Just 4 or 5 more months! It will go by quickly!
    07-13-11 12:38 PM
    I would jump ship for a 9900. It would save me $ since I'm not eligible for an upgrade yet. Besides, it's been a decade or more since I last switched and it's time to see if VZW has got their **** in a group here in San Diego. Will they let the 9930 do data and voice at the same time? If not I can always go TMo. Sprint is a complete farce. It's like walking into a group home and trying to work with the inmates.
    07-13-11 12:41 PM
    I would jump ship for a 9900. It would save me $ since I'm not eligible for an upgrade yet. Besides, it's been a decade or more since I last switched and it's time to see if VZW has got their **** in a group here in San Diego. Will they let the 9930 do data and voice at the same time? If not I can always go TMo. Sprint is a complete farce. It's like walking into a group home and trying to work with the inmates.
    I hear that. I hated Verizon last time I was with them many years ago, but at&t pi$$es me off more every day, so I may just have to see how many limbs and vital organs it will cost me to switch me and the family, especially if they're going to pull a stunt like this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 03:04 PM
    I have to admit, as much as I have battled tooth and nail with ATT (SBC, cingular, ATT, in any form I have some really bad history) over the years, their cell people have been treating me well of late. I have no complaints on mobile broadband speed and coverage. Dropped calls... another story. 10 years ago VZW was hideous in every conceivable way. Brrrr... nightmarish stuff. I really don't relish the thought of going back.
    07-13-11 03:19 PM
    I hear that. I hated Verizon last time I was with them many years ago, but at&t pi$$es me off more every day, so I may just have to see how many limbs and vital organs it will cost me to switch me and the family, especially if they're going to pull a stunt like this.

What about sprint or tmo??
    07-13-11 03:28 PM
    Verizon has been awful good here in Dallas/Ft Worth, this 9650 is another story.

07-13-11 05:18 PM
    AT&T and Verizon are both great carriers and I would use either. I have been with AT&T for the last 6 years and have no complaints. People complain about their service but I would not know as I have required little service.

In fact the people in the AT&T stores seem to be even nicer than they were only a year or two ago. You are greeted promptly and there is little wait and you are out the door.

If I did leave AT&T I would head to Verizon but I have no reason to give up by BIS unlimited account
    07-13-11 05:26 PM
    wohoo! im on tmo and its scheduled to come out in August! ive been waiting waaaaay to long for this phone!
    Last edited by FMB8900; 07-13-11 at 06:09 PM.
    07-13-11 05:54 PM
    i am sorry, RIM not releasing the phone until August, September even October wouldn't stop me from getting it but AT&T not getting it at the same time as the other carriers will be enough to cause me to leave the carrier and i currently have zero complaints with them! Heres to hoping this isn't true.

07-13-11 06:00 PM
    Only if I could get the wife to part with her iPhone, which I don't see happening in this lifetime.
    07-13-11 07:24 PM
    I am sticking with AT&T, they will soon be the only GSM carrier in the US. if they don't get the 9900 until Nov, though, it is going to be hard to resist buying an iPhone 5.
    07-13-11 07:55 PM
    if your close to the canadian boarer come buy one at rogers!
    07-13-11 08:34 PM
    november?are you kidding me.thats not reasonable.at&t really hates blackberry now.i guess iphone and android mean more to them than rim.but for me,im going to get me a new phone whether its rim,apple,or android.i have waiting almost coming up on 3 and a half years.the torch 2 is slated to be released in early august,the 9900 should end of august.then comes the iphone 5 in september.thats they way at&t should release their new devices.people will already be on iphone 5's if at&t decides on november for the 9900.and believe me,the iphone 5 will be in forefront for at&t until next iphone's debut in 2012.
    07-13-11 09:05 PM
    my first 9000 and 8900 (ok both of my 9780s) were Rogers phones. got the 9000 in august (thanks to a forum member, Eric) Att released much later. will be getting a Rogers 9900 this time again it seems! Gotta love Rogers! Even if the first 9000 OS was buggy as heck, i still had one!

p.s. had to send my 9930 back to Verizon today. miss it! d.s.
    07-13-11 09:39 PM

I highly doubt Rogers will allow anyone to purchase the 9900 outright when it first launches. They did that with the 9780 and the Torch. Most Best Buy and Future Shop stores still aren't allowed to sell the 9780 and the Torch outright due to Rogers' policy. The only carrier that didn't do this when the Torch launched was Telus. Seeing how the 9900 is a highly anticipated device, Telus might follow suit. The only way to buy the 9900 when it first releases is by doing HUP or a new activation. I'm sure we'll see some on sale in the phone forums.
    07-13-11 09:48 PM
    I think you all should give at&t a good ole taste of capitalism. If all the blackberry users switch to another carrier, at&t would soon catch the drift.
    07-13-11 09:53 PM
    Makes sense if AT&T gets some type of spiff since they supposedly had a hand in designing the original Torch. The 9810 wouldn't sell nearly as well if it was competing with the 9900.
    I disagree. The 9900 and the 9810 have different targeted consumers. Plus, AT&T help design the original Torch, but most people forget that the 9000 was exclusive to AT&T too. I think it would be good customer service (and good for AT&T's bottom line) if they released the Bold 9900 the same time as all of the other carriers.

07-13-11 09:58 PM
    If it comes out for tmobile then I'm just going to buy it then unlock it. No need to switch carriers and do all that stuff

07-13-11 10:06 PM
    ATT also helped design tje 9000 and were last in releasing it...
    07-13-11 10:07 PM
    I'm on Att and it really sucks that we might have to wait this long. Ugh this phone looks like the type of phone I would keep forever. Like I said if Att doesn't have it the first day it comes out, I'm just going to buy it with NO PLAN and unlock it for 10 bucks.

07-13-11 10:11 PM
    AT&T is ridiculous.

I really, really hope the merger doesn't go through.
    07-13-11 10:36 PM
    While I really want the BB 9900 asap, I got to be honest with me: the new BB isn't coming til probably after the Iphone 5 lunches. Apple and att are pretty much still in bed at this point and for att to offer something else that is not iphone is highly unlikely (aka not money maker). There is always the option to import from Canada so we'll see.

07-14-11 01:05 AM
    AT&T is ridiculous.

I really, really hope the merger doesn't go through.
    Sorry. Maybe if they were buying some European assets. The US has the best govt $ can buy.
    07-14-11 01:44 AM
    The 9810 is more of a priority at AT&T than is the 9900.
    07-14-11 07:52 AM
    The 9810 is more of a priority at AT&T than is the 9900.
    I know they helped to develop the Torch but you would think that they would want to get the device out that more customers want and the one that will make them the most money. Maybe I'm crazy but it seems to me like there will be a large gap between sales of the 9900 and the T2. I'm sure the T2 will be nice but this seems like a mistake by att.
    07-14-11 08:20 AM
95 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD