Thanks mate, that's very good news. You used the past tense though, what theme are ya using now and why would you migrate away from such a fine today theme?
    Ha, yes I did use it past tense because if you read my previous posts in this thread I had the issue of activating my corp email causing txt msg'ing to stop working. I had to unfortunately revert back to 4.6. The theme works without issue which is good news since last time I tried a beta OS 5 it didn't.
    03-06-10 08:53 PM
    Sorry if i barely Upgraded today, but i Have to say, this Build is the Future for our BOLD
    Everything is fast AND slick! Perfect OS sorta lol
    03-06-10 09:41 PM
    So far so good for me however, one thing is how do you delete the sample pics from the OS when using app loader. I used to be able to do it on previous OS' i.e 4.6 but now it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 12:24 AM
    Yep. Seems to be working fine here. I did have an issue where I couldn't access the images on my device to use as a background, but uninstalling and reinstalling the 5.0 version of the app seemed to do the trick.
    Thanks. I have finally managed to resolve the issue by wiping the device and installing the OS from scratch. Now Berryweather works fine.

The build seems to be much better than .464. Loads faster, browsing is definitely better/quicker, memory management seems better as well. Recommended.
    03-07-10 04:41 AM
    Having found it impossible to load the new OS using AppLoader, I downloaded BBSAK which called up AppLoader which now 'saw' the new OS on my hard-drive and it did the job seamlessly for me. OS 5.0 is just brilliant and a huge improvement both practically and aesthetically on my previous 4.6. But I have a problem.

As I was due and upgrade from my service provider (O2), I decided to stay with the 9000 as the rumoured and much discussed replacement may still be a year away. So I received my new Bold 9000 and decided to load OS 5.0 and then store it until my current 9000 becomes frazzled or otherwise unuseable.

I didn't want to swap the SIM from its current device onto the new one just to upload the OS and tried to do it using BBSAK. But this clearly doesn't work as the AppLoader can't 'see' the new OS on my hard-drive (I have made sure that the 'vendor' file was deleted by the way).

So my question is, can an OS be loaded without a SIM card inserted?
    03-07-10 06:44 AM
    This loaded fine for me. The only issue were:-

1. It seemed to take ages for the gps systems to work, and

2. Battery life seemed to dive to half the previous, however, I have noticed this before after changing op system and it seems to stabilise after a day or so

Not noticed any other problems.
    03-07-10 07:41 AM
    I have been trying to upgrade to 5.0 for a few days and for the life of me I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. (I have upraded three previous times in 4.6 without any problems at all.)
    I downloaded Wind Hellas 5.0.509 and installed it. I deleted vendor.xmi.
    I used Desktop Manager 5.0.1 with the internet not connected and it does not recognize that there is 5.0 to upgrade to. (My previous upgrades were used with Desktop Manager 4.6)
    I then tried using AppLoader (located in Program Files>RIM folder). I click on Loader.exe and it says that there is nothing to install.
    I am even considering doing a wipe with BBSAK but I am concerned that I am doing something wrong, as neither of these ways listed above recognize 5.0 on my computer.
    DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT I MIGHT HAVE DONE WRONG (as I am sure it is user error)??
    03-07-10 08:19 AM
    I have been trying to upgrade to 5.0 for a few days and for the life of me I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. (I have upraded three previous times in 4.6 without any problems at all.)
    I downloaded Wind Hellas 5.0.509 and installed it. I deleted vendor.xmi.
    I used Desktop Manager 5.0.1 with the internet not connected and it does not recognize that there is 5.0 to upgrade to. (My previous upgrades were used with Desktop Manager 4.6)
    I then tried using AppLoader (located in Program Files>RIM folder). I click on Loader.exe and it says that there is nothing to install.
    I am even considering doing a wipe with BBSAK but I am concerned that I am doing something wrong, as neither of these ways listed above recognize 5.0 on my computer.
    DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT I MIGHT HAVE DONE WRONG (as I am sure it is user error)??
    I had the same problem and then used the 'Upgrade OS' function in BBSAK. Although this just seems to 'call' the AppLoader, this time the new OS was found. After this, it was sweeteness and light. Hope this helps.
    03-07-10 08:32 AM
    I had the same problem and then used the 'Upgrade OS' function in BBSAK. Although this just seems to 'call' the AppLoader, this time the new OS was found. After this, it was sweeteness and light. Hope this helps.
    CORRECTION. The tab in BBSAK (vs 1.7) actually says 'LOAD OS'.
    03-07-10 08:37 AM
    CORRECTION. The tab in BBSAK (vs 1.7) actually says 'LOAD OS'.
    Thanks, I am considering whether to give BBSAK a try.
    I just don't want to f-up my phone!
    03-07-10 08:51 AM
    Go for it - your phone will be just fine and OS 5.0 is well worth it.
    03-07-10 08:54 AM
    After using this version for a couple days, I have to say that the battery life is not as good as .464. I have been using my phone moderately and have had to charge twice a day. My usage habits have not changed and I didn't have to do this before. Is anyone is noticing this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 10:21 AM
    Go for it - your phone will be just fine and OS 5.0 is well worth it.
    Thanks so much for convincing me to use BBSAK. It was a piece of cake and took 20 minutes to do the OS upgrade. And it was the only way I was able to get OS 5.0 to be recognized by my PC.
    All seems to be working fine.
    Thanks again.
    03-07-10 11:16 AM
    I upgraded last nite from 4.6.0.297 to this new OS. I used crackmem to remove files i don't want installed; wiped device and installed with loader with no issues.

i didn't have major issues in installation, no issues with restoring 3rd party apps, nor issues with restoring my device data.
    - after installation the application updater icon showed up, it required me to update BB app world, facebook and YM - it said i need to update to be able to use them with OS 5
    - after restoring 3rd party apps, i couldn't find my ebay app; i re-installed from BB app world, no biggie.

so far, it's better. it's really fast compared to 4.6 (i can't compare this with other 5.0 cuz this is the first 5.0 i installed).

GOOD:
    - unlocking the keypad thru the mute button takes a little getting used to, but it's okay.
    - i can't comment on battery yet but i think... i think it is going to be better, i hope.
    - BB browser is fast.
    - call quality is pretty much the same with my .297; good but not great.
    - No issues with WiFi reconnecting.
    - GPS with google maps, bbweather, poynt are very quick.
    - No issues with SMS, i received all messages i believe.
    - VVM is still there and no issues with playing or deleting messages (as someone had reported).
    - last night, memory after reboot is 36mb; went down to 33.6 after an hour; woke up this morning with 33.6mb; as of 12:30noon, i have 27.6mb after testing other apps and browsing. But navigation is still fast, haven't slowed a bit.

NOT SO GOOD:
    The complain i have so far is the increase of modules installed; prior to installations I remove the CODs I don't want installed the same manner i have been doing in the past with 4.6s. There are new files/CODs that i noticed.
    in my 4.6 i had 359 modules, now i have 424 modules. my free memory space went down from 43mb (4.6.0.297) to 36mb (5.0.0.509).

Since filescout can no longer delete locked sample tones, the stewart copeland tones are adding to my used space.

Does any one have advice on removing some of the sample tones before or after installation? I know they are in:

net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks_high_2.cod; and
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks_high.cod

but i don't want to delete them because i am also going to use some of the samples in there.

also, what are in the following cods? can i remove any of them without issue?

net_rim_speech_data_en_US.cod
    Telenav_v50_480x360Lib.cod
    net_rim_cldc.cod
    net_rim_font_latin_truetype.cod
    Telenav_v50_480x360Lib.cod
    net_rim_bb_browser_mango.cod
    net_rim_bb_sbinjector_lib.cod

any advice are appreciated.

But all in all, this OS is very good and i think i'll be keeping it.
    Last edited by charliebauer24; 03-07-10 at 12:08 PM.
    03-07-10 11:55 AM
    Are there any other places that has this firmware?

I need the East Asia pack.

Thanks so much!
    03-07-10 12:18 PM
    @charliebauer24 delete the net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks_high_2.cod
    03-07-10 12:36 PM
    I have reloaded this OS twice. I thought everything was fine..until i went to use my camera today. I took a picture, and the picture was just blank. I have tried adjusting the settings and it still is blank Does anyone have any ideas of what may be wrong
    i tried mine today camera and video camera working okay.

@charliebauer24 delete the net_rim_bb_medialoader_sonic_networks_high_2.cod
    Thanks. how about net_rim_speech_data_en_US.cod and Telenav_v50_480x360Lib.cod, do you know what are these for?
    03-07-10 12:48 PM
    i tried mine today camera and video camera working okay.

Thanks. how about net_rim_speech_data_en_US.cod and Telenav_v50_480x360Lib.cod, do you know what are these for?
    Updated...I had some crazy settings that I had to fix!
    Last edited by aming63; 03-07-10 at 02:11 PM.
    03-07-10 12:58 PM
    Just installed 5.0.0.509

After opening a new SMS text, the red light continues to blink about 3/4 blinks after I initially view the message. Is this considered a "bug?"
    03-07-10 05:07 PM
    Upgraded last night. With this version I am not able to assign "phone lock" to left side convenience key.
    Other than that it works great.
    03-07-10 05:09 PM
    if we use this OS, how about the themes ? are we using themes for bb bold or onyx? i found difficulty in finding themes
    03-07-10 06:56 PM
    if we use this OS, how about the themes ? are we using themes for bb bold or onyx? i found difficulty in finding themes
    No you cannot use themes created for the 9700 on the 9000.
    03-07-10 11:32 PM
    I have tried to download the file multiple times, but have never been able to complete it. About 70% of the way through, I get an error message:"Error reading setup initialization file", and then the download terminates. Pretty frustrating.
    Anybody have any ideas as to how I can get this OS update?
    03-08-10 03:15 AM
    everything is fine, but I'm hating the choppiness in calls (it's annoying) I they can hear me clearly but their voice keeps cutting as if they r calling from **** or something... is there any way to fix this??
    03-08-10 05:10 AM
    I couldn't wait for AT&T to release their official version so I went ahead and wiped the device and then installed this version. There were a lot of changes that I liked and I was a bit worried that I couldn't use this to the fullest. (However, that is not the case) This was the first time I used an OS outside of the region of my carriers. Everything runs smooth, and works normally. I can't complain at all.

The Good:
    -Like the overhaul of the theme. (New boot screen, changed buttons, redesigned music interface)
    -Mute/A lock keys
    -Browser is fast
    -Profile settings are changed. You don't have to change the ringtone for every profile, it can be globally applied. You can also try out the ringtone to see how it works on your phone. (With vibration, LED notification, etc.)

-You can now merge the other message folders to the big one. (SMS folder still shows, however with the setting enabled, you can hide SMS and use one Message folder for everything)

-My trackball click is not working, so back on 4.x.x, I had to go to Menu, then Change in order to change some of the options. Now, that's removed and the same can be achieved by using the ALT button. (I don't know if that existed on 4.x.x, I just never found out about it until now)

The Bad:

-The trackball, even though the click is broken, likes to act up a lot, more than when it was on 4.x.x.

In Between:

-I can't comment on the memory usage or the battery life since I never have ran into an issue with either. When I get the time, I'll give the phone a charge and a battery pull and see how it compares.
    03-08-10 06:48 AM
428 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD