I am having trouble loading 5.0. I have previously updated my Bold to three different versions of 4.6 without any problem whatsoever.
    Here's what I did today:
    I updated my Desktop Manager to 5.0.
    I downloaded and ran Wind Hellas 5.0.509.
    I am using Vista 64 bit so I went to computer>C:>ProgramFiles (x86)>CommonFiles>Research in Motion>AppLoader>I deleted "vendor" (there was no Vendor.xml)> and then went to Loader (there was no "Loader.exe)and it still does not recognize that I am trying to upgrade to 5.0 as it says there is no update.
    I am sure it is user error and I have read many different threads but for the life of me I cannot figure this out.
    Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong?
    Try uninstalling DM, reinstall the latest ver of DM + .509. Delete "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml" and before launching DM disable your network connection so it only looks for the update locally. Hope this helps.
    03-05-10 03:40 PM
    Try uninstalling DM, reinstall the latest ver of DM + .509. Delete "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml" and before launching DM disable your network connection so it only looks for the update locally. Hope this helps.
    I just tried that but was unsuccessful as well. There was no "vendor.xml; there was just "vendor" which I deleted.
    I opened Desktop Manager>Application Loader>Update Software>It then listed available updates including: BB 5.0 for 9000 but it had an asterisk (only active BB service subscribers are entitled to install this software). The other options listed were 4.6.0.304 (preferred), 4.6.0.297 (current) and 4.6.167 (downgrade). I hit next after checking 5.0 and it then said no software uipdate is required.
    Again, I am on Vista-64 bit if anyone could figure out what I have done wrong.
    Last edited by tellsells; 03-05-10 at 04:09 PM.
    03-05-10 04:01 PM
    I just tried that but was unsuccessful as well. There was no "vendor.xml; there was just "vendor" which I deleted.
    I opened Desktop Manager>Application Loader>Update Software>It then listed available updates including: BB 5.0 for 9000 but it had an asterisk (only active BB service subscribers are entitled to install this software). The other options listed were 4.6.0.304 (preferred), 4.6.0.297 (current) and 4.6.167 (downgrade). I hit next after checking 5.0 and it then said no software uipdate is required.
    Again, I am on Vista-64 bit if anyone could figure out what I have done wrong.
    In Vista go to Start, Control Panel, Folder Options. Go to the tab that says View and then make sure "hide extensions for known file types" is unchecked.
    03-05-10 04:05 PM
    In Vista go to Start, Control Panel, Folder Options. Go to the tab that says View and then make sure "hide extensions for known file types" is unchecked.
    Thanks for the quick response. I unchecked the "hide extensions" but I still got the same results.
    Any other ideas?
    Last edited by tellsells; 03-05-10 at 04:47 PM.
    03-05-10 04:29 PM
    It`s working great for me.....at last the threaded sms are working fine.
    Just one question with the last os I use Q to lock the keyboard now that funtion is not runing. How can I fix this.
    it seems to me like that function is gone. this is my first update into 5.0 and the shortcut "k" to lock is also gone. you have to hit the mute button now. I cannot even find the lock icon...
    03-05-10 04:35 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. I unchecked the "hide extensions" but I still got the same results.
    Any other ideas?
    Sounds like your BB is not fully wiped. Download the latest BBSAK and choose "Wipe Device". Just make sure you have a backup of everything before doing so. After it reboots you should get device error 507. Then disable your network, launch DM and choose "Application Loader" and then "Update Software".
    03-05-10 04:54 PM
    I haven't seen mention of it yet so does anyone know if 509 supports onthearm's themes? I run his com_plasmic_theme_ota_today and would hate to lose the today functionality. Since I'm coming to .509 from 4.6.0.266 I haven't been following all the 5.0 banter.
    03-05-10 05:03 PM
    OK, so after I did my Enterprise Activation SMS stopped working again. The BES Server ver. I'm on is 4.1.6.19. I know we have newer Bold 9700's that have OS 5 and are working without issue. This might be a bug in this release. I don't know but I successfully downgraded to 4.6 and did the Enterprise Activation and SMS works now. Sucks, I was starting to like OS 5...
    03-05-10 05:04 PM
    Sounds like your BB is not fully wiped. Download the latest BBSAK and choose "Wipe Device". Just make sure you have a backup of everything before doing so. After it reboots you should get device error 507. Then disable your network, launch DM and choose "Application Loader" and then "Update Software".
    I did not wipe my device. I have not done that before and I'm not sure that I want to risk it.
    I am sure it is something that I didn't do right, but I have done three previous OS upgrades without any problems.
    I'll just stay with 4.6 until I can figure out what I am doing wrong.
    Thanks so much for your help.
    03-05-10 05:08 PM
    is there chinese?
    03-05-10 06:17 PM
    It`s working great for me.....at last the threaded sms are working fine.
    Just one question with the last os I use Q to lock the keyboard now that funtion is not runing. How can I fix this.

try using A buddy...
    03-05-10 07:01 PM
    I haven't seen mention of it yet so does anyone know if 509 supports onthearm's themes? I run his com_plasmic_theme_ota_today and would hate to lose the today functionality. Since I'm coming to .509 from 4.6.0.266 I haven't been following all the 5.0 banter.
    I am curious as to this point too...
    03-05-10 07:43 PM
    I had the com_plazmic_theme_ota_today_no_wrap_no_glow theme and it worked without issue.
    03-05-10 08:12 PM
    is there chinese?
    there's not any asian languages support...

but PM me and i can send you a link that shows you how to implement them... i already did
    03-05-10 08:54 PM
    Just downloaded now and will be installing once I get home after seeing all this positive feedback about it.

As for the QuickPull issue, I stopped using it as I use the Reset function included with QuickLaunch.

Chris
    The Reboot Device in QuickLaunch hangs also for me - does it work for you?
    03-05-10 10:25 PM
    Thanks mate, that's very good news. You used the past tense though, what theme are ya using now and why would you migrate away from such a fine today theme?

I had the com_plazmic_theme_ota_today_no_wrap_no_glow theme and it worked without issue.
    03-05-10 11:31 PM
    I have had this build now for a few days, and I don't know if I care for the call quality yet?? I seem to have dropped a few calls lately, and some didn't even go through with this build Browser quick, pictures load fast,texting is a breeze Assigning ring tones is quite annoying

All in all, I like going from 4.6 to 5.0, but will have to wait a few more days to see what is up with the calls???
    03-05-10 11:32 PM
    The Reboot Device in QuickLaunch hangs also for me - does it work for you?
    I've done it once so far and it worked, let me try it now....

EDIT: Ok, maybe not... Guess I just falsely remembered it working. The new version of QuickPull free does install, but it seems to not do anything after I tell it to reset and it brings up the "Your device is going into REBOOT in 5 seconds. Press ESCAPE to cancel. It doesn't do anything even after I let it sit for 10 minutes. Had to press cancel to get back to the main menu. Looks like all we can do is battery pulls....

Chris
    Last edited by Tronyx; 03-06-10 at 06:00 AM.
    03-06-10 04:05 AM
    Guys,

Anybody running Berryweather after upgrading to .509?
    03-06-10 07:11 AM
    Berryweather is working fine for me, have had build since leak.
    03-06-10 07:36 AM
    Guys,

Anybody running Berryweather after upgrading to .509?

Yep. Seems to be working fine here. I did have an issue where I couldn't access the images on my device to use as a background, but uninstalling and reinstalling the 5.0 version of the app seemed to do the trick.
    03-06-10 10:46 AM
    I have weatherbug, and it works fine. No problem with icon, and it updates every fifteen minutes.
    03-06-10 01:32 PM
    So I wanted to say VERY important to do a full wipe before this upgrade. Did the upgrade last weekend on Sun, some things ran fine, fast browser etc. I was coming from At&t official 4.6.0.297, and didn't wipe to the 507 error first. Had all sorts of issues, which I was posting in the leak thread, such as garbled calls with a flickering sound, like the sound cut in and out very quickly, but not every call. Also had some memory leak happening, and it got worse and worse, battery was draining on Thursday really bad, and other issues. It was funny that I was deleting apps, and doing battery pulls coming out with less memory at start up. Yesterday I couldn't attach anything to an email except for one of the four accounts I have on there--and that was one gmail account, the other gmail wouldn't do it. Very weird, as was the fact that the particular gmail account that would send them had two inbox icons when I first upgraded last week.

Last night, did a completely wipe with CrackUtil, then used Shrink-a-OS to cut down a lot of stuff, build went from 78M to 46. Loaded it up and after restart had about 48M, didn't drop at all for a few hours. Reloaded programs one at a time from CB App store, then used DT for Mac to reload some of my backups, like messages and settings. Figured there may be some issue with certain settings or DBs in 4.6 not playing nice in 5.0. After all that did a pull, and restarted about 42M. Overnight it was pretty stable, went down to 34, now still sitting there. Reloaded Uber-Twit now and have Wi-fi running, dropped down to 32, going to leave running and will see what comes.

Been on about 4 phone calls today, no problems with sound so far. Wifi still takes a good 45-60 sec to connect. Have had no issues with SMS, except after the upgrade over 4.6 last week, I had 11 messages show up new that were weeks old, and did that after each restart til I deleted them, as opening them did nothing. GPS has been great so far, even before the wipe, I can actually get GPS indoors sometimes now That will hopefully help with e-GPS if I re-install it and ever have to remote wipe.

I will be slowly re-adding apps this week, looking for issues. Was happy to hear someone else has BerryWeather running with no issues, as that will be added back soon. First Docs to Go and my REX Wireless apps, then down the list. Happy upgrading, keep us all posted with your findings.
    03-06-10 03:51 PM
    Installed yesterday. No issues to report so far. Big upgrade over .464. I was having sound issues with the previous OS and lots of SMS bugs. My WiFi wouldn't automatically connect. It was horrible. All problems seem to be solved now. Running minimal apps, memory seems to be stable at about 26mb. I did use BBSAK to wipe the device before installing the new OS. This build also fixed a problem I was having where all the text wouldn't appear in option boxes. The 2G & 3G box in particular. When it was on 2G it would be fine, but when I had 3G turned on it would just say "2G &..." Many other drop down boxes were like that as well, but they're not anymore.
    03-06-10 04:59 PM
    Anybody having trouble with VVM where it won't let you delete VMs? No error messages, but it just doesn't delete the message.
    03-06-10 07:05 PM
428 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD