Good Morning to all!!

I have a small dilemma, does anyone know how to get those small red mail indicators back? For example, I have three email accounts and have three envelopes on my BB screen. I used to be able to tell which one had the email in it, due to the RED asterisk, now I no longer have that??

Thanks,
    Arlene
    03-08-10 08:25 AM
    everything is fine, but I'm hating the choppiness in calls (it's annoying) I they can hear me clearly but their voice keeps cutting as if they r calling from **** or something... is there any way to fix this??
    It seems to be a minor problem with this OS - I find that hitting $ to go to speakerphone then again to go back to handset fixes it temporarily.

-You can now merge the other message folders to the big one. (SMS folder still shows, however with the setting enabled, you can hide SMS and use one Message folder for everything)
    In 4.6 I could always hide my SMS/MMS folder and my email address folder and get all of them in the combined messages folder. Unless I am not interpreting you correctly this is not new.
    03-08-10 08:39 AM
    Good Morning to all!!

I have a small dilemma, does anyone know how to get those small red mail indicators back? For example, I have three email accounts and have three envelopes on my BB screen. I used to be able to tell which one had the email in it, due to the RED asterisk, now I no longer have that??

Thanks,
    Arlene
    are you using a standard theme, or a custom one? if custom, try the original theme and see what happens. i have multiple email accounts as well and the red indicators work just fine. they are all inside a folder, and now even the folder gets the red indicator...
    03-08-10 09:08 AM
    I dont understand what I am doing wrong. I installed .509 and now my internet doesnt work. It times out and tells me it cannot connect. Thoughts? I have done numerous battery pulls and it still doesnt work.
    Last edited by Rumur; 03-08-10 at 11:03 AM.
    03-08-10 10:57 AM
    are you using a standard theme, or a custom one? if custom, try the original theme and see what happens. i have multiple email accounts as well and the red indicators work just fine. they are all inside a folder, and now even the folder gets the red indicator...
    I'm using a standard one It is such a pain in the a** to have to open each envelope to see which one has the email

Update>>>> When I changed my theme with this update, it also changed my email notification settings!! So, if you ever have any problems with the asterisk, go here>>>>Message, menu, options, general options,
    New message indicator, yes! (courtesy of Rachel0179)

Arlene
    Last edited by aming63; 03-08-10 at 01:20 PM.
    03-08-10 12:22 PM
    everything is fine, but I'm hating the choppiness in calls (it's annoying) I they can hear me clearly but their voice keeps cutting as if they r calling from **** or something... is there any way to fix this??
    No -- it's been around for the last several 5.0 versions. I just get it from time to time, but it is annoying. Not much else to do but tell the person you have a bad connection and that you'll have to hang up and call them right back.
    03-08-10 03:10 PM
    I dont understand what I am doing wrong. I installed .509 and now my internet doesnt work. It times out and tells me it cannot connect. Thoughts? I have done numerous battery pulls and it still doesnt work.
    Try contacting your service provider and have the service books resent.
    03-08-10 03:15 PM
    Just updated from .464 and I must say; it is definitely the best OS I ever had on my BB.

Even managed to do the update from desktop manager so I didn't lose my messages and I only had to re-activate Berryweather and Quicklaunch. And then re-install my theme when I got Home. All other apps and settings stayed

Better:
    -Memory (I actually experienced an increase of free mem during the day!)
    -standby feature (Press A, also on .464 but it blacks out the screen immediately)
    -browser is faster.
    -the standard Precision theme is beautiful

Bad:
    -I still miss an option to show date in alternative ways like Monday 8th of March 2010 or 8/3-2010 (Especially for the today preview)
    -Also I still miss a data counter to keep track of that data consumption.

Mio

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-10 03:21 PM
    You probably didn't do anything wrong. Data is down and the only way it'll work is if you connect to WiFi
    03-08-10 04:19 PM
    After upgrading my "Groups" calendar seems to have taken over, I've tried everything to get rid of it: delete bbm, connecting to DM and erasing Calendar - All. It doesn't show up in service books, nor default services.
    It messed up my Google Sync with BB calendar, it syncs to "Groups" even if all defaults to my other calendar...weird, my BB seems to have some identity issues with calendars...

When i add events now i have to select my gmail calendar everytime because it defaults to "Groups"....somewhat annoying.
    03-08-10 04:40 PM
    Just installed today. Came from .238. Was having big memory problems on previous install. I did a JL commander full wipe and install. Everything looks good so far and I seem to have more memory hovering around 25 meg free.

03-08-10 05:21 PM
    No -- it's been around for the last several 5.0 versions. I just get it from time to time, but it is annoying. Not much else to do but tell the person you have a bad connection and that you'll have to hang up and call them right back.
    I know that prior to this 464 also had problems with the radio signal and was advised to swap the radio from 238...if I remember correctly, I believe it was 238. Did this awhile ago so you need to go back and read up on 464 on which OS to swap out the radio files for. After doing so my phone call quality is fine. I did have the same choppy phone call problem as well with 464.
    03-08-10 05:40 PM
    I upgraded yesterday from the latest ATT version and everything was going well until tonight. An alert came up on my phone saying I have to delete something bc my memory is too low. Then The phone just went black and then I opened to in app loader and it said insufficient memory when i tried to delete stuff. What should I do?
    03-08-10 07:02 PM
    I upgraded yesterday from the latest ATT version and everything was going well until tonight. An alert came up on my phone saying I have to delete something bc my memory is too low. Then The phone just went black and then I opened to in app loader and it said insufficient memory when i tried to delete stuff. What should I do?
    Re-boot the phone by pulling the battery.
    Then make sure all apps are closed properly
    03-08-10 07:29 PM
    I updated my bold to this last night, and ever since then I've been unable to access my emails, or use applications developed by RIM that require internet connection. When ever I try to use them, a message pops up saying that I should get a service plan that will allow me to use them, even though I still have the same internet plan I had prior. I still have internet on my phone, can connect to 3G, and make calls/texts. Do my problems stem from the update or something with my company? I have AT&T by the way
    03-08-10 08:09 PM
    Hi all,

I have been running 5.0 .464 version - just installed .509 - with .464 (and earlier 5.0s) the mute button would put the device in standby mode. Now, the mute button performs keyboard lock, which I believe IS NOT the same as standby.

Does anyone know with .509 how to put the phone in standby mode?
    03-08-10 09:55 PM
    I updated my bold to this last night, and ever since then I've been unable to access my emails, or use applications developed by RIM that require internet connection. When ever I try to use them, a message pops up saying that I should get a service plan that will allow me to use them, even though I still have the same internet plan I had prior. I still have internet on my phone, can connect to 3G, and make calls/texts. Do my problems stem from the update or something with my company? I have AT&T by the way
    Not an expert here yet, but since it's been a few hours an no one has posted back, I'll give this a shot. Is it possible when you loaded the new OS you didn't delete the vendor file? I'm thinking that maybe if you didn't, the phone is looking to connect to a network that is not At&t, and that may be screwing you up. Anyone feel free to correct me as necessary
    03-08-10 10:55 PM
    Yeah, except like this afternoon when I finally got a tech after 20 min on hold, not so much with the call back option. Though as jefferii posted earlier, switching back and forth to speaker for a second takes care of it--at least for a while. I went all weekend without a "flicker" sound call, then had one this afternoon, to get around I just switched to a BT headset. After reading that post earlier, I was on the phone with someone this evening for about an hour, and the choppiness happened three times, switching to speaker and back fixed it each time. Looking into Willyboy's hybrid, looks good in the thread I'm following, and has the phone problem taken care of.
    03-08-10 11:35 PM
    Does anyone know how to stop "My Number" from showing on the screen when placing a call? I've tried Phone Options > General Options > Show "My Number" > No. It still shows my number.
    03-09-10 12:54 AM
    Does anyone know how to stop "My Number" from showing on the screen when placing a call? I've tried Phone Options > General Options > Show "My Number" > No. It still shows my number.
    I don't think there is a way to do that.
    03-09-10 02:00 AM
    You won't have any apps open after you reboot, so there won't be any to close as previously suggested. You may well be carrying a ton (i.e., 30 days) worth of email, SMS, and other messages. Delete them -- that can free up up to 10 MB or so. Get rid of any apps you don't or rarely use, even the stock BB games.

03-09-10 04:16 AM
    I don't think there is a way to do that.
    You need to go to "General Options" when "trying to place a call", then you scroll down to show "my number".....

Did you click "save" when exiting???
    Last edited by Sonic300; 03-09-10 at 04:22 AM.
    03-09-10 04:20 AM
    You need to go to "General Options" when "trying to place a call", then you scroll down to show "my number".....

Did you click "save" when exiting???
    Yes. I clicked save. I even did a battery pull. Still showing "My Number".
    03-09-10 05:29 AM
    You won't have any apps open after you reboot, so there won't be any to close as previously suggested. You may well be carrying a ton (i.e., 30 days) worth of email, SMS, and other messages. Delete them -- that can free up up to 10 MB or so. Get rid of any apps you don't or rarely use, even the stock BB games.

I will try that. How come I never had such a memory drop on my old os ?when I rebooted I started at 29mb then an hour later it was 18mb. Also I noticed a couple weird bugs. When I woke up my clock said 2am then when I clicked around it updated to the right time. Also my bbm and emails arented coming through completly but I am assuming that is a service outage. When I ran a diagnostic it says no to blackberry pin-pin. What does that mean ? Thanks for your help.

Last edited by jps1012; 03-09-10 at 06:35 AM.
    03-09-10 06:33 AM
    From home screen press the green call button
    Menu
    options
    general options
    scrool down to "shw my number"
    select "no" and
    save
    03-09-10 07:05 AM
428 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD