Well just received this 9650 as a replacement for my Tour. I am not sure I like it as much as the ball. Overall I think is is a better phone.

The Tour was my first Blackberry and well I seem to like it very well. I just decided to get a bluetooth headset for talking if I am driving.

It was a hard decision between the Blueant Q1 and this Jawbone Icon.

I ended up with the Jawbone Icon. I hope this was a good choice.

Please let me know what yall think about the two that I have mentioned.
    06-27-10 07:16 PM
    Came from a 9630 and love the trackpad. I also use the Jawbone Icon and Love it, easy to use good fit and overall great!
    06-27-10 07:43 PM
    Just Give it some Time. I didn't like the trackpad at first but after using it for two weeks I love it and could not imagine going back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-10 08:36 PM
    I've got the Icon and it appears to work reasonably well.

As for the trackpad - well, I no longer have ocd when touching the keypad/ball. I mean who knows what fouls it up - grit, cat dander, dust or even moisture on my fingers. It is not as pronounced or prominent above the keypad so it does take getting use to it.
    06-27-10 09:25 PM
    I love trackpad I could never think of using the ball ever now that the trackpad is here, it's so much better.
    06-27-10 09:58 PM
    Lovin' the track pad!!! the ball sucked, imo.
    06-28-10 12:18 AM
    I didn't like the trackpad at first, but now I love it. I was more accurate with the ball, but it would make my thumb slightly sore as I continued to push down on it to make selections. I don't have that issue with the trackpad any longer.

06-28-10 04:32 AM
    I've never used a BB before but I think I am kind of loving the trackpad, after a few days. I despise with passion trackpads on laptops, but this is different. I was concerned about selecting things accidentally but that has not been a problem for me since it takes a touch of concerted pressure to select something and that doesn't seem to be happening to me. We'll see... Sorry I don't have anything BB-wise to compare it to.

I received by BB from work. They just started offering the 9650 and finally decided I needed one. There is no apparent slant to my trackpad. I did not receive the ups packaging so I don't know where it came from. Berryweather (paid) is my only 3rd-party app so far. I tried a couple of themes but like the vzw one better, for now.

Thanks,

sj
    06-28-10 08:04 AM
    Felt the same way, but after using the bold for a few weeks, love the trackpad. Tried the Icon, but as with all Aliph headsets, the sound in my ear was so tinny and hollow I couldn't stand it.
    06-28-10 08:42 AM
    I love the pad now over the ball. But on days that are sort of humid.....it can be difficult if their is moisture on my thumb. But overall, it's great and I can honestly say the 9650 is the device the 9630 should have been.
    06-28-10 08:44 AM
    I didn't like the trackpad for about the first few hours. It was too fast it seemed and I wondered if I could figure out a setting to "slow it down" lol After the first day I adjusted and I have no problem with moisture on my hands like some people either. I had sold my curve about a week after I got my bold and did some adjusting to wipe the curve and it was totally weird going back to the trackball. I'm sure you'll get used to it as well, just give it time. The trackpad takes a lot less effort thats for sure.
    06-28-10 08:58 AM
    I think it is growing on me. I think that it will be better 6 to 8 months down the road.
    06-28-10 07:16 PM
    Yep, give it a while and you get used to it. The trackball caused my thumb to hurt also.
    06-28-10 07:18 PM
    I've had the Icon for a few months now and love it. The fact that it's so lightweight you don't need to use an ear hook is my favorite feature. As for the trackpad, give it a little time and you'll never think about a trackball again. You always have to be ocd about keeping your hands clean before touching the trackball, and not so much with a trackpad.
    06-28-10 10:42 PM
    I've had the Icon for a few months now and love it. The fact that it's so lightweight you don't need to use an ear hook is my favorite feature. As for the trackpad, give it a little time and you'll never think about a trackball again. You always have to be ocd about keeping your hands clean before touching the trackball, and not so much with a trackpad.
    Yes, I always thought I needed to autoclave my fingers and when 3 of us shared my 8830 while in Europe, there were repeated warning to CLEAN YOUR HANDS!
    06-28-10 11:02 PM
    How did you get replacement for your Tour as a Bold? I've had my Tour since launch and still have the trackball...I use a Storm2 instead, but I'n thinking of going back to a Tour/Bold..
    06-28-10 11:12 PM
    If your Tour is causing functional problems, report it to Verizon, they will either send a out a Tour FRU or a Bold FRU as a replacement... More likely you will get a replacement Tour.
    06-29-10 07:39 AM
    Yep, give it a while and you get used to it. The trackball caused my thumb to hurt also.
    How hard were you pressing on the ball that it made your thumb hurt? I have to barely touch mine.
    06-29-10 07:59 AM
    How hard were you pressing on the ball that it made your thumb hurt? I have to barely touch mine.
    The trackball used to cause my thumbs to hurt as well. I'm on my phone a lot. Constantly pressing on the trackball as much as I was doing could have been a reason. Perhaps the angle at which I was pressing it could have been a factor as well. All I know is, my thumb feels so much better now using the trackpad.

06-29-10 08:06 AM
    I like the trackpad much better since changing the sensitivity to 60 both horizontal and vertical.
    06-29-10 09:18 AM
    I don't know if this is the proper thread but....

How new/old is the BB's trackpad technology? Has it been real-world tested for months or years? I know it is on other BB devices but I have no idea how long those have been around. Obviously, the trackBALL had been around but Rim moved it interior to the phone making servicing/cleaning it nearly impossible.

I'm hoping that the trackPAD will last and work well over the year or two or three.....
    06-29-10 10:39 AM
    The trackball used to cause my thumbs to hurt as well. I'm on my phone a lot. Constantly pressing on the trackball as much as I was doing could have been a reason. Perhaps the angle at which I was pressing it could have been a factor as well. All I know is, my thumb feels so much better now using the trackpad.

I'm glad that you thumb is good now!
    06-29-10 06:59 PM
    gotta say loving the trackpad...
    06-29-10 09:54 PM
    I prefer the trackpad 100% I also have the Jawbone icon and like it a lot but sometimes it has issues staying in my ear. Other than that it is awesome. Best BT I have ever used
    06-29-10 10:48 PM
    How did you get replacement for your Tour as a Bold? I've had my Tour since launch and still have the trackball...I use a Storm2 instead, but I'n thinking of going back to a Tour/Bold..
    I am guessing they were out of stock? or they are tire of having issues. I have noticed that it is not on their site any longer
    06-30-10 10:47 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD