A White screen with the words "No application linked Factory OS" is the only thing showing on the screen. My question to the experts: is this BB Bold totally garbage now? Or can the original software be easily restored?

I am looking to buy such a phone but don't want to drive half way accross town only to realize that this phone can not be fixed.
    09-24-09 06:58 AM
    the original software can be easily restored

1)install the OS in your computer
    2)delete the vendor.xml located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    3)use the loader.exe located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    4)wait until it finishes
    09-24-09 08:00 AM
    A White screen with the words "No application linked Factory OS" is the only thing showing on the screen. My question to the experts: is this BB Bold totally garbage now? Or can the original software be easily restored?

I am looking to buy such a phone but don't want to drive half way accross town only to realize that this phone can not be fixed.
    Sounds like somebody tried to unbrand it and chickened out half-way through. The OS needs to be reloaded.

Doug

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 08:02 AM
    I have the same problem . please help/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-02-13 09:29 AM
    look at the post above, that is the solution
    03-21-13 05:02 PM
    i have tried reloading the software, the bb will boot to a point and it doesn't beyond booting. what should i now do?
    07-24-14 02:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD