calling is great if you have friends and family around the country. For me, it's just nice to see their face and even take a house tour.

I miss my brother and got to see his face using tango the other day. My cousin always puts her kid on the video chat and I love that too.

Yes, in person is the best. Unfortunately that's not always possible. It's just a way to stay close. I don't use social networking because it seems too impersonal

So, FFC is handy for me.
    I have a computer for that.. the points for and against could be argued all day. Realistically, it's a personal preference.

Fact at this point however is, if you want a FFC.. BlackBerry isn't for you. Buy an iPhone.. Buy an Android device.. simple answer to a simple problem.

Not sure how someone can be let down by RIM in this regard, it's never been mentioned any BB would have one, never been shown off in any of the previous leaks, and is pretty common knowledge RIM has never been quick to add features to their devices. Heck, it took them forever to put wifi and GPS in ONE device, lol.
    09-03-11 08:12 PM
    I'm sure if skype were to make an app for BlackBerry, they would impliment it. Sadly I just don't see the point of it.

09-03-11 08:22 PM
    I have a computer for that.. the points for and against could be argued all day. Realistically, it's a personal preference.

Fact at this point however is, if you want a FFC.. BlackBerry isn't for you. Buy an iPhone.. Buy an Android device.. simple answer to a simple problem.
    I think that's what the OP was saying he was doing!

I don't have a computer for that. Pretty old school to carry a laptop or tab .
    09-03-11 08:24 PM
    I'm sure if skype were to make an app for BlackBerry, they would impliment it. Sadly I just don't see the point of it.

Skype already has a BB app, have for quite some time.. except it's only available to VZW users and pretty pointless. No one rushed to add FFC yet to a BB, and look at the motivation for adding apps that utilize it on the PlayBook.. or shall I say lack of...
    09-03-11 08:28 PM
    Does the PB have video Skype? If I had a Blackberry, I'd get a PB to supplement it with features I wanted like Flash browser and video calling.
    09-03-11 08:30 PM
    Dude, when are you going to use a front facing camera that you don't have access to a laptop or webcam?

Are you going to be walking down the street? Driving?

Probably not. A front facing camera is pure unnecessary decadence.

09-03-11 09:09 PM
    Me? I don't own a computer.

I have video chatted while resting on a hike, or out Kayaking and on a beach. It's neat to see family and friends surroundings!

My cousin has two laptops, two tabs but still uses her phone for video chat. Don't know why. Guess it's easier...

The thing is, some will use video chat and some won't. But at least have the option.

Why do you need email on the go on your device? You have a laptop or tab for that. Same thing.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 09-03-11 at 09:19 PM.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-03-11 09:15 PM
    Dude, when are you going to use a front facing camera that you don't have access to a laptop or webcam?

Are you going to be walking down the street? Driving?

Probably not. A front facing camera is pure unnecessary decadence.

By your myopic definition, so is a cell phone.

I used it when I was off on a mission trip helping folks who had no internet. Laptop was useless, and I wasn't about to use tethering.

Used it twice... once during a blackout. For a built-in feature, it is nifty when you need it.

BTW, why do some folks think that the ONLY way to video chat is while walking down the street? That's the umpteenth time I have heard that asked here...
    pantlesspenguin and Chrisy like this.
    09-03-11 09:20 PM
    Lol, I don't know. I pop open my kickstand and video chat at the table usually.

Unless I'm showing the person around then I walk and narrate.
    09-03-11 09:23 PM

Not sure how someone can be let down by RIM in this regard, it's never been mentioned any BB would have one, never been shown off in any of the previous leaks, and is pretty common knowledge RIM has never been quick to add features to their devices. Heck, it took them forever to put wifi and GPS in ONE device, lol.
    Yes it's possible for rim to let me down, i really have enjoyed and prefer bb keyboard and was really looking forward to getting the new touch screen bold, even if it was not qnx, but the frickkin company seems determined to shoot itself in the foot by modernizing so agonizinly so slow. I was so Looking forward to getting the new bold touch even though it is obviously the pre 9700 body brought back with a touch screen and yes better processor. yes I'm pissed at rim because I'd hoped they'd do more than set out a rehashed pre9700 bold. i want to stay bb but it keeps looking bleak, time and technology waits for no one. I'm simply fed upwith waiting, heck Istayed with and got another bb even after the ordeal of multi daily battery pulls on my first bb the curve, then teaching myself install rouge bb OS's
    So yeah, rim is, letting me down.
    09-04-11 09:41 AM
    They are not letting you down by not including a minor and fairly gimmicky feature, they are simply not making a device that exactly suits your needs, you could make a similar argument that those cameras that do have a ffc are letting you down by not having as good a keyboard as a bb.
    09-04-11 09:45 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD