The same problem here but its not just the otterbox case. Its any case and at times also if i hold the phone near the camera at the back the sound comes again. I don't think it has anything to do with the 5.0 version as i am still on 4.6.0.304 and am facing this problem. I have tried changing the back cover and the body of the phone too but with no luck. I hope a solution to this problem is found soon. I use the speaker phone very often and this is very annoying.
    will keep checking here to see if anyone else has had more luck.
    When I was Using an older build of 5.0 I was not having problems cant remember wichone it was but that one was fine
    04-07-10 02:10 AM
    I find browsing faster..only prob i find is that my battery life is shorter
    04-07-10 04:20 PM
    Are you saying you don't have a copy on your BB or in your gmail inbox on line?
    On my blackberry.
    04-07-10 04:50 PM
    I have a question. When I reboot I only get about 30 mb. When I was using 4.6 I would reboot to about 43mb. Does anyone know why? I still have the same apps. How can I get more memory. And after about 2 days im down to about 13 mb. Does this seem normal? Please help. Thank you. I keep all my emails and messages deleted and dont have anything running in the backround except the normal stuff. No apps.
    04-07-10 04:54 PM
    I have a question. When I reboot I only get about 30 mb. When I was using 4.6 I would reboot to about 43mb. Does anyone know why? I still have the same apps. How can I get more memory. And after about 2 days im down to about 13 mb. Does this seem normal? Please help. Thank you. I keep all my emails and messages deleted and dont have anything running in the backround except the normal stuff. No apps.
    That's normal on 5.0. I have to re-boot every second or third day too.
    But besides that, 5.0.0.509 works pretty darn well.
    04-07-10 06:01 PM
    Can someone post another rapid share link. All previous have been out dl'd. Thanks in advance

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 06:57 PM
    That's normal on 5.0. I have to re-boot every second or third day too.
    But besides that, 5.0.0.509 works pretty darn well.
    This depends on how many leaky programs you have on your device.

I ran .509 for 3 weeks without rebooting...and then I upgraded to .592 and I've been without a reboot for over 5 days...still at 25MB free.

5.0 is bigger than 4.6...and that increase in size equates to a decrease in free memory. Plain and simple.

My fresh install of .592 (no apps, crackmem used to remove unwanted stuff) gave me 49MB free. After installing everything I wanted I am now rebooting with 41MB free. The first day or so it drops about 8-10MB and then steadies...very slow decline after that.

For comparison, these are the apps I run:

BerryBuzz
    Hulkster's 10 icons L style, 7x calendar today section theme
    FileScout
    FlashOn
    Gmail
    Google Maps
    Google Mobile App
    Shazam
    CaptureIt
    AIM
    BBM 5.0.0.66
    BB App World
    04-07-10 08:49 PM
    Help with SMS please...

bump
    ... anyone?

I've done a battery pull and resent service books but still nothing coming through...
    Had the same issue at one point, it was a SB's issue, i fixed it for me by doing a BP then sending the service books and then putting the batt in after sending the service books. Also had a client with the same issue and they sent the service books then did a BP right away.
    04-08-10 01:44 PM
    I just tried that but was unsuccessful as well. There was no "vendor.xml; there was just "vendor" which I deleted.
    I opened Desktop Manager>Application Loader>Update Software>It then listed available updates including: BB 5.0 for 9000 but it had an asterisk (only active BB service subscribers are entitled to install this software). The other options listed were 4.6.0.304 (preferred), 4.6.0.297 (current) and 4.6.167 (downgrade). I hit next after checking 5.0 and it then said no software uipdate is required.
    Again, I am on Vista-64 bit if anyone could figure out what I have done wrong.
    i have mutltiple PC's ranging from Windows/Server 2000 to XP, to Vista 64 and 32 and Windows 7 64, no issues, ever since upgrading the DM from 4.6 BXX i always use the AppLoader instaed of going through the DM, AppLoader is located under C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader the run Loader.exe
    04-08-10 01:57 PM
    it seems to me like that function is gone. this is my first update into 5.0 and the shortcut "k" to lock is also gone. you have to hit the mute button now. I cannot even find the lock icon...
    this lock instead of standby is not a glitch, its a new feature, unless you set a password it will always put the BB on standby instead of lock, quick fix, setup a password.
    04-08-10 02:00 PM
    try using A buddy...
    read my post above
    04-08-10 02:05 PM
    Can someone advise how i can get the cantonese language pack for this os??
    04-08-10 07:21 PM
    I will say that this os has the fastest boot time of any os on any bb i've ever used.
    04-08-10 10:13 PM
    How do I delete the vendor file? And where?
    04-09-10 11:26 AM
    OK I don't know if I installed it right, I never got any message saying I was registered with the network, all I got is the message in Desktop Manager telling me the OS was succesfully installed, and now my OS is 4.6 or w/e... This is aggravating me man. Help?
    04-09-10 12:07 PM
    OK I don't know if I installed it right, I never got any message saying I was registered with the network, all I got is the message in Desktop Manager telling me the OS was succesfully installed, and now my OS is 4.6 or w/e... This is aggravating me man. Help?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/pro...ocedure-53359/

You should know this procedure well before upgrading your device.
    04-09-10 12:45 PM
    Is it more stable than .464?

I have been getting some strange behavior ever since I jumped from 4.6 to 5.0, but the new features have been so good I don't want to go back. I love the new threaded texts!
    04-09-10 10:42 PM
    Is it more stable than .464?

I have been getting some strange behavior ever since I jumped from 4.6 to 5.0, but the new features have been so good I don't want to go back. I love the new threaded texts!
    .509 was widely considered the best 5.0 build for the 9000...and .592 is even better. Both are quite stable.
    04-10-10 09:58 AM
    .509 was widely considered the best 5.0 build for the 9000...and .592 is even better. Both are quite stable.
    I'm getting HUGE memory leaks with .592. Go from 23 MB free to 1.1 MB free in a couple hours. Never happened on 4.6.0.297. What gives? I am not running many apps, but I can't delete BB Messenger.
    04-10-10 04:44 PM
    I'm getting HUGE memory leaks with .592. Go from 23 MB free to 1.1 MB free in a couple hours. Never happened on 4.6.0.297. What gives? I am not running many apps, but I can't delete BB Messenger.
    What apps are you running? Are you using a stock OS theme? Why would you want to delete BBM? You should be able to delete it from Options, Applications, Add-on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-10 04:51 PM
    Head over to this thread to discuss .592:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/off...ercell-451040/

As you can see from my screenshots there I had no problem whatsoever lasting a week before rebooting at 24MB free in order to upgrade Google Maps. 27 hours later and I'm stable at 31MB free.

It must be something you have installed...or perhaps you didn't do a clean wipe before installing 5.0? I'm not sure if it matters but I also chose not to restore my settings when going from 4.6 to 5.0...I only restored calendar and contacts and redid all the settings from scratch. I'd look at installed apps first...especially themes as the poster above mentions.

To repeat my installed apps:

BerryBuzz
    Hulkster's 10 icons L style, 7x calendar today section theme
    FileScout
    FlashOn
    Gmail
    Google Maps
    Google Mobile App
    Shazam (not working)
    CaptureIt
    AIM
    BBM 5.0.0.66
    BB App World
    Last edited by jeffreii; 04-10-10 at 06:10 PM.
    04-10-10 05:08 PM
    Actually, .592 has just gone official:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/off...ercell-451040/
    04-10-10 06:10 PM
    I didn't wipe my device first. I will try that and see if it works. I have everything backed up.

Also, BBM is listed as core software, not an add-on, so I can't delete it.
    04-11-10 09:33 AM
    I didn't wipe my device first. I will try that and see if it works. I have everything backed up.

Also, BBM is listed as core software, not an add-on, so I can't delete it.
    If you want to delete BBM you'll have to install the latest BBM on top of the one that comes with the OS as a "core" app. Once you do that it will turn into an add-on and be delete-able.
    04-11-10 10:14 AM
    If you want to delete BBM you'll have to install the latest BBM on top of the one that comes with the OS as a "core" app. Once you do that it will turn into an add-on and be delete-able.
    Can't do that. When I try to do so with DM, it tells me that I should update BBM, but then tells me that it's older than what's on my phone and won't update it.

I wiped the device, rolled back to 4.6, then updated to the official 592 through Azercell. That seemed to fix the memory problem. I started at 30 MB and I am at 23 MB free after a few hours. Much better than the leaked 592.
    04-11-10 09:42 PM
428 ... 15161718
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD