I feel a little outdated here because I'm still running the OS that my Bold came with (.167) though AT&T. I know there are a lot of leaked OS's out there, but I was wondering what is the newest official OS for the Bold released by AT&T? I thought I read in the blogs a little while back that AT&T made an official OS update for the Bold...but maybe I'm wrong.

And what is everyone's experiences when it comes to new Bold OS updates (leaked and official)? What's the best stable and reliable OS out there right now for the Bold?

Thanks everyone!
    06-05-09 01:55 PM
    .266. The way to go man. Most people on bold have this OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 01:56 PM
    .266 works great for me!
    06-05-09 01:57 PM
    Where did you guys download the .266 OS from? Is it an official release?

Thanks!
    06-05-09 01:58 PM
    I feel a little outdated here because I'm still running the OS that my Bold came with (.167) though AT&T. I know there are a lot of leaked OS's out there, but I was wondering what is the newest official OS for the Bold released by AT&T? I thought I read in the blogs a little while back that AT&T made an official OS update for the Bold...but maybe I'm wrong.

And what is everyone's experiences when it comes to new Bold OS updates (leaked and official)? What's the best stable and reliable OS out there right now for the Bold?

Thanks everyone!
    There's a newer version of 167 out there.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/new...-167-a-227167/

Read these forums about upgrading to a non official AT&T release, different results for different people. Most have no issues, but just be informed.
    Last edited by bt224; 06-05-09 at 05:25 PM.
    06-05-09 01:58 PM
    I've had nothing but great results with .266...better battery, more memory(less leakage) and apps, especially AT&T Navigator, run faster & smoother. I did a google search for it and downloaded the East Asia version on the advice of a CB post. A good move for me!
    06-05-09 04:14 PM
    ive had GREAT success with .266
    06-05-09 04:20 PM
    The consensus right now is that the .266 is the best. Just check the top threads which are stickied. It has all the information you're looking for.
    06-05-09 04:32 PM
    ya, .266 is in the sticky
    06-05-09 04:35 PM
    .266. The way to go man. Most people on bold have this OS

Whoa, that's a "bold" statement, and a wildly inaccurate one as well. "Most people" who own a Bold have no idea there are any OS updates, let alone have actually updated. Maybe here in the Bold forum most people have uodated, but you have to remember that this is still primarily a business phone, and such users vastly outnumber the miniscule collection of Bold tech heads and teen consumer users who congregate here.

06-05-09 08:50 PM
    Agreed. Upgrading is not for everyone. I am personally very reluctant to do this since I need my phone. When a couple of days clears out of my schedule, I may try since I'll have time to do some damage control. I know it's seamless for may people, but if it does not, it can really effect people.
    06-05-09 08:53 PM
    Whoa, that's a "bold" statement, and a wildly inaccurate one as well. "Most people" who own a Bold have no idea there are any OS updates, let alone have actually updated. Maybe here in the Bold forum most people have uodated, but you have to remember that this is still primarily a business phone, and such users vastly outnumber the miniscule collection of Bold tech heads and teen consumer users who congregate here.

From what I know most people that have bolds have this OS .266. To me I find it the most stable and best battery life yet. And yes I do know a lot of people don't know about OS updates! Out of about 20 people I know that have berries, 17 of them don't know about updating their OS.

06-05-09 10:15 PM

06-05-09 10:28 PM
    Sorry about that empty reply. I appreciate that everyone is that excited about 266. For me,
    however, 237 was (and after downgrading last week, is) the best OS I have used to this point.
    My battery life is slightly better, I have 5 MB more memory free after a battery pull (48 compared
    to 43...trivial, I know) and Fancast never loses a beat (even when going from 3G to edge over
    several miles). Also, my browser seems peppier with 237, however, being that the other points
    I made are definite, that could be my imagination. Good luck with whatever you choose, just
    be sure to back up and follow the excellent step-by-step instructions listed here on Crackberry.

06-05-09 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD