08-26-08 01:19 PM
28 12
tools
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, never had a blackberry, spent hours reading forums and specs and eventually got fed up and took the plunge!!

I think I got a pretty good deal, I could have had a bit better in terms of monthly payment but there was a little sweetener at the end... and the fact I got it there and then...

firstly...called round orange shops until I found one that said they had one in... scooted down there in anticipation and lo and behold the guy says "i was sure I had one in"... what a tosser.. he could have checked before I drove 20 miles... anyhow.. he looks to get one from another shop 3 miles away but after discussing price it was clear he wasnt going to do anything and certainly not match online so I just said not to bother..

However, headed down to the other shop with the aim of seeing the bold in the flesh before going home and ordering online..

Immediately liked it.. is seems smaller than the 8800 even though they are the same size.. did the numbers, had a little discussion and got what I thought was a very good deal...

600 minutes to any network, anytime
    unlimted text messages
    "unlimited" email and data ... ahem
    for........

49.99 up front and 37.50 per month on 18 month contract. Could have saved 5 for 24 month contract but didnt want to tie in for too long.

icing on the cake?.... new store only opened two weeks ago and I got a free...yes "free"..... 8GB Ipod Touch...

hoooochammaammma
    08-24-08 03:19 PM
    Congrats!
    08-24-08 03:21 PM
    Congrats . Welcome to BB and CB!
    08-24-08 03:22 PM
    Congrats and Welcome!!
    08-24-08 03:40 PM
    Hi shearab, newbie aswell.

Just wondering from what store did you get your bold from?
    08-25-08 05:07 AM
    Nice one! Can you pick my lottery numbers this week? Lol

Welcome to the forum!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-08 06:01 AM
    Welcome and congrats on your buy..
    08-25-08 06:09 AM
    Welcome to CB!!!!
    08-25-08 09:27 AM
    Hello and welcome!
    08-25-08 09:45 AM
    Sweet! I'm jealous, AT&T has yet to even say when they are going to release it. I sold my Curve and I'm beginning to miss my PIN and BB messenger a little. Hurry up already AT&T!!!
    08-25-08 10:11 AM
    Welcome! Newbie here as well. I will be picking one up pretty soon my self and hopefully get a good plan as well.
    08-25-08 10:13 AM
    A very warm welcome to CB also Prof101, and good luck on finding a great deal on your new Bold.
    08-25-08 10:45 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, never had a blackberry, spent hours reading forums and specs and eventually got fed up and took the plunge!!

I think I got a pretty good deal, I could have had a bit better in terms of monthly payment but there was a little sweetener at the end... and the fact I got it there and then...

firstly...called round orange shops until I found one that said they had one in... scooted down there in anticipation and lo and behold the guy says "i was sure I had one in"... what a tosser.. he could have checked before I drove 20 miles... anyhow.. he looks to get one from another shop 3 miles away but after discussing price it was clear he wasnt going to do anything and certainly not match online so I just said not to bother..

However, headed down to the other shop with the aim of seeing the bold in the flesh before going home and ordering online..

Immediately liked it.. is seems smaller than the 8800 even though they are the same size.. did the numbers, had a little discussion and got what I thought was a very good deal...

600 minutes to any network, anytime
    unlimted text messages
    "unlimited" email and data ... ahem
    for........

49.99 up front and 37.50 per month on 18 month contract. Could have saved 5 for 24 month contract but didnt want to tie in for too long.

icing on the cake?.... new store only opened two weeks ago and I got a free...yes "free"..... 8GB Ipod Touch...

hoooochammaammma
    Thats a really good deal, i feel like giving in (im currently waiting for voda or t-mobile release) and trying my luck at my local orange shop.

2 deal breakers would be for me... is the fair usage policy pitched low e.g 200m or lower (is there one) ?

also whats the 3G experience been for you so far.

I know that this will vary from different location but I havent heard too many good things about orange 3g

Congrats on the find
    08-25-08 01:23 PM
    Welcome to CB Champ1... however if you are waiting for Vodafone to release the Bold in the UK, it is strongly rumoured to be next Monday (1st September) so it might just be worth waiting for a few more days to see what they have to offer!
    08-25-08 01:43 PM
    Positively spiffing deal!
    08-25-08 02:25 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!
    08-25-08 02:27 PM
    is the fair usage policy pitched low e.g 200m or lower (is there one)
    Welcome to CB Champ.

Orange's fair use policy is 250mb.
    08-25-08 02:28 PM
    Welcome to CB!! congrats on the bold!
    08-25-08 02:29 PM
    Hi shearab, newbie aswell.

Just wondering from what store did you get your bold from?
    newcraighall in edinburgh...
    08-25-08 03:13 PM
    congrats on your berry and welcome to the site.
    08-25-08 03:18 PM
    Thats a really good deal, i feel like giving in (im currently waiting for voda or t-mobile release) and trying my luck at my local orange shop.

2 deal breakers would be for me... is the fair usage policy pitched low e.g 200m or lower (is there one) ?

also whats the 3G experience been for you so far.

I know that this will vary from different location but I havent heard too many good things about orange 3g

Congrats on the find
    250 mb fair usage and to be honest I have no idea how far that will go.. however it should be a case that they just send you a letter (3 times apparently) if you go over.. not sure how they legally stand really as they advertise it as "unlimited"

3G is ok, seen edge a few trimes but also had some 3g with the blackberry... no problems not reconnecting as has been reported by some people.

Lots of configurations and options.. sure I have dialled some people by accident

What swung it for me (apart fromt the ipod lol) was that the data and email was only 2.50 (rather than 10) if you signed up this month!
    08-25-08 03:18 PM
    250 mb fair usage and to be honest I have no idea how far that will go.. however it should be a case that they just send you a letter (3 times apparently) if you go over.. not sure how they legally stand really as they advertise it as "unlimited"

3G is ok, seen edge a few trimes but also had some 3g with the blackberry... no problems not reconnecting as has been reported by some people.

Lots of configurations and options.. sure I have dialled some people by accident

What swung it for me (apart fromt the ipod lol) was that the data and email was only 2.50 (rather than 10) if you signed up this month!
    Thanks, I think 250mb still might be a bit too low for me so Im going to hang on for vodafone (thanks for the heads up Montala) or maybe t-mobile
    08-25-08 03:38 PM
    newcraighall in edinburgh...
    Thanks for getting back to me, think all the stores in London have stopped doing the free ipod touch, (keep getting told it was while stocks last).

Great deal you got, but Edinburgh is out of my way. Well done though.
    08-25-08 05:31 PM
    yay... Congrats and welcome
    08-25-08 05:32 PM
    Hi guys,

Thought I'd jump into this intro thread too!

Like Sheareb I am a new BB user (I was previously a Sidekick devotee)
    I got the Bold from my local Orange shop (Kingston Upon Thames) on Sunday 24th -

Here's my deal -

Free handset
    850 anytime minutes
    550 text messages
    250 MB internet (90p per MB over)
    + BB service pack

18 months at 36.00 (sorry, don't have pound symbol on laptop!)

I had a contract with TMobile and I called them about an upgrade - even though I have been a customer for 2+ years - they were still going to give me 700 mins, 400 texts + BB internet for 37.50 PCM, and as we know, they stil don't even have the Bold! No thanks TM!

Bit annoyed that AIM doesn't seem to be suported by the Bold - am going to have a job trying to convert all my contacts to Yahoo! or Gchat.

Cheers,

Aston
    08-26-08 12:12 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD