I recently acquired a used 9780. I have unlocked the phone to take my old sim card but cannot make or recieve any calls.texts ,etc.
    Is it possible that the previous service provider has locked the handset & if so can it be unlocked
    09-07-11 06:46 AM
    Is your SIM active and showing your network provider at the top of your home screen? If it is, then your phone is unlocked.

However, if you can't make/receive calls or texts, then it looks like your phone has been blocked. This usually only happens when a phone has been reported as lost or stolen.

Contact the seller... you've bought a lemon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    zog7555 likes this.
    09-07-11 06:57 AM
    I think we need some more info to help you out. Have you taken it into a carrier to set up BIS/an account? Have you set up email? If everything is set up, do you have a signal in the right hand corner (bars and the BlackBerry symbol?) If not, you can go to Advanced Options, Host Routing Table, press the BlackBerry button and hit "Register Now". Then you will want to pull out the battery, put it back in and when it boots up again see if the handset is registered with BlackBerry again. If you then begin receiving email, it should all be good. If not, you'll want to call your carrier and have them help you set up BIS/email.
    09-07-11 06:58 AM
    I recently acquired a used 9780. I have unlocked the phone to take my old sim card but cannot make or recieve any calls.texts ,etc.
    Is it possible that the previous service provider has locked the handset & if so can it be unlocked
    just tried a new orange pay as you go sim phone displays...no phone service MM6..ANY IDEAS?
    09-11-11 06:24 AM
    I believe that that error message is indicative of the device having been reported stolen and being blacklisted.
    zog7555 likes this.
    09-11-11 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD