Now you talking my arena HIPAA as a Systems Analyst in Radiology our Dr.'s iPads are working great in seeing images and YES they have passed all the regulations to do so. Our PACS system now has a mobility server for the iPhone and iPad. So tell me Nurse know it all, how do my Dr.'s do that? Oh and by the way it's HIPAA not HIPPA.............
    Angry much? Even healthcare providers get the HIPAA acronym wrong half the time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-11 08:21 AM
    Blackberry has the same type of cult like community. It is simply smaller, and, thus, not nearly as vocal.
    Well it looks like you read the first sentence of my post, try putting it in context with the last one about apple cultists having a holier than thou attitude and it should clear that up for you.
    07-22-11 08:22 AM
    I think ipod, iphone being the best media player is subjective also. Advertising and media play such a large part in what people believe or what they want people to believe.
    07-22-11 08:26 AM
    Angry much? Even healthcare providers get the HIPAA acronym wrong half the time.

I wont hold it against him since he is a radiologist. Those guys deal with alot of frustration every single day. The ones at my prison were always really nasty to us, I figured though it was how they were being treated so I filed a grievance on their behalf and won them all a few big fat checks. Since then they have been pretty cool.
    07-22-11 08:27 AM
    Now you talking my arena HIPAA as a Systems Analyst in Radiology our Dr.'s iPads are working great in seeing images and YES they have passed all the regulations to do so. Our PACS system now has a mobility server for the iPhone and iPad. So tell me Nurse know it all, how do my Dr.'s do that? Oh and by the way it's HIPAA not HIPPA.............
    To answer your question though I dont know how they are getting away with it. If I worked there though I would try filing a grievance or complaint to the inspector general and see what happens. Sometimes its fun to throw spaggetti on the wall and see what sticks.
    07-22-11 08:31 AM
    I wont hold it against him since he is a radiologist. Those guys deal with alot of frustration every single day. The ones at my prison were always really nasty to us, I figured though it was how they were being treated so I filed a grievance on their behalf and won them all a few big fat checks. Since then they have been pretty cool.

I would actually be upset if you could read. I am a Systems Analyst.......

And quite frankly you can view images on any device. But when it comes to a Diagnostic reading the displays have to be FDA approved.
    07-22-11 08:32 AM
    Brilliant, thank you, I wish I knew about librivox sooner, gonna make my driving a lot easier.

The quality of some of the recordings isn't great because it is voluntary

BUT!! I have to say I drive about 100,000km/60,000miles per year in addition to at least 20h in the air flying, having Audiobooks is so much nicer than music.
    07-22-11 08:39 AM
    Ok enough with the bickering back and forth. Everyone's entitled to their opinion. No sense in getting personal about all of this and attacking others.

I will say to the people who have been posting recently, the iPhone is very much being used in the Enterprise sector. And will continue to do so, and do it well with BES for iOS. It's not a "toy" now, but once it utilizes BES most of the current iPhone arguments will be moot.
    bhavi_jp likes this.
    07-22-11 08:46 AM
    The quality of some of the recordings isn't great because it is voluntary

BUT!! I have to say I drive about 100,000km/60,000miles per year in addition to at least 20h in the air flying, having Audiobooks is so much nicer than music.
    Yeah, def beats music. I've been using the Kindle's text to speech feature, a bit robotic but you get used to it.

07-22-11 09:05 AM
    Media on BlackBerry is a joke compared to iPhone. The iPhone has an iPod built-in, and there's no denying that iPods are the poster-boy for portable media devices, so to say you left iOS so you could be more 'free' with your media is ridiculous. Needless to say my Torch skipped every single song I put on it every 15 or so seconds (they worked great on my iPhone 4).

The whole 'Apple fans are like sheep' BS is played-out to no end.
    Nonsense.

In fact it is the other way around. My Torch plays whatever I want however I want. The interface requires less actions than IPhone. It is compatible with more formats than IPhone. It is not proprietary like IPhone. Has what is simply the very very best Podcast app on the planet. Etc. Etc.

You may want to highlight how it's a joke rather than just say it's a joke.
    07-22-11 09:32 AM
    9900 wins hand down

the i phone browser is too small and unstructured for arial fonts
    07-22-11 09:55 AM
    9900 wins hand down

the i phone browser is too small and unstructured for arial fonts
    The 9900's browser is not faster than the browser on the iPhone 4. It's not faster than an iPhone with iOS 5 either. Trust me there will be plenty of comparisons when the 9900 is released.
    The 9900 is close but not faster. But that's not the point. The point is BlackBerry's now have a competent speedy browser. It doesn't have to be the fastest. It just has to be better than OS6's browser and that it is. )
    Phil DeLong and purijagmohan like this.
    07-22-11 11:13 AM
    Media on BlackBerry is a joke compared to iPhone. The iPhone has an iPod built-in, and there's no denying that iPods are the poster-boy for portable media devices, so to say you left iOS so you could be more 'free' with your media is ridiculous. Needless to say my Torch skipped every single song I put on it every 15 or so seconds (they worked great on my iPhone 4).

The whole 'Apple fans are like sheep' BS is played-out to no end.
    Is the iPhone a Phone with an iPod built in, or is it an iPod with a phone built in...hmmmmm
    07-22-11 11:15 AM
    These arguments are so tired. I wish we lived in a world where people could just be happy with the phone they have without feeling the need to put down the choices of others.
    07-22-11 11:50 AM
    Like I have been saying they should have released this 9900 a year or more ago to compete against iPhone 4. That would have helped them, but now many people have made the move to Apple. Many others are looking at making the leap in the near future.
    07-22-11 11:51 AM
    Excuse me Freedom of Media IS a reason to leave the Apple world

I am able to get my Audiobook for free from librivox and have them listed as Audiobook, iOS devices don't recognize non apple purchased Audiobooks and force you to put them into MUSIC.

I do not require special software to transfer music/videos/files from one PC to the next PC to the Next PC having Mass Storage Mode.

That is freedom of media, it has little to do with how one plays back media it has everything to do with how one obtains and utilizes media.
    Sure you need to have iTunes, big deal, it's not like it costs money. Plus, you're failing to see the benefit of requiring one single, solid, free program to manage your media; it makes it easier and simple to have one 'base' where everything can be done by the press of a couple buttons. Some people might not want to download iTunes or have it on their computer for whatever reason, but I would take using one good program for my media than some drag-and-drop SD card method. In my experience, it is much more difficult to edit media information when it is just in some folder on my media device; whereas when I use iTunes, I just right-click, 'get info' and then I can smooth out the everything I need to. To me, that's freedom; I need iTunes, but it definitely makes it much easier to transfer media and even edit it.

Almost none of my 923 songs, 51 videos, 520 photos and 69 apps on my iPhone were purchased through the App Store, yet it was simple to put them onto iTunes and then onto my iPhone. I never had it as easy on my BlackBerry, which also needed, maybe not required, the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, quite possibly the buggiest, laggiest program I've ever downloaded.

Nonsense.

In fact it is the other way around. My Torch plays whatever I want however I want. The interface requires less actions than IPhone. It is compatible with more formats than IPhone. It is not proprietary like IPhone. Has what is simply the very very best Podcast app on the planet. Etc. Etc.

You may want to highlight how it's a joke rather than just say it's a joke.
    It's a joke in the sense that BlackBerry is far less user friendly than iPhone when it comes to media. Like I said in my original post, the only BlackBerry I ever had, a Torch, was insanely laggy when connected to my computer - and when it wasn't - and the desktop manager program was awful - it lagged, wouldn't allow me to add things I wanted to, crashed multiple times etc. All I wanted to do was get my music on the phone so I could listen to it, that's all, but once I finally managed to do that, every single track would skip every few seconds. My iPhone, all I have to do is plug it into the computer and it basically does the rest (the same tracks that skipped on my Torch never had any playback problems on any of my five total iDevices).
    07-22-11 01:23 PM
    Different strokes for different folks. I don't use DM or sync as I have select media on my phone and not my whole library which wouldn't fit anyway. Windows explorer, select, copy, paste, done.
    07-22-11 01:31 PM
    Sure you need to have iTunes, big deal, it's not like it costs money. Plus, you're failing to see the benefit of requiring one single, solid, free program to manage your media; it makes it easier and simple to have one 'base' where everything can be done by the press of a couple buttons. Some people might not want to download iTunes or have it on their computer for whatever reason, but I would take using one good program for my media than some drag-and-drop SD card method. In my experience, it is much more difficult to edit media information when it is just in some folder on my media device; whereas when I use iTunes, I just right-click, 'get info' and then I can smooth out the everything I need to. To me, that's freedom; I need iTunes, but it definitely makes it much easier to transfer media and even edit it.

Almost none of my 923 songs, 51 videos, 520 photos and 69 apps on my iPhone were purchased through the App Store, yet it was simple to put them onto iTunes and then onto my iPhone. I never had it as easy on my BlackBerry, which also needed, maybe not required, the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, quite possibly the buggiest, laggiest program I've ever downloaded.

YOU do not see it as a Big Deal which is fine, everyone is different, but I have Media Sync if I need it, with Blackberry,
    BUT having 6 Computers in my home, traveling with 2 computers, and potentially connecting to upwards of 75 computers a year with my Blackberry based on Hotel needs and friends I visit in my travels the iTunes model DOES NOT WORK,
    The fact that I must PAY for Apples audiobooks if I wish to have Audiobooks on my device makes iTunes Cost money, the difference being approximately $60 in 2010, not much for for less convince and more money iTunes does not seem well

I have always found iTunes to be the buggiest software ever installed on a PC, mind you they may have fixed that in the last 12 months but I was happy to uninstall it when I finally made use of my last iOS product upon purchasing my Blackberry Torch.

it is GREAT that iTunes works for some, and it does.
    BUT it does not negate the fact it is a very closed system compared to other system when linked to an iOS device.
    07-22-11 01:38 PM
    YOU do not see it as a Big Deal which is fine, everyone is different, but I have Media Sync if I need it, with Blackberry,
    BUT having 6 Computers in my home, traveling with 2 computers, and potentially connecting to upwards of 75 computers a year with my Blackberry based on Hotel needs and friends I visit in my travels the iTunes model DOES NOT WORK,
    The fact that I must PAY for Apples audiobooks if I wish to have Audiobooks on my device makes iTunes Cost money, the difference being approximately $60 in 2010, not much for for less convince and more money iTunes does not seem well

I have always found iTunes to be the buggiest software ever installed on a PC, mind you they may have fixed that in the last 12 months but I was happy to uninstall it when I finally made use of my last iOS product upon purchasing my Blackberry Torch.

it is GREAT that iTunes works for some, and it does.
    BUT it does not negate the fact it is a very closed system compared to other system when linked to an iOS device.
    Although iTunes itself is free, it offers products to its users, but that doesn't mean it isn't free. iTunes is free.

Nothing will ever satisfy the needs of every single person, so it's good that there are options. Like I said, what some may see as a downfall, others see as a benefit. To each his own.
    07-22-11 01:44 PM
    This is pretty easy to settle the iPhone 4 vs. Bold 9900...

What one works best for you?

But, I can buy an iPhone 4 today, and can't buy a Bold 9900 until when? Oh, that's right, you can't buy it...

See, easy as pie...
    07-22-11 02:00 PM
    Wow. For I while there I thought blackberry fanboys are Pissy when their device loses. I didn't know how petty these things have become. iPhone fanboys are just as Pissy. AnOther head-to-head there ...8-/
    07-22-11 04:14 PM
    This isn't seriously your argument, is it?

There is absolutely no problem in being given multiple alternatives. 99% of the time you'll know exactly what app you're looking for, and even when you don't, the most popular and plausible answer for your search is very easy to find.

There would not be any problems if the App Store had three times the amount of apps it has now.
    I dont think anyone can honestly say they pefer less choices. I think the point was that even though blackberry only has a measly 30000 apps or so, each of us only installs 20-50 of them. And among that 30k is plenty of gadgets, tools, and handy features.

There are pros and cons for each to be honest, so I will discuss both and share my experience. I used to tollerate the blackberry appworld before having an iphone. I wanted the cool games and what not, they have some really nice high graphic quality rpg games on that app store. And this is true, the have a wide selection of high quality detailed apps in no small part because they dont store them on the ram but on the disk itself. It was great, but there were drawbacks too.

For example, the app store didnt really have alot of options for searching the app store. With as many apps available they should have broken it down more and allowed for more comprehensive searches. Also apple severly limits the functionality of their apps. The app can only do what the app does in itself, it cannot integrate with the phone in any meaningful way. A good example of this would be call blocker, you can use that to block telemarketers and what not. I tried to find one on the app store and all I got was an extra 1000 additions to my phone book of common telemarketer numbers. What a pain, I cant see why they would allow that but not the other.

The blackberry apps allow for alot of the gadgets and tools you would want, while its true it doesnt have the games, I found I would rather have more tools tbh.

I think we can all agree that this playbook app world has left much to be desired though! I am glad they are moving towards an emulator because I really dont want to just wait for them to make five years worth of apps for this.
    07-23-11 08:30 AM
    can't compare 2.5" screen with 3.5" screen.
    2.5" screen is too small - good only for mobile sites. 3.5" is barely tolerable - good for mobile sites, and it works in iphone because there are no flash ads so it's simpler. 4- 4.3" is good for browsing.
    try to load a full website with flash on 2.5" is pointless.
    07-23-11 09:38 AM
    I want to see this against the OG evo. IPhone has been getting slapped around by more than a few Android powered devices. So this isn't that exciting. I'm in love with the bold. Bold and Evo for meee

07-23-11 12:00 PM
    I want to see this against the OG evo. IPhone has been getting slapped around by more than a few Android powered devices. So this isn't that exciting. I'm in love with the bold. Bold and Evo for meee

If the old Torch can beat them, then the new models will destroy them.

View vid here:

It's a joke in the sense that BlackBerry is far less user friendly than iPhone when it comes to media. Like I said in my original post, the only BlackBerry I ever had, a Torch, was insanely laggy when connected to my computer - and when it wasn't - and the desktop manager program was awful - it lagged, wouldn't allow me to add things I wanted to, crashed multiple times etc. All I wanted to do was get my music on the phone so I could listen to it, that's all, but once I finally managed to do that, every single track would skip every few seconds. My iPhone, all I have to do is plug it into the computer and it basically does the rest (the same tracks that skipped on my Torch never had any playback problems on any of my five total iDevices).
    Sorry man, but your very very wrong, the Torch is miles apart when it comes to speed of loading music movies, freedom from proprietary restraints, ease of operation, reliability of playback as well as user interface options.

Here is a vid made specially for you, notice how fast and easy it is to do multi media on my Torch, and no, you can't beat how I have a physical button on top to play/pause my music whether in pocket or holster, you can't do that.

View vid here:

07-23-11 12:49 PM
115 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD