ok .. I deleted all my vendor files .. modified my DM to disable auto updates .. when i double click my download of the os and it prompts what country and so forth.. when do i initialize the apploader from the folder? do i click yes when it asks the country .. what's the sequence cause Im getting stuck at boot rom ..
    05-26-10 12:32 PM
    ok .. I deleted all my vendor files .. modified my DM to disable auto updates .. when i double click my download of the os and it prompts what country and so forth.. when do i initialize the apploader from the folder? do i click yes when it asks the country .. what's the sequence cause Im getting stuck at boot rom ..
    You have to download and install the OS to your PC first, before even opening DM.

Once it's installed, then delete the vendor.xml file(s) and finally plug your phone in and run either DM or the Loader.exe program to upgrade.
    05-26-10 12:41 PM
    You have to download and install the OS to your PC first, before even opening DM.

Once it's installed, then delete the vendor.xml file(s) and finally plug your phone in and run either DM or the Loader.exe program to upgrade.
    thanks for your help man .. I've tried every which way .. it's at connecting to boot rom where it just starts to hiccup ..right after it back ups the 3rd party apps ..
    05-26-10 01:15 PM
    It might just be T-Mo but browsing seems to chug a bit compared to .656...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-10 01:28 PM
    No Dutch language
    Is there any way to add it? Or do I have to flash another version if I want the Dutch language back?
    05-26-10 01:45 PM
    When running app loader, the only option i have is to downgrade everything, this normal for this OS? I had a peak and there was things like brick breaker and browser listed. Could it be because i was using a hybrid before this?
    Last edited by Xavior; 05-26-10 at 02:24 PM.
    05-26-10 01:51 PM
    I think there might be an issue with VMFusion 3.1 , and the usb connect .. I guess it's not holding long enuff as the device resets .. I saw a couple instances around the net. ..
    05-26-10 02:04 PM
    whats new in this version plz ?
    05-26-10 02:24 PM
    I think there might be an issue with VMFusion 3.1 , and the usb connect .. I guess it's not holding long enuff as the device resets .. I saw a couple instances around the net. ..
    Are you using a mac? I'd so, you know there is a desktop manager for mac.

05-26-10 02:52 PM
    ok ... that was like pulling teeth .. the root cause of my issue had to do with the VM Fusion software .. After the 3.1 update I was able to upgrade flawlessly .. carry-on..
    05-26-10 02:55 PM
    Are you using a mac? I'd so, you know there is a desktop manager for mac.

yeah I know .. but the os is a exe file so i use the windows .. it's all good now though .. tks
    05-26-10 03:04 PM
    a cple of questions if i may, im still running on .442...was wondering about battery life and whether this version has arabic support on it? typing and reading...any help is greatly appreciated...also the lock key on the top left, does the screen directly fade to black and gets locked? i don't use the password option, but i just need to make sure that the lock key still hs the same functionality as well as the answer to my 1st 2 questions...any help is greatly appreciated..thankx
    05-26-10 03:47 PM
    pictures are loading really slowly compared to previous versions
    05-26-10 04:00 PM
    I was able to retrieve the file just yesterday...
    05-26-10 04:40 PM
    Hello all,

I was also having trouble loading this OS on my Bold 9700. I was previously running PwnCakes latest hybrid. Well the hybrid was listed as version 5.0.0.692 so it saw this update as a downgrade.

When installing:

-Delete the vendor file
    -run the loader file in apploader
    -when it gives you the choice to upgrade and keep existing apps or to downgrade some existing apps, CHOOSE TO DOWNGRADE
    -then just continue as you would any upgrade

I figured this out and now I am sucessfully running 5.0.0.680. Good Luck!
    05-26-10 04:50 PM
    Hello all,

I was also having trouble loading this OS on my Bold 9700. I was previously running PwnCakes latest hybrid. Well the hybrid was listed as version 5.0.0.692 so it saw this update as a downgrade.

When installing:

-Delete the vendor file
    -run the loader file in apploader
    -when it gives you the choice to upgrade and keep existing apps or to downgrade some existing apps, CHOOSE TO DOWNGRADE
    -then just continue as you would any upgrade

I figured this out and now I am sucessfully running 5.0.0.680. Good Luck!
    Thanks so much, i was having the same issue
    05-26-10 04:53 PM
    I'm sticking with the one I have (.656). There's no reason for me to change, yet.

05-26-10 05:09 PM
    Thanks so much, i was having the same issue

Not a problem. I'm glad I could help
    05-26-10 05:15 PM
    good news, .680 is officially the first OS install that bricked my phone! the install process hung up on the restore portion, sitting at "restoring camera options" or something for about 10 minutes before just closing. then my phone decided to go white-screen app error 523 every 2 minutes.

fresh install, and i'm ok now.
    05-26-10 05:30 PM
    comming from .593 i havent seen much of a difference... the battery seems to be holding up better and my phone is able to lock a very good GPS signal very fast.
    05-26-10 06:39 PM
    Did the upgrade from .656, no issues, except I had to reinstall AppWorld. All my Apps work fine.

My free memory has dropped from 113 to 111 mb. mmm... Tried 3 battery pulls and checked I did not install any extra modules.. still the same..

So far i gave not found any differences with 656.
    Last edited by scouts36; 05-26-10 at 07:20 PM.
    05-26-10 06:49 PM
    Just upgraded (hesitantly) from .593 to this.. of course by now I realize that you need to give it a few days for the battery to settle. Other than that, everything else went smoothly! All apps are working fine and GPS does seem to lock better than before... seems like by now they've ironed out the OS'. Ready for 6.0
    05-26-10 07:32 PM
    Upgraded from .656 and everything is great except the battery... It drains like crazy! I was using bbm for about 30 mins straight and it went down 10%! I never had a problem with other versions. So I might wipe my device and load it back on later tonight. I always do a battery pull shortly after an upgrade. Unless I'm suppose to let my battery settle like others have been saying. I never had to with previous version. So that's why I'm thinking I should reload...

So other than the battery, everything runs great! Very fast and not lagging in anyway. The GPS picks up satellites extremely fast! Browsers is the same. Load up time is the same. Memory I think I lost about 1MB. Shazam doesn't work. Unless I'm suppose to load that older version first and then upgrade.
    Last edited by tamazoid; 05-26-10 at 07:56 PM.
    05-26-10 07:49 PM
    First full day. 6am to 9pm, at 75%. Good by me.

05-26-10 07:57 PM
    Upgraded from .656 and everything is great except the battery... It drains like crazy! I was using bbm for about 30 mins straight and it went down 10%! I never had a problem with other versions. So I might wipe my device and load it back on later tonight. I always do a battery pull shortly after an upgrade. Unless I'm suppose to let my battery settle like others have been saying. I never had to with previous version. So that's why I'm thinking I should reload...

So other than the battery, everything runs great! Very fast and not lagging in anyway. The GPS picks up satellites extremely fast! Browsers is the same. Load up time is the same. Memory I think I lost about 1MB. Shazam doesn't work. Unless I'm suppose to load that older version first and then upgrade.
    You've answered all of your own questions

1) Yes, you should let your battery settle down after an OS install
    2) No, wiping and reloading will make no difference whatsoever
    3) No, Shazam works fine...
    4) Yes, that's exactly what you should do to get it to work
    05-26-10 08:07 PM
296 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD