Hi guys I just recently purchased my 1st every blackberry unit - the blackberry BOLD

Before I bought one I was able to browse through some reviews and most of it wrote that pre-installed messengers like Yahoo and MSN are already going to be in it but mine doesn't have any under the Downloads folder. Is this normal?

Second, I would like to ask help regarding downloading YM pls. I've been trying to figure it out for a couple of days now. You see I've read some of your answers in the other threads but there's still no success in trying them.

*When I download from my blackberry device,

1.) I go to browser then type www[dot]mobile[dot]blackberry[dot]com BUT upon doing so it says:

"The Blackberry HELP! website is designed for use with the Blackberry browser. Learn more about Blackberry here"

....so I find nothing. I try another url:

2.) I go to browser then jump to www[dot]blackberry[dot]com/yahoodownload BUT it says:

"Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 users: If you encounter an error, look at the top of the page for a yellow bar that reads "This site might require the following ActiveX control from Research in Motion. Click here to install..." Click the yellow bar and choose "Install ActiveX Control" to allow installation to proceed"

... THEN NOTHING HAPPENS at all.

Next, I try to download using the web.

1.) I go to blackberry[dot]com/yahoodownload again, connect my device, but in the end this is what is says:

"Unsupported Device

Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Yahoo! Messenger."

I'm running out of ideas. Someone help me pls? I'm running out of ideas. Thanks so much.

BTW, this is the version on my phone:

Blackberry 9000
    Smartphone (3G, Wifi)
    v4.6.0.125 (Platform 4.0.0.134)
    Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.5.48
    Branding Version: 1.0.107.26

Will appreciate all your help! Thanks
    Last edited by aksej; 09-29-08 at 09:08 PM. Reason: a lot of typo
    09-29-08 09:03 PM
    When you go to the blackberry help sit, either through the browser or the downloaded programs folder
    You will need to scroll down and find buttons which say "applications", "fun & games" etc. Click on "applications" then scroll down and find "staying in touch". You should then be taken to a list of programs whixh will include MSN and yahoo messenger. You will be able to download and install from there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-08 02:33 AM
    As above poster said. Also you can go to www.blackberry.com/instantmessaging on your Blackberry and choose which IM apps you want

Hope this helps.
    09-30-08 04:02 AM
    Here, try this out. On you're Web Browser go to www dot berryreview dot com & at the Top near the right side, Click on where it says 0ta. When U get to the 0ta page, scroll down to where it says
    Yahoo Messenger (more). Click on Yahoo Messenger ONLY. On the next page, the Language Selected should be English then click on NEXT. 0n the following page Scroll all the way down & click on ACCEPT & then NEXT & you should have the download page for you're BB Bold. Try that out N hope it helps you out.
    Last edited by 1Kool guy; 09-30-08 at 05:23 AM.
    09-30-08 05:08 AM
    Follow this for Windows Live Messenger as its often blocked or unsupported in your service books, plus known issues with downloading Windows Live on the Bold direct from the blackberry website (well i had issues, don't know if they have been fixed)

http:// forums.crackberry.com/f83/who-has-got-maps-orange-uk-me-s-who-70013/

Delete the space and copy (God i hate been a Noob). This link explains how you manipulate your Service Provider specific service books to allow WLM to work, plus it was also a nice work around for the Blackberry Maps Issue on Orange.

No idea about Yahoo, don't use it but it came pre-insalled for me.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by daltzski; 09-30-08 at 05:23 AM.
    09-30-08 05:20 AM
    By the way the Above works on all Service Providers, Not Just Orange

Thanks
    09-30-08 05:23 AM
    The above link is a GREAT work around for MSN windows live messenger, however Yahoo maessenger should just download and install , I have not heard of and carriers blocking Yahoo, only WLM
    09-30-08 05:35 AM
    Also, on Berryreview.com that site has Free Items that You can checkout too. Hope the info that I provided helps. Seeing as how you've tried everything else but overall there's quite a few of us here that'll help You & anyone else out as best we can.
    Good Luck! :-)
    09-30-08 05:35 AM
    A good work around is to go on the Mobile.Blackberry Site, on your Bold, from there go to Applications, Staying In Touch and then Download All of the IM Applications you need straight OTA, Direct to your phone? That should get around the PC based error messege of doom about the best blackberry ever not been supported.

Hope that works.
    09-30-08 06:08 AM
    I should really read these before i reply as i have just said what someone else has already put, oops, Sorry

But if two of us said it, it must be true
    09-30-08 06:12 AM
    As above poster said. Also you can go to www.blackberry.com/instantmessaging on your Blackberry and choose which IM apps you want

Hope this helps.
    I tried to download AIM this way and I am being told I do not meet the system requirements.
    09-30-08 12:09 PM
    I just got the blackberry bold but yahoo messenger and aim doesn't work for this phone when I went to the blackberry website.

PLEASE HELP!!
    11-07-08 06:01 AM
    Hello guy,
    You're very right, but I have a very great chanllenge with my bold, I installed just the way you instructed, but to my suprise it tells me "This devices is not enabled for this service", andd my fellow mates can do yahoo messenger and we're both on same plan and network. Help a bro mate....
    06-16-09 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD