Will this "9700 OS5.0 East Asia" works for 9700 by T-Mobile? Thanks
    11-16-09 10:06 AM
    Software For BlackBerry� Bold (TM) 9700 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.541 (EastAsia)

Package Version: 5.0.0.541
    Consisting of:

* Applications: 5.0.0.344
    * Software Platform: 5.1.0.96
    * File name: 9700EastAsia_PBr5.0.0_rel541_PL5.1.0.96_A5.0.0.344 _Bell_Mobility_Inc.exe
    * File size: 142.56MB

Download HERE

1. Download the above OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
    2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
    3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

The process takes about 45 minutes to an hour depending on how much data you have to backup and restore during the process. Once it's done loading the new OS it will reboot (it may do this twice during the entire process.) You will see a white screen with an hourglass for up to 20 minutes at a time while the AppLoader says "waiting for initialization."
    If, for some reason, you end up with a white screen with small icons and the number 507, simply connect to the PC again and run Loader.exe again and it should load the OS to the device.
    11-16-09 10:08 AM
    Did you read the post directly above yours? ...

i got it on my tmobile bold 9700. Perfect , everything fixed !!! nomore reboots and everything works even my bb app world
    11-16-09 11:04 AM
    same thing happens with me, theres no update even thought it says versions r differnt
    Did some google searching. You have to disconnect your computer from the internet while you update. Everything went smoothly after I disconnected from my Wi-Fi.
    11-16-09 12:01 PM
    Mirror? 40 minutes to download?! Wow...

EDIT: It's done now! SMH!
    Last edited by HeavyComponent; 11-16-09 at 01:03 PM.
    11-16-09 12:05 PM
    Posted this in another thread.

My TMO 9700 is running on a Macau line. Its says its roaming when its not. Will installing this OS help?

How does this work with a Mac?

Thanks for helping!
    11-16-09 02:03 PM
    upgraded my 9700.. so far so good.
    11-16-09 02:26 PM
    An upgrade already? Damn... Worthwhile?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 02:29 PM
    it came with my telus 9700 ,but i removed all the asia language to make more room. if you are in North America and you don't need that.
    11-16-09 02:42 PM
    I'll be installing this when I get home.
    11-16-09 06:06 PM
    curious to know, how do i go back to stock 321 if i ever needed to? (rogers)
    11-16-09 06:47 PM
    I just got my 9700 from AT&T and I'm not sure I want to update it yet. oh what the heck... Going for it!
    11-16-09 06:54 PM
    also curious to know, does my bbm list get deleted? cause while doing the app loader wizard:

it says:

bbm: remove (unchecked)
    if i checkmark it, it changes to "downgrade"

hmMmm.

now i see two bbms in the list, i think i will get through it now, the one its removing is 4.7, the one its keeping is 5.0
    Last edited by silvershadowkat; 11-16-09 at 07:03 PM.
    11-16-09 06:57 PM
    I just got my 9700 from AT&T and I'm not sure I want to update it yet. oh what the heck... Going for it!
    Let us know how it goes compared to the AT&T OS.
    11-16-09 09:27 PM
    im using this new one on rogers. i seem to like everything except since the update..i cannot hold down del key to delete characters, i have to keep pressing it a whole bunch of times. i thought it was a setting in the options, but i cant seem to find it, anyone know about this?

well, to clarify, i have to keep pressing only on login/pass fields. it works fine while messaging.
    11-16-09 09:52 PM
    im using this new one on rogers. i seem to like everything except since the update..i cannot hold down del key to delete characters, i have to keep pressing it a whole bunch of times. i thought it was a setting in the options, but i cant seem to find it, anyone know about this?

well, to clarify, i have to keep pressing only on login/pass fields. it works fine while messaging.
    I haven't updated to this one yet, still using .321 that shipped with my 9700 and I am also unable to hold delete in a login/pass field. So, its not this new OS that caused that issue. Maybe will be fixed in a future OS? Anyhow, dl'ing now and installing sooooon!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-09 12:49 AM
    same problem for me!

moreover i can not modify numbers in the sim
    11-17-09 06:38 AM
    i still dont see what this is new OS is supposed to add? can anyone please elaborate what this adds/takes away or fixes??
    11-17-09 07:31 AM
    i still dont see what this is new OS is supposed to add? can anyone please elaborate what this adds/takes away or fixes??
    RIM don't usually release change logs... so we'll never know
    11-17-09 08:10 AM
    If you are experiencing no Caller ID from received messages, then your contact numbers are configured incorrectly.
    This is NOT a bug, just remove any spaces/brackets etc, and make sure your country code/area code/national number length options in Smart Dialling are set correctly
    I couldn't disagree more. I have been using blackberries forever, and have had basically the same contact list with additions move from my last 5 blackberries. And with one update I now have to go in and "fix" contacts so that when I receive a sms from them their name shows up properly? That is what I call a bug. Especially since on my 8900 using the same contact list with 5.0 OS it was not an issue... That is what we call a bug!
    11-17-09 12:13 PM
    On my 8900 with the latest 5.0 Beta OS I could choose which email accounts showed in the Message List. Does that function reappear in this OS for the Bold 9700? That was by far one of the most useful addition on OS 5.0 thus far.
    11-17-09 12:15 PM
    Got my 9700 today via amazon.de...

updated to .344, know i can`t set the clock...does anyone else have this problem??

Does your bezel fit 100% or do you too see little light coming trough between the bezel an the screen??(Just see this if its really dark around here)

thx

just found that my gps isn`t working although in the menu its activated...
    Last edited by Pascoback; 11-17-09 at 01:23 PM.
    11-17-09 01:06 PM
    I couldn't disagree more. I have been using blackberries forever, and have had basically the same contact list with additions move from my last 5 blackberries. And with one update I now have to go in and "fix" contacts so that when I receive a sms from them their name shows up properly? That is what I call a bug. Especially since on my 8900 using the same contact list with 5.0 OS it was not an issue... That is what we call a bug!
    That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. I too have been using berries for a while, and smartphones since they were invented, and I have never used or even heard of people using spaces/hyphens in contact numbers until now... especially mobile phone numbers! Maybe this is a UK/US thing, I don't know. Where and why would you even hyphenate a mobile number? Anyway, to me a 'bug' is something that affects everyone, and this doesn't. That's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it

On my 8900 with the latest 5.0 Beta OS I could choose which email accounts showed in the Message List. Does that function reappear in this OS for the Bold 9700? That was by far one of the most useful addition on OS 5.0 thus far.
    Yes.
    11-17-09 02:26 PM
    That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. I too have been using berries for a while, and smartphones since they were invented, and I have never used or even heard of people using spaces/hyphens in contact numbers until now... especially mobile phone numbers! Maybe this is a UK/US thing, I don't know. Where and why would you even hyphenate a mobile number? Anyway, to me a 'bug' is something that affects everyone, and this doesn't. That's my opinion, and I'm entitled to it
    Actually quite a few people I know with Blackberrys use hyphens and brackets for their contacts. It's the number format we've been accustomed to in the US and in Canada. Call it your "opinion" but it's something that's worked in the past and there's no reason to take this feature out now so I'd venture to say that someone dropped the ball somewhere.
    11-17-09 02:46 PM
    Did anyone have success using Shrink-A-OS with this OS?
    11-17-09 03:11 PM
150 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD