Hey everyone
    I just read an article that said mastercard and visa have officially certified blackberry for mobile NFC payments.
    Also, I read on the rogers network people can use their bb for nfc payments. (I can find the link if interested).

Any ideas if this will be coming to att? I know its a long shot but still. This hasn't been talked about in awhile so I figured I would bring it up again.
    21stNow likes this.
    03-22-13 12:25 PM
    they did some time ago - but no news yet.

In the UK we even had BB NFC payment add's on TV but they have all vanished and I've never heard a thing again...
    03-22-13 01:48 PM
    Thanks for starting the thread edition. I was wondering about this myself.
    03-22-13 01:54 PM
    Here's the article, from this past February...

Secure Mobile Payments Using Near Field Communication and BlackBerry Smartphones Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog

Makes me feel like something is coming...if OS7 isn't forgotten about again...
    03-22-13 11:06 PM
    As I understand it, the certification is more of an enabler to developers than of any immediate significance to the end users. It means that now, developers can write 'wallet' applications which will work with nfc transactions for those card vendors. The Wallet applications AS FAR AS THE UK are concerned have yet to be written for the most part - one also has to question with BBOS7 being 'yesterdays news' in the face of BB10 whether or not such applications will ever be written now. Fingers crossed though!
    03-24-13 08:50 AM