Here's the link:

New BlackBerry ups resolution - CNN.com

at&t is going to be the exclusive carrier.
    05-12-08 01:06 PM
    They RIM has made a "Bold" statement. Only time will tell, if it was Bold enough to Berry (bury) the iPhone.
    05-12-08 01:13 PM
    So maybe I will stick to AT&T...I still dont see why BlackBerries get compared to iPhones though.
    05-12-08 01:26 PM
    Lol figures AT&T gets it "exclusively". At least I can get one and unlock it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-08 01:55 PM
    From the article:

"Waterloo, Ontario-based RIM didn't announce a price for the Bold, nor agreements with specific carriers. It said the phone would be available from various carriers this summer.

AT&T is the only U.S. operator with a cellular broadband network compatible with the initial Bold model. Later versions could work on the Sprint Nextel Corp. and Verizon Wireless networks, according to RIM co-chief executive Mike Lazaridis."

It looks to me like AT&T is just being as shady as ever with their marketing. They're getting it first, and since T-Mobile's 3G network is in it's infancy, it's now 'exclusive'. I'm willing bet T-Mobile will get the EDGE-only version anyway (low-budget Niagra), just like there's already that EV-DO version in the works (Javelin).

Exclusive my *** AT&T. We do pay some pretty good marketing people, though, I guess lol
    05-12-08 02:00 PM
    Lol figures AT&T gets it "exclusively". At least I can get one and unlock it.

Too bad its easy to unlock berries. Some kid unlocked an iPhone and he got a 350Z and 4 more iPhones or something for it.
    05-12-08 02:59 PM
    I hate AT&T. Damn that really blows. It should only cost 300 to 400 from what Reuters said RIM's BlackBerry Bold aims at business users - Yahoo! News.
    05-12-08 04:08 PM
    I hate AT&T too but I think my curve is fine until it hit TMo
    05-15-08 11:45 PM
    Nice link.
    05-19-08 06:31 PM
    gotta looooove at&t. i'll be trying my hardest to get it the day it comes out.
    05-19-08 06:52 PM
    So maybe I will stick to AT&T...I still dont see why BlackBerries get compared to iPhones though.
    Still wondering the same thing when I see these BB vs. iPhone threads/debates.

Why buy it and unlock it? It won't work on your 3g network. Lol. Wait and save, especially if you dislike at&t so much. Powering on the device will show you the beautiful GLOBE and not a Pink T... hehe.
    05-19-08 07:33 PM
    It will be interesting to see when the Bold will hit the market and how much of an impact.
    05-19-08 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD