I have downloaded and installed, and have all apps back up and running. I tried to do OTA install for BBM 5, but it failed ( 907 Invalid COD Unable to import ZIP file). I know installs fail whenever in the Browser Configuration the Browser is "Rogers Mall", so normal I change that to "Internet Browser" than the install works no problem. However for some reason now the browser always reverts back to "Rogers Mall" even after I save the settings

*EDIT*

Just after I posted this I managed to get it to work by typijng in the blackberry mobile site. From there I was able to go to the BBM 5 download link that I had previously bookmarked, and it downloaded and installed after the reboot.
    Last edited by BoldMik; 09-16-09 at 06:13 AM.
    09-16-09 06:03 AM
    My VVM is gone after the upgrade. I tried to re-send service books and no sign of VVM. How do I get it back?
    VVM is an app and is not pushed to the device with service books (the provisioning is but not the app). Check all your folders and also select 'show all' on the application menu to make sure it's not hidden somewhere. If not, run loader.exe again and make sure the VVM app is checked this time and it will appear. It is packaged in with the OS but may have somehow not made it to your device during installation.
    09-16-09 06:43 AM
    I have downloaded and installed, and have all apps back up and running. I tried to do OTA install for BBM 5, but it failed ( 907 Invalid COD Unable to import ZIP file). I know installs fail whenever in the Browser Configuration the Browser is "Rogers Mall", so normal I change that to "Internet Browser" than the install works no problem. However for some reason now the browser always reverts back to "Rogers Mall" even after I save the settings

*EDIT*

Just after I posted this I managed to get it to work by typijng in the blackberry mobile site. From there I was able to go to the BBM 5 download link that I had previously bookmarked, and it downloaded and installed after the reboot.
    You can set your default browser in: browser > bb key > options > general properties > default browser. Make sure it is set to Internet Browser.
    09-16-09 06:45 AM
    Has anyone else noticed the louder speaker? Especially when using pandora or speaker phone. Pandora at near-max is pretty deafening now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-09 09:01 AM
    just a quick notice to east asian language users, this release does not include east asian language support. . .
    09-16-09 10:48 AM
    Went from .282 to AT&T's .297...and memory leak was awful. Went from .297 back to .282...and no problems whatsoever. Just had to go from .282 to this new .301 last night...and thumbnail pics take forever to load, if they load at all. Browser seems sluggish, and call quality is not nearly as good as .166 or .282. I feel like .301 is a half baked mistake...

So...went back to Rogers' .282 a few hours ago. I'll stay here until the "official" 5.0 drops.
    I guess I'm on the same boat. I'm gonna stay with my .237 which is hella old but I haven't had much issues with its performance.
    09-16-09 10:55 AM
    anyone having problems with BBM 5.0...when i upgraded it downgraded my BBM to the old version. So i tried to reinstall 5.0 n it said that "this program is not compatible with your device"...any takers?
    09-16-09 01:30 PM
    I have had no problems with BBM 5.0 nor experiemced the slowness of pictures loading or the browser. I am pleased much better battery life life still at 1/2 and normally at 1/4. it is also not getting HOT like mine did with usage when I had 297. Im pleased Morganizer what you testing now?
    09-16-09 04:28 PM
    anyone have the file thats not in a .exe format? Using a mac and I cant extract the file
    09-16-09 07:04 PM
    any significant improvements over .297 with this?
    09-16-09 07:05 PM
    Hello all, I was wanting to upgrade to the latest Bold OS. I had the .297 from AT&T until they pulled it temporarily. I "wiped" my Bold with JL and deleted my old .167 from my PC. I then followed step by step in downloading the .301 version. I deleted the .xml file, opened up DM and then plugged Bold into PC. Somehow, it reverts back to the .167 OS version, even though it's been deleted from my PC. I've gone over the intructions meticulously and have tried this a minimum of three times to no avail. Where/what step am I missing? I've upgraded Blackberry OS's numerous times with no glitches. Any advice??? Thanks so much in advance!!

RTB
    09-16-09 09:05 PM
    Hello all, I was wanting to upgrade to the latest Bold OS. I had the .297 from AT&T until they pulled it temporarily. I "wiped" my Bold with JL and deleted my old .167 from my PC. I then followed step by step in downloading the .301 version. I deleted the .xml file, opened up DM and then plugged Bold into PC. Somehow, it reverts back to the .167 OS version, even though it's been deleted from my PC. I've gone over the intructions meticulously and have tried this a minimum of three times to no avail. Where/what step am I missing? I've upgraded Blackberry OS's numerous times with no glitches. Any advice??? Thanks so much in advance!!

RTB
    You stated that you downloaded .301 and deleted vendor xml. Did you actually install it onto your pc? Also try installing using Apploader instead of DM. It will still prompt you to backup before it does the update. When you get to the screen where it shows the list of 4.6 core items to be installed hit the details button on the bottom right corner and it will tell you what the modules are. Good luck.

09-16-09 09:11 PM
    Yes, I downloaded once and clicked "Run" and another time clicked "Save" and deleted the vendor.xml file before plugging phone into computer. I am runing Desktop Manager 5.0v. It lists the .301, and when I "checkmark" that version and click "next" in says no update required. Thanks for your assistance and quick response Juliank!! Therefore, I'm still running .167....Hmmm

Last edited by RTB367; 09-16-09 at 10:02 PM.
    09-16-09 09:22 PM
    Yes, I downloaded once and clicked "Run" and another time clicked "Save" and deleted the vendor.xml file before plugging phone into computer. I am runing Desktop Manager 5.0v. It lists the .301, and when I "checkmark" that version and click "next" in says no update required. Thanks for your assistance and quick response Juliank!! Therefore, I'm still running .167....Hmmm
    Same here. Even though, DM doesn't even prompt me for an upgrade even though I made sure that .301 was installed countless times. I initialized loader.exe also, like in original post but nothing. I will try one last time...
    09-17-09 06:01 AM
    Good Luck dcy4pres!........If it works out for you I'd like to know what I've been doing wrong...
    09-17-09 06:18 AM
    Good Luck dcy4pres!........If it works out for you I'd like to know what I've been doing wrong...
    At this point, I would settle for anything other than .297 its slow and unresponsive. I even dled some beta versions but my dm is just not finding any updates, why??? any help is appreciated...
    09-17-09 08:29 AM
    I'm having the same problems as RCB and dcy with trying to install .301, sending me back to .167 even though that is deleted. Going through apploader isn't doing it either...
    09-17-09 09:29 AM
    I performed the upgrade yesterday without any problem - went from .282.

So far so good. Nothing really to report as of yet.
    The only observation I've noticed is the reboot time has improved.
    09-17-09 09:53 AM
    I have BBM5 on my phone from a OTA download, if I install this will it go back to 4.6 or what ever it was and my contacts will still be there so I can OTA back to 5.0?
    09-17-09 10:04 AM
    Just upgraded a few hours ago, and one significant improvement is the radio signal. Definitely much better compared to .297. Memory is slightly better, as it's at 57mb after couple hours of medium to heavy usage. Still not sure about batt life though. But I'm loving it so far. V recommended!

09-17-09 10:32 AM
    Updating at the moment using application loader...
    09-17-09 10:34 AM
    I just upgraded from 282.

When I'm not on WiFi, the browser is slower with an average time of 4 seconds to load a page from a bookmark. The blackberry browser takes about 10 seconds to load a page from a bookmark

Reboot time is the same, around 50 seconds.
    Loading thumbnails is a little faster, around 1 second per thumbnail instead of 5 seconds per thumbnail.

Memory is holding steady at 30MB free after a day. On 282 I was lucky to have 10MB free after a day.

Battery life has improved slightly. Usually by 10am I'm sitting at about 50% battery life. I'm at 75% right now.
    09-17-09 10:44 AM
    Installed and running fine.
    09-17-09 10:51 AM
    Downloaded and installed from .297 last night. Had to reset and send the service books a couple of times. VVM is up, pictures are loading a bit faster, and memory is up by 2-3 MB. Not sure yet with regards to battery life, definitely not worse. So far this is a keeper!

09-17-09 11:07 AM
    At this point, I would settle for anything other than .297 its slow and unresponsive. I even dled some beta versions but my dm is just not finding any updates, why??? any help is appreciated...
    I'm gonna remove DM 5.0v along with the current device OS (.167) from my PC. I will then redownload DM and .317 and JL my Bold. If this doesn't work, I will try the next "latest" greatest version. I will let you know how things go for me dcy4pres....
    09-17-09 12:17 PM
226 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD