Hi.

I have just loaded on 509 and all seems to be working ok except for a few things.

Is it possible to turn threaded SMS off?

When using the browser the GoTo option is now gone, so I do not know how to manually type addresses in?

Thanks
    03-12-10 02:16 PM
    I have noticed that sometimes, not all the time, that when I use my speakerphone and I am moving it around, I get the screaching noise. But if I keep it steady or just on my desk in front of me, then it's fine. It seems that with me, only when I move my phone around, I get that noise that sounds like bringing a mic to a speaker...
    03-12-10 02:39 PM
    A guy at DataViz reset my download counter. Once I reinstalled Docs To Go, the icon issue was resolved so icons are in OS5 they just need to be refound.

I've been over at the DataViz forums trying to resolve this loss of Docs To Go icons in .509 quoted below. Chris from the DataViz team gave me this link: DocID: 14430 - The icons for Word To Go, Sheet To Go, and Slideshow To Go are generic after updating Documents To Go for BlackBerry. None of the solution options do the trick. This final note at the bottom appears to be the issue: "NOTE: This problem may happen when using BlackBerry OS 5.0 on your device, because RIM/BlackBerry has not yet updated the theme to include new Documents To Go icons."
    If this really is the issue, I would hope it will be resolved once identified by RIM. Maybe Wind Hellas is not so picky about icon optics. Oh well, at least the apps work. Only I need to know that the phone harbors this icon blemish. (yes, I can be a bit type A about such matters
    03-12-10 04:03 PM
    I haven't seen no one respond to this problem & I hope someone figures it out. I have the same problem also. I guess a lot of people don't use their speakerphone & haven't even tested to see if they do have a problem. If you figure something out PLEASE let me know & I ask that others please check your BB out to see if you have this problem also. THANKS
    word...
    same issue here...
    but when i plug in my headset speaker function works like a charm...

i read some ppl opened their device and moved some of the components around a bit then closed it back up... not sure if that's da trick but i wouldnt try that...

i also read that some ppl are using a "hybrid" with OS 509 and da radio from 464 [which by da way was flawless]...

i might give this "hybrid" technique a shot... or just wait for da next leak since da radio/bluetooth issue will surely be solved then...

paz....!
    03-12-10 06:09 PM
    kept getting 507 error when trying to install this, had to go back to the 4.6 :{
    03-13-10 02:23 AM
    Just upgraded to 5.x.x.x.x (the latest one) few days ago... started getting weird problems with radio/reception in places the phone worked fine on 4.6.x.x.x -- it displays SOS in some places where 3g coverage isnt that good -- I have it set at 2G & 3G in options ..

Also having issues with the radio, it provides echo sometimes, and kind of bad reception at times

I am going back to 4.6.x.x.x for now
    03-13-10 05:10 AM
    Has anyone installed this OS upgrade on an AT&T Blackberry Bold 9000? Is it even possible? Is anything bad going to happen?

Greg
    03-13-10 01:23 PM
    I just upgraded from 4.6 OS...
    one thing I noticed that I have to navigate Opera Mini using Left and Right Convenience Key and Enter Button
    Trackball and BB Menu Key doesn't work like it used to be on 4.6 OS
    03-13-10 02:02 PM
    hmm, i can't even upgrade my os properly.
    03-13-10 02:36 PM
    Has anyone installed this OS upgrade on an AT&T Blackberry Bold 9000? Is it even possible? Is anything bad going to happen?

Greg
    Yes, I have done this as well as many others. If you delete the vendor.xml file then the os becomes carrier independent and works just fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-10 05:46 PM
    I downloaded the new OS 5.0.0.509 for the Blackberry Bold from WIND Hellas, and after downloading and installing the OS, i go to my blackberry desktop manager and open the loader. I do the START the update thing, but the only versions that show up are 4.6 and the ones before that. Can anybody help me? Is there something i left out to do? Please Help me !
    03-13-10 08:00 PM
    I downloaded the new OS 5.0.0.509 for the Blackberry Bold from WIND Hellas, and after downloading and installing the OS, i go to my blackberry desktop manager and open the loader. I do the START the update thing, but the only versions that show up are 4.6 and the ones before that. Can anybody help me? Is there something i left out to do? Please Help me !
    There's plenty of info in this thread from people who had the same problem. This is from post 194:
    Download and then run the 5.0 OS on page one of this thread to your computer.
    You must then download BBSAK-version 1.7 to your computer.
    Open Desktop Manager and do a back up of your phone.
    You then open BBSAK and plug in your phone, backup your apps, click on wipe device, then click on load OS.
    But read through this thread before you attempt it.
    03-13-10 10:16 PM
    which folder does the OS default to, im not seeing this on my computer at all.
    Last edited by JonBlaze25; 03-13-10 at 11:46 PM.
    03-13-10 11:42 PM
    which folder does the OS default to, im not seeing this on my computer at all.
    Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>Shared>Loader Files
    03-14-10 12:10 AM
    Program Files>Common Files>Research In Motion>Shared>Loader Files
    i had a brain fart when asking that question. my question now is i've got the wind hellas and vodaphone uk 5.0 on my computer. they look like they're both the exact same set of files. i don't see the vendor.xml to delete from the folder. i've got the my folder options/view options unchecked, how else can i see that file, or is it just not there?
    03-14-10 12:40 AM
    n e one having the same problem....if i put the phone on speaker phone...it makes a loud *** sound like if you are too close to a microphone

to be honest im not sure if it happened on n e other operating system but im just wondering if n e one else is having this problem
    03-14-10 10:32 AM
    upgraded to latest 5.0.0.509 and issue remains, it doesn't auto switch from 3G to 2G ... even though I have it set at Auto > 2G & 3G

when I go into a 2G area, it just says SOS because there's no 3G coverage, however when i change to 2G manually in the options there's coverage confirming that auto switching doesnt work..
    03-14-10 03:57 PM

Greg
    I am running a Bold 9000 on AT&T and was very skeptical about upgrading to 5.0. I finally did after reading the good reports on .509 and it works great. I will say that 5.0 isn't much different from 4.6. There are a few minor things I found once I go looking, but overall I could have stayed on 4.6 and really been just as well off. I really haven't gained anything that I can't do without unlike when I upgraded my 8310 to 4.5. I gained to much in that upgrade that it was impossible to return.
    03-14-10 09:45 PM
    Hey fellas, I love this version of 5.0 on my Bold, but theres one thing i cant figure out. From the media folder my Music subfolder his dissapeared, and Im not exactly sure how I can play my music now. Anyone had the same problem and know of a fix? Thanx in advance guys.
    03-14-10 10:38 PM
    Today i upgraded to 5.0. Cant find the Keypad Lock Key in the main menu. Where has it dissappered. I cant even define the left side key as keypad lock.

Also how can i turn off SMS threads. Its annoying me.
    03-15-10 03:53 AM
    Today i upgraded to 5.0. Cant find the Keypad Lock Key in the main menu. Where has it dissappered. I cant even define the left side key as keypad lock.

Also how can i turn off SMS threads. Its annoying me.
    Don't think you can turn off threaded messaging feat for sms as for keypad lock it's now password lock and you have to enable password lock from options to get the icon back and be able to assign it to the side key (at least I think for assigning that is).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 03:56 AM
    I didn't read through every single post in this forum so I am not sure if this was already mentioned. I apologize in advance but, has anyone had an SMS issue.

If I want to go all the way to the top, by pressing the letter T, of a certain conversation with a certain individual the SMS will lock up and I have to reboot my phone.. Anyone else having that issue?
    03-15-10 08:53 AM
    I just installed this version from 4.6 and all I have to say is WOW.

We are one step closer to an iphone lol.

Big improvements to me i noticed right away.

- My media player doesn't freeze up when playing Youtube.com (In NYC, we have the worst at&t service so youtube.com always lags and freezes when streaming on the blackberry. Now it only lags but then recovers.)

- SMS (iphone style text messaging.. nice!)

- My Camera screen is now full screen instead of a square tiny box.
    03-15-10 09:59 AM
    n e one having the same problem....if i put the phone on speaker phone...it makes a loud *** sound like if you are too close to a microphone

to be honest im not sure if it happened on n e other operating system but im just wondering if n e one else is having this problem

CHOPPA,
    If you go back a few pages you will see the following;(others have this problem and no one has come up with a cure?)

Originally Posted by jlink38
    Is anyone getting feedback on their phone in speakerphone mode? As a test, call your voicemail with the speakerphone on, and then hover your hand over the earpiece and see if it happens.

Why is the mic so damn sensitive while in speakerphone mode???

I NOW HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.

Yesterday I did a full low level wipe, then upgraded from 5.0.0.411 to 5.0.0.509 and now for some reason(?) when I turn on my speakerphone when I make or receive a call a loud shrill sound happens.
    Has anyone responded to you on how to correct this problem?
    03-15-10 10:05 AM
    I didn't read through every single post in this forum so I am not sure if this was already mentioned. I apologize in advance but, has anyone had an SMS issue.

If I want to go all the way to the top, by pressing the letter T, of a certain conversation with a certain individual the SMS will lock up and I have to reboot my phone.. Anyone else having that issue?
    I haven't experienced this issue, but there is another way for you to scroll up to the first msg in the thread without using "T" or "B" to get to the bottom.

Scroll to the last msg received, hold your atl key down and with the trackball, scroll up...it will take you to the first msg in the thread and then if you hold atl and scroll down, it will take you to the bottom of the thread...also, to get to the bottom, press "R" as to reply and then scroll up into the thread and your back at the bottom...

Hope this helps you and anyone else who is having this issue and needs another way of getting to the top of an sms thread.
    03-15-10 02:15 PM
428 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD