for all those people going on about what NFC can be used for, if your coming to London bring your Bold 9900 with you

According to Phones4u the London museum has teamed up with Nokia to bring NFC to its exhibits (and discounts in its cafe) for more info follow link bellow

Learning Curve: Nokia Brings NFC To London Museum | Phones4u News & Community
    08-15-11 02:25 PM
    it also being put in selected mcdonalds stores around the uk!
    08-15-11 04:03 PM
    it also being put in selected mcdonalds stores around the uk!
    I doubt there's a McD left that doesnt have it in place, don't forget many credit cards already have NFC built in.
    08-15-11 04:55 PM
    This might be a dumb question, not sure.. But will NFC work out of the box? (Assuming the carrier has it enabled of course).

Will I be able to copy my ID badge and use that to swipe in at work? Just curious. I'm not even sure if NFC can do that, but from the little I've read about it, it can.
    Last edited by xACiD; 08-15-11 at 05:55 PM.
    08-15-11 05:52 PM
    This might be a dumb question, not sure.. But will NFC work out of the box? (Assuming the carrier has it enabled of course).

Will I be able to copy my ID badge and use that to swipe in at work? Just curious. I'm not even sure if NFC can do that, but from the little I've read about it, it can.
    It will, right now though you are limited to reading tags and other NFC enabled devices. You will not be able to do much else until software fills the gap. If you want to, try enabling NFC on your device and try bumping an NFC tag on the back of your phone. As for reading and interacting? Hmmmm, not far off, (Google ISIS if you like, and live in the US, or Canada)
    08-15-11 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD