Just think about it. From a business standpoint why would tmobile release the 9860. They have the rumored iphone 5 coming and every new HTC touchscreen phone that launches. It will have tmobile bands so if you can find an unlocked one... Good on you. But that's the only way you will get one. I know it hurts but its the truth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Verizon is releasing the 9850 as well and has the iPhone for sure.
    07-31-11 10:48 PM
    Verizon is releasing the 9850 as well and has the iPhone for sure.
    But tmobile sucks android off more than any other carrier. Especially with their we were the first to offer android mentality.

07-31-11 10:58 PM
    the Bold 9780 is being offered by T-Mo for free until Aug 4th - web only - with new contract of course. So, good way to push out some stock before the REAL Bold arrives. yay
    08-01-11 08:10 AM
    I was shopping today and happened to be next to a T-Mobile store and I decided to go in and have a talk. I spoke with the manager and see if he had any information on the release date.

He said, "The new bold should be releasing late August to September, I have a meeting in two weeks regarding the new bold."

If he's going to a meeting in two weeks about it.. Maybe it will be released around late August? What are your thoughts on the release date?
    08-01-11 01:43 PM
    I was shopping today and happened to be next to a T-Mobile store and I decided to go in and have a talk. I spoke with the manager and see if he had any information on the release date.

He said, "The new bold should be releasing late August to September, I have a meeting in two weeks regarding the new bold."

If he's going to a meeting in two weeks about it.. Maybe it will be released around late August? What are your thoughts on the release date?
    Well, leaks have shown T-Mobile is slated for an Aug 17 release with the 9900. Nothing is certain until we hear official word from them though. Plans change. With signs of most carriers pointing to August, I would say it could happen.
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-01-11 02:00 PM
    My T-mo store guy (same guy I have been bugging for almost 2 years now about this) said "late August" is all he can say. This was a way different response to the many other times I have inquired about a touch bold. I think they know but have death threats about leaking anything. And if the sales reps know then it is really getting close cause they aren't told crap, IMO.

Chad
    08-01-11 03:34 PM
    Looks like T-Mobile will be getting it on Aug 31st...

Leak mentions August 31st launch date for T-Mobile's BlackBerry Bold 9900 - Phone Arena
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-01-11 06:29 PM
    Sheesh! We've finally reached the month of August & we still have to wait 30 days! Ah well, we're gettin there, slowly but surely.

08-01-11 06:38 PM
    Beat me to it! At least we now have a release date! 30 more days to go...

Any estimate of the pricing with and without contract for T-Mobile?
    08-01-11 06:41 PM
    I dunno but I remember the Bold 9780's price dropping $50 on day 15 after launch. Rep was gracious enough to give me the credit but I'm curious, whatever the initial price is, how soon they'll have a sale on it.

08-01-11 06:45 PM
    FML. I wonder if they'll start taking preorders soon.

I want to order it, sell my 9700, shift back to my Sidekick 2009 for two weeks then bam to my new Berry.

08-01-11 06:52 PM
    FML. I wonder if they'll start taking preorders soon.

I want to order it, sell my 9700, shift back to my Sidekick 2009 for two weeks then bam to my new Berry.

Sounds like a sound plan. I wonder how you will survive 2 weeks without BBM and a vertical kb!
    08-02-11 12:11 AM
    the tmo customer service rep i just spoke to said she had no idea when it was coming out, but that it "used to be" in their database, but that the listing was removed recently....... weird. i wanna know when i can look forward to this device!
    Lol. RIM's driving us all crazy on purpose.
    08-02-11 12:14 AM
    My buddy just texted me before I read this promo material article. Said.they just got stuff in today. Aparently his store is getting a demo unit within the week. Too bad I am not in LA anymore.
    08-02-11 01:17 AM
    So with the merger happening anytime soon, is anyone going to pull the trigger?
    08-02-11 02:08 AM
    I left Tmobile the minute the merger got approval. Have no desire to be back on "the network".

Sent wirelessly
    08-02-11 02:14 AM
    I left Tmobile the minute the merger got approval. Have no desire to be back on "the network
    The merger has not gotten Federal approval yet. Here's to hoping it never happens. We will find out before the end of the year though. I hate ATT and realy hope the merger fails. If it does fail I believe Deutch Telekom still gets 8 billion for the trouble. If the deal does go through DT gets another 31 billion. Wow. I hate you ATT.

FCC dont let this happen. PLEASE!!! I still want the 9900 and am a bit tempted by the elusive iphone 5
    Last edited by 8900Freak; 08-02-11 at 11:07 AM.
    08-02-11 11:03 AM
    Not to get off topic but I agree. This merger...ugh. Please fail.
    08-02-11 11:35 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD