standby mode is gone for me... only lock activates when using MUTE...

anyone else experience this quirk...?
    03-04-10 07:19 PM
    About SMS: How is it that you guys are not bothered by the tiny SMS composition window? You cannot even see all 160 characters in the window. Using this tiny window to type SMS requires touching the *dirty* ball in the middle of the phone.
    03-04-10 07:28 PM
    Is anyone getting feedback on their phone in speakerphone mode? As a test, call your voicemail with the speakerphone on, and then hover your hand over the earpiece and see if it happens.

Why is the mic so damn sensitive while in speakerphone mode???
    Last edited by jlink38; 03-04-10 at 07:53 PM.
    03-04-10 07:37 PM
    Hi guys,
    Yet another satisfied user on this new OS, Coming from a ver. 4 OS I am really impressed with loading times etc. One thing I have noticed is that you can't set individual tones for incoming sms / yahoo messages / msn etc. when you go to options / sounds and ringtones you are only able to change the incoming call settings / tone. Am I not looking in the right area or is this just a downfall of this particular OS?

You have to go into sound profiles to be able to change all email account, bbm etc. On my theme it looks like a speaker! Hope this helps you.

Regards
    03-04-10 08:11 PM
    That link is broken, lol. I fixed it in my reply where I quoted the link he provided a few posts up.

EDIT: Correct link - RapidShare: 1-CLICK Webhosting - Easy Filehosting

Chris

Lol well it worked last night. Currently using this update. Well let u know of any improvments or flaws.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 09:44 PM
    You have the vibration (for PIN) set to "Custom" and below that "Vibrate" set to "Always"?
    thats how it was set, i tried all options and its the same ,it even did it on the .464 build too
    03-04-10 10:38 PM
    My dialogue boxes seem to be dark gray now instead of black like in OS 4.6. Is this indicative of OS 5? Is there anyway to change it back? I can't find settings for it; it's driving me nuts.

On another note I'm impressed with this build. Pretty solid so far...
    03-05-10 12:42 AM
    A first time poster.... Decided I would stay on 4.6 until some truly terrific feedback came back on a 5.0 build. I updated for my first time to a 5.0 build, and not only did everything go smoothly (including VVM), but has been the best 9000 build thus far.
    03-05-10 03:36 AM
    Hi everybody,

I updated to .509 yesterday, and since than my Berryweather won't connect through TCP/IP (works through Wifi), even though it used to work just fine. All the permissions are allowed, firewall is disabled and the app is set to be Trusted Application. Tried uninstall/reinstall, even tried the new 2.2.0.1 version. all to no avail.

Did anybody experience something similar? Ideas?

Thanks.
    03-05-10 05:22 AM
    Hi everybody,

I updated to .509 yesterday, and since than my Berryweather won't connect through TCP/IP (works through Wifi), even though it used to work just fine. All the permissions are allowed, firewall is disabled and the app is set to be Trusted Application. Tried uninstall/reinstall, even tried the new 2.2.0.1 version. all to no avail.

Did anybody experience something similar? Ideas?

Thanks.
    Check your APN settings:

Options -> Advanced Options -> TCP/IP

Make sure that they are specified correctly for your carrier.

Chris
    03-05-10 06:24 AM
    Chris, thanks for reply. I forgot to mention that I had also tried setting TCP/IP manually, but to no avail as well. It seems that something has left in registry which cannot be overridden. I certainly don't feel like wiping the OS over this. Asked for support at Bellshare, and the issue has been passed along to (notorious) developer.

Any further ideas?

Zone
    03-05-10 06:59 AM
    Everyone said that SMS works under AT&T in this latest version. For me it's not working at all. I haven't received a single SMS since updating my phone yesterday. I've sent SMS' to myself and even had friends SMS me to test but still nothing. Anyone have any ideas as what to look at? Otherwise everything else works fine and I really don't want to roll back to 4.6.

Thanks
    03-05-10 08:36 AM
    I'm using the "509", and it's superfast. I guess i'm just lucky. I started with the 4.6 whatever, then the "411", then the "464", and now the "509". Every time i upgraded, the BB got faster with less battery drain. I haven't had to charge my BB in two days, and it's always on. I have about eight apps, and five themes that i interchange at will with no problems what so ever. Did i mention that my carrier is the one that everyone loves to hate ? AT&T works for me. Maybe some people have a lot of problems because they fool around with their BB's too much. Keep it simple. The BB is beautiful, the new OS is beautiful, and the Force is with all of us. Just don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side !!
    03-05-10 08:41 AM
    so far ive noticed it boots up a lil quicker than the previous official release. i like the standby option they have now where the screen just goes black. gained about 5mb+ from 24-25 i think to 30-32. cant remember exactly. this wont be an issue when i end up saving money for the bold 9700

quickpull free doesnt work with the scheduled resets and the reset option. it doesnt reset on its own u gotta confirm the reset. but they already know whats going on so im guessing they will release an update soon.

only been using it for about 10 hours with 90%. average use, few calls, sms, bbm and fb. with the previous official OS5 i was using i can go probably about 30-36 hours running it down to dead. im also using a seidio battery (1750) so im guessing if i was using the stock batt ill get a days worth.

the facebook issue that someone was talking about its not to do with this update as it was happening before this came out. its an app issue but they are working on it as some notifications are coming out properly such as events and wall posts. before it was jus a message on the facebook app.
    03-05-10 09:21 AM
    so yesterday i installed and everything is cool

i had to update the theme i was using, 3gbold from the themes section
    quickpull wasnt working at first but i deleted then reinstalled a beta i believe...works now...only good if u dont use a schedule restart...cuz it does say this
    when restarting so u have to ok it first
    browser is great
    speed is great
    battery seems atleast on par with the 4.6 os i was running
    word documents looks weird now, i liked how it was on 4.6 but thats no big deal

so far so good for me
    03-05-10 10:14 AM
    Help with SMS please...

bump
    ... anyone?

I've done a battery pull and resent service books but still nothing coming through...
    03-05-10 10:27 AM
    On my side (testing the version that was leaked some weeks ago) I have seen the following changes over .464:

- Calendar issues related to synchro with outlook fixed: after .464 most of my appointments were duplicated in calendar. In some cases BB would not allow to delete appointment and outlook would only see one of the 2 copies of the appointments.

- Sync process releases much faster the screen/keyboard of the BB

- I think I am facing some USB connection problems now (yet to be confirmed): BB looses USB connection and reconnect on its own

- One issue faced while cleaning some SMS: BB ended up freezing not allowing me to change screen (no action on escape nor on long press on escape)

- didn't see any real web browser improvement over .464

- battery life much better but I really suspects this is linked to BBmessenger: regarding all the previous upgrades I did on my BB, it is the second time i do not reinstall BB Messenger 5.0 and it is the second time I do really see a big improvement in battery life (and memory drain).
    03-05-10 10:44 AM
    Help with SMS please...

bump
    ... anyone?

I've done a battery pull and resent service books but still nothing coming through...
    Options->SMS
    You might want to check out the options (is service center correctly displayed, over which network are you receiving SMS (CS, PS,...).
    03-05-10 10:52 AM
    Help with SMS please...

bump
    ... anyone?

Are you sure the sms messege centre number is correct?

Answer Center | AT&T

Option->SMS->"Service Centre" make sure it says +13123149810 with the PLUS sign in front of it.
    03-05-10 11:25 AM
    This is what my settings are...

03-05-10 12:47 PM
    I have the exact same settings as you except across from "show names", i have "yes". Same OS, same carrier. Try a battery pull and see if that helps.
    03-05-10 01:58 PM
    I am having trouble loading 5.0. I have previously updated my Bold to three different versions of 4.6 without any problem whatsoever.
    Here's what I did today:
    I updated my Desktop Manager to 5.0.
    I downloaded and ran Wind Hellas 5.0.509.
    I am using Vista 64 bit so I went to computer>C:>ProgramFiles (x86)>CommonFiles>Research in Motion>AppLoader>I deleted "vendor" (there was no Vendor.xml)> and then went to Loader (there was no "Loader.exe)and it still does not recognize that I am trying to upgrade to 5.0 as it says there is no update.
    I am sure it is user error and I have read many different threads but for the life of me I cannot figure this out.
    Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong?
    03-05-10 02:49 PM
    It`s working great for me.....at last the threaded sms are working fine.
    Just one question with the last os I use Q to lock the keyboard now that funtion is not runing. How can I fix this.
    03-05-10 03:14 PM
    OK, I caved in and decided to wipe and reload with .509 once more to get SMS working or I would revert to 4.6. Well it paid off, SMS works now. No idea WTH was going on before but I finally got it working! Thanks to all that replied.
    03-05-10 03:34 PM
    Udated from .411, > 48 hrs ago. Boot up with roughly 42mb and currently at 32.4mb with a good amount of app usage in that time. Battery life is very good, also battery level does not drop significantly after a battery pull. Everything runs smooth and fast. No VVM, browser or sms fix needed. Call quality for me is fine, no dropped calls or choppiness experienced.

Apps installed-
    Weatherbug
    Ap News
    Ubertwitter
    Druglord Wars
    Railbandit
    Slacker Radio
    Blackberry App World
    NYC Subway

Overall this is the best OS ive used to date, so far.
    03-05-10 03:34 PM
428 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD