I posted this in another thread as well but this story was posted on Berry Review and has the 9900 coming to at&t in November while it launches on the other carriers in August. I hope this ends up being a false rumor but with the 9900 not even in field testing yet with at&t I'm worried. Getting a flagship device three months after every other carrier does not make sense to me.

BlackBerry Torch 2 9810 AT&T September & T-Mobile November Launch? - BerryReview
    07-13-11 07:35 AM
    Not that I know anything, but why would AT&T delay the the launch for so long when their competitors have it released and so many eligible two year upgraders patiently waiting for the 9900 who could easily jump to another carrier. It puts them at a major disadvantage.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just saying it seems like a pretty poor business decision to wait so long before it drops. I'm a pretty satisfied AT&T customer, and it would take a lot to get me to drop AT&T, but this very well could sway me.
    07-13-11 07:51 AM
    Do not blame RIM. AT&T is the one who orders the devices. Sounds like they were late or are postponing so they can sell the iPhone 5.

They will dish up a nice new Torch 2
    07-13-11 08:01 AM
    If they have exclusivity on the torch 2 then it would explain it. Explainable, but not exactly ideal.

Between this and the whole bridge fiasco, I hope our fellow crackberrians on the death star network take this as a queue to leave them...BB users on Att can't catch a break lately.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 08:05 AM
    If they have exclusivity on the torch 2 then it would explain it. Explainable, but not exactly ideal.
    Please explain? Why would they push one device over another from the same manufacturer especially when the 9900 and Torch have an entirely different target audience.
    07-13-11 08:13 AM
    Do not blame RIM. AT&T is the one who orders the devices. Sounds like they were late or are postponing so they can sell the iPhone 5.

They will dish up a nice new Torch 2
    I agree. This is purely a carrier decision. It surprises me that (if the story is true) that they would release such an anticipated flagship device so far behind all the other carriers. Three months is crazy.
    07-13-11 08:20 AM
    Please explain? Why would they push one device over another from the same manufacturer especially when the 9900 and Torch have an entirely different target audience.
    Well.... It is att. To answer your question none sarcastically.

Being a owner of the iPhone twice over(3GS & 4) att does put a ton of emphasis on that particular device. It's practically thrown in your hands when you enter retail and corporate. "I'm looking for that new blackberry, something simple no bells and whistles." oh ok, but have you seen the iPhone?? That is their next question. Tho your question makes much sense the upper heads of att don't see it that way. Heck look at all the other decisions they have made prior to the 9900.
    07-13-11 08:25 AM
    Just rumors at this point, ANYTHING is still possible!
    07-13-11 09:03 AM
    AT&T's attitude? Check out their website, or your local brick and mortar. It's all about the iPhone and Android stuff. Not long ago I went to my local AT&T store asking if they'd heard of an ETA on the 9900. Sales rep said, "Oh no, BlackBerry's definitely back burner now. You ought'a take a look at the new Inspire, it's what everybody wants...!" "How about an iPhone...that's what most of us use...". She was trying to be helpful, but was most intent on steering me away from BlackBerry. Yep, they only had 4 on display in the entire store.
    07-13-11 09:05 AM
    If this were to be true, which no one can confirm, I would be irreversibly pissed. I thought waiting for the 9780 was bad, with all the test devices out and around, and then they never even picked it up because they were waiting on new devices. All they had was the Torch and Curve forever. Now they would be waiting even longer to make an addition to their lineup, and would continue to push Torches and Curves in the faces of people who obviously weren't interested in them the first time around. The Torch is either appealing to you or it isn't, and I don't believe in the Torch 2's ability to convince the consumer of something that the original Torch wasn't able to.

Give me the 9900, and give it to me soon. Please.
    austriker likes this.
    07-13-11 09:10 AM
    These topics are getting ridiculous !!!! If you want the phone then wait if not go to another carrier.
    07-13-11 09:16 AM
    Just rumors at this point, ANYTHING is still possible!
    I definitely hope it's a false rumor. It would really surprise me for at&t to wait so long to release this phone because it should get the quite a bit of Blackberry business.
    07-13-11 10:11 AM
    These topics are getting ridiculous !!!! If you want the phone then wait if not go to another carrier.
    hey, b nice, no need to be mean. That's why people here for, to discuss about anything they want, if you don't like, then move on and get life
    1magine, austriker and O_C_Michael like this.
    07-13-11 10:12 AM
    Makes sense if AT&T gets some type of spiff since they supposedly had a hand in designing the original Torch. The 9810 wouldn't sell nearly as well if it was competing with the 9900.
    07-13-11 10:15 AM
    Same reason why they never got the 9780.
    dabears580 and O_C_Michael like this.
    07-13-11 10:35 AM
    It would be nuts of AT&T to delay until November, surely they realize how many defections this would provoke. Their Blackberry line has been screwed up for a long time, ever since they dropped the 9700 and all you could get was a Curve or a Torch. Neither phone is very appealing. When I last tried to get a 9700 they told me they didn't sell it any more and tried to push an iPhone 4 on me. I tried to tell them why I need a Blackberry but their eyes just glazed over and they kept saying "iPhones do all that and more," despite me just having told them what an iPhone doesn't do.

AT&T staff suck - one time they tried to give me a refurbished Bold that had a green screen - when I complained, the guy told me the green was just "the reflection of your green shirt in the screen"!!!

cellinator likes this.
    07-13-11 10:41 AM
    It would be nuts of AT&T to delay until November, surely they realize how many defections this would provoke. Their Blackberry line has been screwed up for a long time, ever since they dropped the 9700 and all you could get was a Curve or a Torch. Neither phone is very appealing. When I last tried to get a 9700 they told me they didn't sell it any more and tried to push an iPhone 4 on me. I tried to tell them why I need a Blackberry but their eyes just glazed over and they kept saying "iPhones do all that and more," despite me just having told them what an iPhone doesn't do.

AT&T staff suck - one time they tried to give me a refurbished Bold that had a green screen - when I complained, the guy told me the green was just "the reflection of your green shirt in the screen"!!!

For the reasons that you yourself stated, I'm sure that most people interested in defecting already have.
    07-13-11 10:46 AM
    Pressure from Apple to make sure IT'S device is only showcased in that time frame.

It would not be the first time.
    07-13-11 10:54 AM
    AT&T's attitude? Check out their website, or your local brick and mortar. It's all about the iPhone and Android stuff. Not long ago I went to my local AT&T store asking if they'd heard of an ETA on the 9900. Sales rep said, "Oh no, BlackBerry's definitely back burner now. You ought'a take a look at the new Inspire, it's what everybody wants...!" "How about an iPhone...that's what most of us use...". She was trying to be helpful, but was most intent on steering me away from BlackBerry. Yep, they only had 4 on display in the entire store.
    AT&T like ALL carriers pushes or sells what it has. The Torch 9800 was not exactly anything to be proud of and in fact, has been a real headache for AT&T.

I also suspect they make more on the $30 smartphone plan than they do on the $30 BIS which they have to share with RIM. It is just logical
    eBud likes this.
    07-13-11 11:02 AM
    Depending on my financial situation when this phone comes out, I will be switching from ATT to another carrier for this phone. I don't want to because I have two other friends on my ATT account that make my payment very low, but I would rather pay more and not get taken advantage of from another carrier.
    07-13-11 11:06 AM
    AT&T like ALL carriers pushes or sells what it has. The Torch 9800 was not exactly anything to be proud of and in fact, has been a real headache for AT&T.

I also suspect they make more on the $30 smartphone plan than they do on the $30 BIS which they have to share with RIM. It is just logical
    I absolutely agree, not to mention AT&T salespeople actually don't get commission on phones, just on everything else. So the factors like which data plan they sign you up for would be a much bigger factor for them.
    07-13-11 11:14 AM
    I absolutely agree, not to mention AT&T salespeople actually don't get commission on phones, just on everything else. So the factors like which data plan they sign you up for would be a much bigger factor for them.
    I love your PIN!

That IS funny!
    07-13-11 11:26 AM
    Haha well thank you
    07-13-11 11:37 AM
    If this were to be true, which no one can confirm, I would be irreversibly pissed. I thought waiting for the 9780 was bad, with all the test devices out and around, and then they never even picked it up because they were waiting on new devices. All they had was the Torch and Curve forever. Now they would be waiting even longer to make an addition to their lineup, and would continue to push Torches and Curves in the faces of people who obviously weren't interested in them the first time around. The Torch is either appealing to you or it isn't, and I don't believe in the Torch 2's ability to convince the consumer of something that the original Torch wasn't able to.

Give me the 9900, and give it to me soon. Please.
    At least you got a 9780... I'v been stuck with this POS 9650 for over a year...
    07-13-11 11:48 AM
    At least you got a 9780... I'v been stuck with this POS 9650 for over a year...
    negative. I used my god forsaken 8310 until it couldn't actively function as a phone anymore, then I took a hand-me-down iPhone 3G from a family member, hoping the 9780 release was imminent. It wasn't. It never happened and I never got it. This is why I am more than frustrated with waiting for the next BB.

07-13-11 12:32 PM
95 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD