Hi guys.
    I'm using a 9700 running on OS6 on a Europe GSM network
    WITHOUT BIS, BES or ANY EXTRA DATA PLAN other than my regular 600MB i get with my 1200 minutes and 600 SMS's.

I bought the phone simfree (factory unlocked/never locked) on eBay.

Almost everything is running perfect, i can use the BB browser and SOME 3rd party internet-using apps (gmail, im+, etc.)

But I can not use Facebook app, MSN app, BB AppStore etc.

As I realize, these apps require a data plan or BIS (please correct me if I'm wrong here)

So my questions would be:

- Is there a way to bypass this? (without paying for BIS/BES ofc.)

- I heard there are some hack programs that let you use some data functions on your phone without BIS/BES. Does anyone know anything about this, or is that only for some old BBs that couldn't use browsing at all without BIS/BES?

- In short, IS THERE SOME KIND OF BIS CRACK or some kind of program that REPLACES BIS?

Thank you.
    Last edited by fatninja28; 07-27-11 at 12:41 PM.
    07-27-11 12:38 PM
    There is no 'crack' and this type of discussion is not permitted on CrackBerry.

If you want everything to work as it should... get a BlackBerry data plan.
    07-27-11 12:50 PM
    Unless you can go break in to RIM and secretly add your device their servers, Phil is right and the asnwer is no.

you will require a data plan for the services requested. All of these services directly go right through the RIM servers, hence why you can not use them as you are not paying for them.
    07-27-11 01:05 PM
    Answer: NO. It's illegal.

Besides that, if you want BIS, pay for it. Better than getting arrested and charged and terminated from your carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-11 05:57 PM
    Hi guys.
    I'm using a 9700 running on OS6 on a Europe GSM network
    WITHOUT BIS, BES or ANY EXTRA DATA PLAN other than my regular 600MB i get with my 1200 minutes and 600 SMS's. blah blah blah...

So my questions would be:

- Is there a way to bypass [STEAL THIS DATA WITHOUT PAYING FOR IT] this? (without paying for BIS/BES ofc.)

- I heard there are some hack programs that let you use some data functions on your phone without [PAYING FOR IT] BIS/BES. Does anyone know anything about this, or is that only for some old BBs that couldn't use browsing at all without BIS/BES?

- In short, IS THERE SOME KIND OF BIS CRACK or some kind of program that [WILL LET ME STEAL THIS DATA WITHOUT PAYING FOR IT???] REPLACES BIS?

Thank you.
    I think that is what you meant to say.. right?
    07-27-11 06:25 PM
    Hi guys.
    But I can not use Facebook app, MSN app, BB AppStore etc.

As I realize, these apps require a data plan or BIS (please correct me if I'm wrong here)

- Is there a way to bypass this? (without paying for BIS/BES ofc.)
    - In short, IS THERE SOME KIND OF BIS CRACK or some kind of program that REPLACES BIS?
    Maybe you need to change the question into "what (and how) need to do to get maximum Internet experience on BlackBerry without BIS/BES".
    (no guarantee will get full support on the forums, but at least not acquisitions of trying to steal something)

First, without BIS plan you cannot get any BIS services. Think about not paying your telco but able to make calls on the network - just can't be.

Second, you can get a lot (Internet experience) from your BlackBerry without BIS, but what you need, in most cases, is the right Service Books - which should be your service provider specific as well. And also, need to set your telco specific APN.

In case you find, and port, the service books and set the APN you will be able to use most of the applications (not BIS services of course), including the native browser and so on.

Cannot say anything about MSN and Facebook, never used them (my assumption is in case they are designed to connect exclusively via BIS no way to use them, but if this is not the case is matter of service books only), but App World works without BIS plan on wifi or cellular data connection - no problems.

Just if having further questions where and how to find my telco service books - can't be in any assistance here - just refer to local communities with your telco.
    07-27-11 07:40 PM
    Get a BIS data plan
    07-30-11 03:17 PM
    The Blackberry App Store works just fine with wi-fi. And once you get the App Store get hte latest version of Facebook (v2) from there. You can use that with your wifi also.

I'm not sure about MSN though.

That's one way to bypass BIS. The legal way. lol
    Last edited by mithrazor; 07-30-11 at 09:41 PM.
    07-30-11 09:38 PM
    You can't bypass it. BBM and BIS services won't work withour a DATA plan for Blackberry that you can get only from your carrier.

But you can use Facebook and others (like Gmail) by using WIFI from a Blackberry browser (not App).
    07-31-11 09:32 AM
    Just use the browser for facebook, its just as good. Try MobileGmaps for maps, Nimbuzz for facebook/google chat, wordpress, .. I don't know why but for me I have to restart my phone when I want to use these apps, its all good for a few hours, then bang I got to restart it again, I guess there is something called network drop syndrom, that I didn't have in os 4.2... but oh well, life goes on.
    07-31-11 04:15 PM
    You don't have to do all that for Facebook. Just get the latest version of Facebook off of the app store. Which should be version 2. You can use that with wi-fi. Previous versions, you would have needed a data plan.

And the new Facebook also has chat in it. So you're good.
    07-31-11 04:53 PM
    I'm quite surprised by the harsh responses telling the TO to subscribe for a BIS plan.

Of course, to experience the full Blackberry universe there's no way round getting a BIS plan. To my opinion you can use a good amount of your Blackberry without BIS, IF - and that's the important part - you are willing and capable of fiddling around with some workarounds.

I personally do have a BIS subscription, but I know how it feels to work without BIS. In 2010 I spend 6 months in China and at that time there was no Chinese provider offering BIS! So I basically had to deal without..

And, as a start for the TO, for Email integration without BIS, one could try alternative solutions like the gmail app, logicmail or even shangmail.
    07-31-11 04:56 PM
    I'm quite surprised by the harsh responses telling the TO to subscribe for a BIS plan.

Of course, to experience the full Blackberry universe there's no way round getting a BIS plan. To my opinion you can use a good amount of your Blackberry without BIS, IF - and that's the important part - you are willing and capable of fiddling around with some workarounds.

I personally do have a BIS subscription, but I know how it feels to work without BIS. In 2010 I spend 6 months in China and at that time there was no Chinese provider offering BIS! So I basically had to deal without..

And, as a start for the TO, for Email integration without BIS, one could try alternative solutions like the gmail app, logicmail or even shangmail.
    Agree many of the responses are ... Well , not to the point.

Shangmail is not good solution btw, much better is to try setting up email on blackberry device with SmartMail and get full push experience with Yuchberry.

On a side note - all provisders on theory have BIS plans but only China Mobile offers for individuals. In fact it is widely unavalable yet, as moving to CM means need to change the phone number, and on the top of that CM is not UMTS but TD-SCDMA

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-11 11:11 PM
    Thanks for the update on China Mobile and Shangmail; seems my information was slightly outdated
    08-01-11 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD