Quick follow-up. As everyone has attested even the newest QuickPull doesn't perform the scheduled reset without manually answering a prompt. Oh well off to archive with it then.
    New version of quicklaunch has the reset feature built in. I'm running that combo without issue.

Just a thought?
    03-10-10 12:55 PM
    It's already built in. No need to install it separately.
    I just upgraded and the gmail enhanced plugin works for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 02:12 PM
    the sarcasm is not appreciated tellsells
    I was just pointing out how redundant some threads have become (with the same comment being posted again and again and again) which makes them difficult and long to go through to find an answer to someone's problems.

However, I am truly sorry if my sarcasm offended you.
    03-10-10 05:19 PM
    Yep wiped like I always do. Seems there are a couple of people having the same problems. There is also a thread about low or invalid ring-tones here and on other sites. Also seems the choppy calls is when some one calls not when making a call. There is a thread or a response about that here also. I think it is in this thread.

Funny, but I have had the choppy call syndrome more on outgoing calls than incoming. I had it the other night on one incoming call, every other time has been outgoing. Probably going to try and upgrade to Willyboy's new hybrid, see how that goes, looks great from the reviews so far.
    03-10-10 06:07 PM
    I'm finding the battery life to be WAY better with this version over the last, 464 or whatever it was. I'm getting at least 50% more efficiency.
    Also, with 464 a battery pull would drain the battery at least 20% - with this version there is no such loss!

However to counteract the battery life gain, I'm finding that the applications don't run quite as lightning fast as before, maybe 80% as well. Still quite good, and memory has improved as well - I have 35 Mgb after a batt pull.

Finally, the major problem with this build for me has been the GPS. It loads extremely slowly, if it does at all. Poynt can never load my current GPS location for some reason.
    Anyone else experiencing this?
    03-10-10 06:30 PM
    I've got the leaked version of this 509 installed, and just found out that I've got that bluetooth bug with the media player (when I listen to music on my Motorola SD9 bluetooth headset and advance to the next song, I get silence. When I advance again, music returns).

Does the official OS version of 509 have that problem?
    03-10-10 10:27 PM
    I just tried everything to update my OS and it just doesn't work. DM is configured properly, i did everything as described in the "How to guarantee that DM doesn't block your unofficial OS updates" topic (i can post links yet).

I have an unlocked phone (MFI multiloader), could that be causing problems? Also, i don't have BIS or BES (my carrier doesn't support it).

I'm running out of stuff to try, seriously...

Any help?

PS: Do you have to turn of mass storage option? Mass storage didn't work for me so i used that fix from pinstack forums...
    And i'm still running v4.6
    03-11-10 07:07 AM
    Finally, the major problem with this build for me has been the GPS. It loads extremely slowly, if it does at all. Poynt can never load my current GPS location for some reason.
    Anyone else experiencing this?
    I don't use Poynt anymore but with Google Maps I get a GPS lock (when outside of course) in an average of about 5 seconds. Plenty fast for me.
    03-11-10 09:27 AM
    I don't use Poynt anymore but with Google Maps I get a GPS lock (when outside of course) in an average of about 5 seconds. Plenty fast for me.
    i agree.
    i use both poynt and google maps, gps lock is very fast in this build too.
    even getting the weather with bbweather using @gps is fast.

but note, i am comparing this with my previous OS .297
    03-11-10 11:05 AM
    Just downloaded OS .509 last night (from OS 4.6)......works nicely!!

I do need help locating themes for the new OS 5, also has anyone been having problems after the bb reboots when popping the battery out (which btw is much faster than before) going to the menu screen, the background is blank....just white, but still shows the icons.

Weird?!
    03-11-10 11:09 AM

I do need help locating themes for the new OS 5, also has anyone been having problems after the bb reboots when popping the battery out (which btw is much faster than before) going to the menu screen, the background is blank....just white, but still shows the icons.

Weird?!
    I'm using the same theme I used on 4.6 and it seems to work fine on 5.0 - thankfully - because I am not sure there's an alternative.

Hulksters Bold Themes

I am using the 10 icon L theme with 7x today calendar
    03-11-10 11:25 AM

Weird?!
    Try this theme. It's free and has great transitions on 5.0:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f130/fr...9000-a-429357/
    03-11-10 11:34 AM
    Ok. So I just perform the upgrade from .464 to .509. The whole process took about 24 minutes, including the backup and restore. Absolutely painless!

All apps are working properly: Faebook, AP News, Time, Bloomberg, TeleNav,Pandora, Yahoo Finance, TWC, Google apps, Bolt, BBGPSGolf, and Golf distance.

Boot time is a a LOT faster. Went from 5.5 minutes to 3 minutes. If anything, I'm happy for that.

Made a couple of calls and actually experience better quality that before. Could be where I am. I'm very close to AT&Ts major cell tower here is the San Francisco.

GPS looks faster. Browsing, the verdict is still out. Starting to see the same type of drain on the battery. I carry two batteries with me so that doesn't bother me.

So far so good.
    03-11-10 11:51 AM
    I went from the Bell OS 5 to this and it is SO much nicer! VVM works, threaded SMS works, the browser is super quick and I have so much more memory and battery life. I used to hover around 20 all day, now I restart with 35 and usually stay around 30 all day.

Haven't noticed any call choppiness as reported, but I only use my phone to talk on a couple times a day. No other issues to report with this one, love it!
    03-11-10 12:16 PM
    I just tried everything to update my OS and it just doesn't work. DM is configured properly, i did everything as described in the "How to guarantee that DM doesn't block your unofficial OS updates" topic (i can post links yet).

I have an unlocked phone (MFI multiloader), could that be causing problems? Also, i don't have BIS or BES (my carrier doesn't support it).

I'm running out of stuff to try, seriously...

Any help?

PS: Do you have to turn of mass storage option? Mass storage didn't work for me so i used that fix from pinstack forums...
    And i'm still running v4.6
    Any help guys, i would REALLY appreciate it.
    03-11-10 12:20 PM
    Is anyone getting feedback on their phone in speakerphone mode? As a test, call your voicemail with the speakerphone on, and then hover your hand over the earpiece and see if it happens.

Why is the mic so damn sensitive while in speakerphone mode???
    I NOW HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.

Yesterday I did a full low level wipe, then upgraded from 5.0.0.411 to 5.0.0.509 and now for some reason(?) when I turn on my speakerphone when I make or receive a call a loud shrill sound happens.
    Has anyone responded to you on how to correct this problem?
    03-11-10 02:04 PM
    Nvm, i got answers i needed. You need BIS/BES to upgrade the OS, without it you can't do sh*t.
    03-11-10 02:49 PM
    I installed OS 5.0 2 days ago and i am really satisfied with the functionality. It's pretty fast and my app memory ist allways arround 30MB. After battery pull it's 36,8MB. I don't have any issues with this OS so far. I can only recommend this OS to all of you.
    03-11-10 04:08 PM
    Check this problem out that I am having. I linked it hope to get an answer here

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=4817775

03-11-10 07:52 PM
    I've been over at the DataViz forums trying to resolve this loss of Docs To Go icons in .509 quoted below. Chris from the DataViz team gave me this link: DocID: 14430 - The icons for Word To Go, Sheet To Go, and Slideshow To Go are generic after updating Documents To Go for BlackBerry. None of the solution options do the trick. This final note at the bottom appears to be the issue: "NOTE: This problem may happen when using BlackBerry OS 5.0 on your device, because RIM/BlackBerry has not yet updated the theme to include new Documents To Go icons."
    If this really is the issue, I would hope it will be resolved once identified by RIM. Maybe Wind Hellas is not so picky about icon optics. Oh well, at least the apps work. Only I need to know that the phone harbors this icon blemish. (yes, I can be a bit type A about such matters;)

Now for my 509 issue...I run the limited edition of Docs To Go 2.0001.016. Upon reloading after upgrade from 4.6.0.266 to 509, the word, excel and powerpoint emulators work fine bu the icons have disappeared and are replaced with stock BB icons. Anyone know how I can get them back?
    03-11-10 08:20 PM
    Also, with 464 a battery pull would drain the battery at least 20% - with this version there is no such loss!
    Interesting... I am still having this 'issue'

03-11-10 10:50 PM
    Interesting... I am still having this 'issue'

As do I, seems to get worse the longer it goes.
    03-11-10 11:25 PM
    As do I, seems to get worse the longer it goes.
    My battery does not drop after a reboot - maybe 5% if it's already drained a bit below its current level, but not enough to push it down.
    03-12-10 08:28 AM
    I've got the leaked version of this 509 installed, and just found out that I've got that bluetooth bug with the media player (when I listen to music on my Motorola SD9 bluetooth headset and advance to the next song, I get silence. When I advance again, music returns). Does the official OS version of 509 have that problem?
    Scrybe, I have the official Wind HELLAS 509 OS and I have the same problem you described above with my bluetooth headphones (Altec Lansing Backbeat). In addition, the problem also occurs while my bluetooth headphones are connected yet not activated (e.g., when I'm playing the music through the speakerphone).

Also, at first, when I tried to lower volume or raise volume, the media player advances to the next or previous track respectively. [EDIT] I have now realized that if the "cursor" is on the play/advance section of the media player, when volume is pressed, whether on the handset itself or via bluetooth, the resulting function will advance to the next or previous track. If you move the cursor to the image or even the scrolling play bar, then only volume will be toggled. Perhaps this will affect the silence issue as well? So far it seems to -- but in doing so, I discovered another bug -- apparently, the media player will play two songs at once! While you can stop one song, you can't stop the other. Interesting.

All in all, battery life seems improved, the browser is noticeably faster, the sms, bbm, and other message threading is great, the app updater is cool, the facebook bug is gone, app listings in settings grouped by third party, add-on, and core, and the redesigned UI for the media player is a big upgrade.

Extremely Minor Con: random sound effects for when the phone is plugged in, to when the battery is fully charged, to other ish I haven't even figured out. I would like to turn off most of these sounds but won't commit much time to figuring it out.

My upgrade went smoothly under VMWare except I had to load all my backed up data to the phone after the upgrade.

Finally, as an FYI, I upgraded from the last official AT&T OS and this is my first time using OS 5.
    Last edited by Ashyford; 03-12-10 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Figured out one problem.
    03-12-10 11:10 AM
    I NOW HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.

Yesterday I did a full low level wipe, then upgraded from 5.0.0.411 to 5.0.0.509 and now for some reason(?) when I turn on my speakerphone when I make or receive a call a loud shrill sound happens.
    Has anyone responded to you on how to correct this problem?
    I haven't seen no one respond to this problem & I hope someone figures it out. I have the same problem also. I guess a lot of people don't use their speakerphone & haven't even tested to see if they do have a problem. If you figure something out PLEASE let me know & I ask that others please check your BB out to see if you have this problem also. THANKS
    03-12-10 01:42 PM
428 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD