I tried downloading this earlier as well and it didn't go thru. Anyone getting the same prob? I'll try again later on today when I get back home.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is what I get...

"We're Sorry...
    >Sorry, the file is temporarily unavailable, please try again later or contact the webmaster."

Can someone please upload it to a file sharing service?

Thanks
    03-04-10 12:09 AM
    This is what I get...

"We're Sorry...
    >Sorry, the file is temporarily unavailable, please try again later or contact the webmaster."

Can someone please upload it to a file sharing service?

Thanks
    RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    358654278/9000M_PBr5.0.0_rel860_PL5.2.0.50_A5.0.0.509_Wind_H ellas.exe
    03-04-10 12:59 AM
    now that it's "official" on BB website i will try 509 again...

especially with all languages support...

let's see if 3rd party apps work for me this time around...
    [was runing 464 then tried 1st leak of 509 with little success]
    03-04-10 01:02 AM
    upgraded from .411 - 3sweden

- faster startup
    - quickpull does work
    - all apps open RIDICULOUSLY FAST!
    - increased app memory by 7MB.. (41mb after pull)
    Just as I feared. Quickpull not working for me. Zachkiro - how did you get it to work?

03-04-10 01:56 AM
    Just downloaded now and will be installing once I get home after seeing all this positive feedback about it.

As for the QuickPull issue, I stopped using it as I use the Reset function included with QuickLaunch.

Chris
    03-04-10 02:55 AM
    File seemed to be removed from RIM

Can someone share MegaUpload link for the official file.... Thanks.
    03-04-10 03:10 AM
    Read through threads much?

Chris

PS - @lawman Link is broken since the title for the link is placed in the middle of the actual URL. I fixed it for you and everyone else...
    Last edited by Tronyx; 03-04-10 at 05:54 AM.
    03-04-10 04:26 AM
    UPGRADING THE OFFICIAL OVER A LEAKED VERSION
    I have the leaked .509 on my 9000 but now want the official release as I want the full support of the official. Sorry if this is going to sound stupid (!)..Will I need to downgrade and remove the leaked version before loading the official?? Or can I simply just install the official release on my pc and upgrade my device as usual (and obviously removing the vendor file). PLEAAASE ADVISE!! Thanks
    03-04-10 04:36 AM
    Hey, this might b a stuiped question but, when theres a new version, i always wipe my device, then load it. doing that all the time. can that possibly ruin my phone?
    03-04-10 04:40 AM
    Just installed this version, all good so far except that the WiFi icon on the main screen is not turning white when connected via WiFi. If I goto the Wifi options it says the active connection is there.

anyone else having this too?
    03-04-10 05:11 AM
    UPGRADING THE OFFICIAL OVER A LEAKED VERSION
    I have the leaked .509 on my 9000 but now want the official release as I want the full support of the official. Sorry if this is going to sound stupid (!)..Will I need to downgrade and remove the leaked version before loading the official?? Or can I simply just install the official release on my pc and upgrade my device as usual (and obviously removing the vendor file). PLEAAASE ADVISE!! Thanks
    Official releases are typically not any different then leaked releases apart from possibly language support.

Hey, this might b a stuiped question but, when theres a new version, i always wipe my device, then load it. doing that all the time. can that possibly ruin my phone?
    That is the proper method for upgrading your OS and I don't believe it can cause any damage. It's the same as formatting and re installing the OS on your computer. Formatting a hard drive doesn't seem to cause any damage to it.

Just installed this version, all good so far except that the WiFi icon on the main screen is not turning white when connected via WiFi. If I goto the Wifi options it says the active connection is there.

anyone else having this too?
    I kind of experienced this on .464 and have yet to upgrade to .509, but other users who have upgraded are saying that the problem seems to have disappeared for them. Does the icon turn white and give you an actual Wi-Fi internet connection after you launch an app that uses the Wi-Fi connection? That's what I have to do sometimes on .464 for the Wi-Fi to gain internet access.

Chris
    03-04-10 05:16 AM

I kind of experienced this on .464 and have yet to upgrade to .509, but other users who have upgraded are saying that the problem seems to have disappeared for them. Does the icon turn white and give you an actual Wi-Fi internet connection after you launch an app that uses the Wi-Fi connection? That's what I have to do sometimes on .464 for the Wi-Fi to gain internet access.

Chris
    I loaded Blackberry browser and downloaded a 1mb file, whilst that was downloading i switched to the desktop and the iconwas still faded...the file downloaded in about 2 seconds so i guess Wifi connected and working, thats too fast for 3g in my current position.
    03-04-10 05:23 AM
    CHRIS/TRONYX THANKS FOR RESPONDING and for clarifying. For future reference though, if I did want to get the official release, how would I go about doing it?.. Remove the leaked version and install the official then run Apploader? Thanks
    03-04-10 05:25 AM
    RapidShare: 1-CLICK Web hosting - Easy Filehosting
    358654278/9000M_PBr5.0.0_rel860_PL5.2.0.50_A5.0.0.509_Wind_H ellas.exe
    thanks for the alternate link!
    03-04-10 05:26 AM
    I loaded Blackberry browser and downloaded a 1mb file, whilst that was downloading i switched to the desktop and the iconwas still faded...the file downloaded in about 2 seconds so i guess Wifi connected and working, thats too fast for 3g in my current position.
    Have you tried other Wi-Fi connections just to troubleshoot?

Chris
    03-04-10 05:51 AM
    CHRIS/TRONYX THANKS FOR RESPONDING and for clarifying. For future reference though, if I did want to get the official release, how would I go about doing it?.. Remove the leaked version and install the official then run Apploader? Thanks
    Same way as you would normally upgrade your OS. Backup, wipe, configure the OS and install.

Chris
    03-04-10 05:51 AM
    thanks for the alternate link!
    That link is broken, lol. I fixed it in my reply where I quoted the link he provided a few posts up.

EDIT: Correct link - RapidShare: 1-CLICK Webhosting - Easy Filehosting

Chris
    Last edited by Tronyx; 03-04-10 at 05:55 AM.
    03-04-10 05:53 AM
    I have the leaked .509 and Quickpull (free version) works on mine. Maybe remove it and reinstall from App World, do a battery pull and it should work.
    03-04-10 06:30 AM
    I have the leaked .509 and Quickpull (free version) works on mine. Maybe remove it and reinstall from App World, do a battery pull and it should work.
    Thanks. Tried that but no luck. Will keep tinkering and see if I can sort it out.

And thanks to the other member for fixing the dodgy link I posted. Did it in a rush and buggered it up.

03-04-10 07:53 AM
    Have you tried other Wi-Fi connections just to troubleshoot?

Chris
    Just tried it with a different Wireless router, same thing happen's.

Have downgraded to 4.6 now, and its now working as it should be, I think the difference between 4.6 and 5.0 isn't really that much so i'll wait a while before upgrading.
    03-04-10 09:10 AM
    Day 6 on .509:

Crashes: 0
    Uptime: 73 hours
    Memory: 27.5MB
    Browser: Still super fast
    03-04-10 09:19 AM
    just strange...

has anyone experienced this...?

when i try to upload 509 via Add/remove option it shows:
    Total space available: 55.3MB

but when i try to upload 509 via Update software option it shows:
    Total space available: 46.2MB

same apps/os on both cases...

any thoughts buddies...?!?

on another topic: i DL bbsak 1.7 but can not generate JAD file... option won't allow me to fill in "save as" field and keeps requesting all fields to be filled out in order to proceed...?!?
    also strange...
    03-04-10 10:07 AM
    Really happy I made the jump from the latest official AT&T version 4. SMS grouping is nice, browser is faster, smooth transitions with screens and menus... excellent build.
    Only thing I have noticed is a slight delay between video and sound on movies played from my media card - something I did not experience prior to upgrading... Anyone else seeing this as well?
    03-04-10 10:28 AM
    Thanks. Tried that but no luck. Will keep tinkering and see if I can sort it out.

And thanks to the other member for fixing the dodgy link I posted. Did it in a rush and buggered it up.

According to Steelthorn (Quickpull manufacturer) they don't have a fix for installing QP Pro on any device above 5.0.0.411.
    QuickPull and OS 5.0.0.434+
    03-04-10 10:39 AM
    Only problem I have is choppiness of the calls and such.
    03-04-10 10:40 AM
428 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD