Hi there,

So im new to Rogers, just came from Telus TODAY, and managed to find a Bold here in ottawa this morning! Exciting!

So I was informed that i need to go to ww.rogers.com/bwc and register, so I attemp to do this....but I get the following message popping up!

Any thoughts? Would this have anything to do with porting from Telus?

Any info is appreciated!

Thanks!
    08-23-08 05:59 PM
    i guess there is a post for how to deal with this situation, please review.
    08-23-08 06:00 PM
    i guess there is a post for how to deal with this situation, please review.
    Actualy, No. This has never been posted before.

Bold is brand new, the first few are now in the hands of lucky owners. All they need a way to make them work.

If I understand correctly, your Telus contract has nothing to do with the Bold. It came from Rogers and you are trying to use it with Rogers network.

That error would imply the device is locked to another carrier. If you bought it from Europe, you might expect that, but not one activated by Rogers.

Call technical support. I am sure they will be very interested in sorting this out.

Anybody else getting this message?
    08-23-08 06:06 PM
    welcome to crackberry, sorry Im a newbie as well so not much help. but hope someone can help you soon!! rogers has a BB department for this kinda thing. I tried calling but they were asking what my number was. i told them i dont have a number i was asking for someone else. lol! DUH!! good luck!
    08-23-08 06:13 PM
    Have you tried setting up from the email settings icon on the device?

You can create a username and password there so when that is done you should be able to use the site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-08 06:16 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Call your carrier!
    08-23-08 06:24 PM
    Have you tried setting up from the email settings icon on the device?

You can create a username and password there so when that is done you should be able to use the site.

Under email setup I only see "i want to use a work email account with a Blackberry enterprise server" ! Thats it! bizarre!
    08-23-08 06:26 PM
    Here is a how to,

BlackBerry Search Results

08-23-08 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD