Bought Bold tonight, altough not new but still in as new condition

Coming from HTC, this BB thing fairly new to me and i need help from all of you's

What do i need to be able to use the full potential of BB i.e BB Messenger, FB, etc? Is it just BB Plan or do i need web bolt on as well?

I'm on Orange UK at the moment and only with normal contract.

Many thanks
    08-15-09 05:29 PM
    All you need is Blackberry Internet Service. This will give you unlimited internet access and ability to use all BB functions. I'm on o2 so I do not know current Orange prices but I'm sure you'll find something good for your self. If you call Customer Service they will give you full details for sure...
    08-15-09 05:32 PM
    Oh so only BIS and that will include everything i need for BB basically

WIll do that on Monday i think

Thanks m8
    08-15-09 05:36 PM
    Orange will be able to upgrade you to a Blackberry plan but don't count on anything 'unlimited', (actually I don't understand why Trade Descriptions enforcement hasn't stopped the use of this term!).
    08-16-09 03:35 AM
    Yeah, I hate the UK's "unlimited!" culture. Especially when it can mean different things; consider o2 broadband and BT broadband. Both claim "unlimited!" but, well, big difference!

However yes, speak to Orange but typically you can get a Blackberry package where for ten quid (or so) you'll get both the data package, and the BIS account at Orange's end, which'll let things like push email, BBM, etc etc work.
    08-16-09 05:59 AM
    im on tmobile flext 50 and its ok but i heard o2 are the BEST
    08-16-09 07:24 AM
    So how many mb do i need if i just use it for BBM and FB?

Thanks
    08-16-09 08:07 AM
    Willykatie contact orange and say you want blackberry internet service.

However, I advise you to ask them what blackberry internet service consists of, because for vodafone its just emails, I had to pay £5 extra to get the full email + internet package but then I got a friend who works there to sort me out.

So basically make sure its emails and internet plus 'unlimited' as they say.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 08:12 AM
    Ok, will do that.

Thanks a lot for your help
    08-16-09 08:45 AM
    It's all here Katie

BlackBerry¬ģ Internet Service tariffs | Orange business

500mb for £5 is pretty good and more than enough for what you wish to use it for.
    08-16-09 08:59 AM
    How did you manage to find that? Was on Orange nearly all day yesterday and didn't even manage to find that page

So is that mean that my contract will start again as i only have around 6 months left at the moment
    08-16-09 09:22 AM
    Google is my friend

If you take the BB plan as an add on to your currrent contract I think it will last only for the duration of that contract. If you were to do a new voice plan with it then the minimum contract is 12 months.

I am not an Orange customer so I would advise you to double check this with them.
    08-16-09 09:36 AM
    Yeah i'll find out with them as i prefer just to add rather than a whole new contract
    08-16-09 12:03 PM
    Got my Bold and to my surprised it's lighter than my HTC Touch HD

Anyway, was on the phoned with Orange so basically only £5 for unlimited email and i can use BBM, etc

How to disable Bluetooth, wi-fi, etc? Also on the home/main screen, can i change the menu at the bottom?

Thanks
    08-18-09 07:07 AM
    To disable bluetooth and wifi select your Manage connections icon and uncheck those options. You can also disable Bluetooth by selecting options > Bluetooth > menu > disable.

To put the icons you want on the homescreen highlight the icon hit the menu key (button with BB logo) and select move, move the icon to the top row and hit the trackball or menu > complete move to place it there. It is the 5 icons in the top row which show on the homescreen.

Enjoy your new Bold
    08-18-09 02:02 PM
    Just found out how to do that. Thanks m8
    08-18-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD