Following the release of .282, we could see a mixed reaction of those who have installed it.
    Just wondering, what makes u decide to upgrade to a newer OS?
    Do u follow the crowd or is it for some other reasons?

For those who did not upgrade to a newer OS, what's holding u back?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 09:12 AM
    i'm on 282. only reason i did it was because i'm a ATT customer and i wanted the 2g/3g toggle. Otherwise, I would have stayed. Performance is about the same for me as 266 was. Still, its a great OS like 266 but no major preformance upgrade.
    06-22-09 09:15 AM
    There has to be a very good reason for me to upgrade. Either I am having issues with a current OS or there are real improvements in the newer version. I am very happy with 247 and do not see any upgrades in my future. No lag, everything works great, memory and battery are awesome.
    06-22-09 09:15 AM
    Personally, I like to keep everything I have as up-to-date as possible. (I format my laptop once every 3 months and start from scratch...both Mac and Windows - yea, obsessive much?) For me, having the new OS means seeing what new tricks have been added. Its all about curiosity I guess.

The other thing that helps is that I work in IT so I'm in front of a PC for the better part of 8hrs a day, lots of time to tweak the BB to make it stand out
    06-22-09 09:35 AM
    I'm still on 247 with AT&T. I have had no issues with this OS @ all. I only upgrade if there have been major improvements.

06-22-09 11:18 AM
    I always upgrade - I'm using 5.0.0.100
    06-22-09 12:34 PM
    I just upgrade because I'm an OS degenerate. I'm on .282 with no problems.
    06-22-09 12:41 PM
    .282 is faster with browser for me

06-22-09 02:09 PM
    I just upgrade because I'm an OS degenerate.
    Too funny. (And I know the feeling all too well.)
    06-22-09 02:13 PM
    .266 has been a good build for me. All apps and fuctions work, and I've already got the 2G/3G toggle being with rogers, so I don't really see the need for .282 yet.

Most likely, I'll hold off for an official 5.0.xxx release
    06-22-09 03:42 PM
    The reason I don't upgrade is...there's no need for me to do so. I know the "Upgrade fever" gets rolling and the techno-berrians get all ga-ga over whatever the latest .### but I fall into the 'ain't broke, don't fix' pool of techno-amoebas. I use my Bold for work every day, quite frequently multi-tasking with i-heart / web / phone; and make it through without needing to constantly worry about charging. I have relatively few apps loaded, just one 3rd party theme and hover right at 30 mb free space.
    I do like the idea of toggling 2G / 3G so I will wait for .282 to get mostly favorable posts and probably upgrade to help save battery life. I see just as many "Help! Upgrade killed my Berry!" posts as I do "Awesome Upgrade! Going great!". I'm 3 months into my first Berry too, so I am trying to take baby steps and grow at a pace I'm comfortable with.
    Techno-berrians pile on.............NOW!
    06-22-09 03:47 PM
    I am still on my first week of 266 and it is working fine so far. I have pretty strong 3g, so the toggle to 2g isn't a factor for me now.
    06-22-09 03:52 PM
    I don't upgrade unless the new build has some substantial improvementts for me. Loving .266 and .282 doesn't look like it has much to offer me. So I'll wait for a good 5.0.
    06-22-09 06:33 PM
    I only upgraded because I had just gotten my 4th refurb Bold and figured why not and now that I finally have a working phone I'm scared to uphrade cause I have really bad phone luck. However that 2g/3g toggle is really peaking my curiosity since I have poor 3g coverage in my house and it drives me crazy but I'm scared due to the fact I've gone through 15 phones in my 4 years with AT&T! So I'm waiting as long as I can before I give in and upgrade.

06-22-09 07:41 PM
    I only upgraded because I had just gotten my 4th refurb Bold and figured why not and now that I finally have a working phone I'm scared to uphrade cause I have really bad phone luck. However that 2g/3g toggle is really peaking my curiosity since I have poor 3g coverage in my house and it drives me crazy but I'm scared due to the fact I've gone through 15 phones in my 4 years with AT&T! So I'm waiting as long as I can before I give in and upgrade.

You can downgrade, and that 2G/3G switch is very nice.
    06-22-09 07:56 PM
    I think once a new OS gets released a BB fever starts to go around. It's hard not to want to give it a go. Then it sucks big time when apps and functions don't work on the newly installed OS. I was just weighing out the pros and cons of upgrading to .282 myself. I wouldn't mind having the 3g/2g toggle for no better reason than just to have it.
    I share the same sentiments, worried that the new OS might fare worst than the current OS.
    Hence, did not always upgrade when new OS is released.

06-22-09 08:28 PM
    I always upgrade - I'm using 5.0.0.100
    How did u manage to ge get 5.0???

06-22-09 10:12 PM
    How did u manage to ge get 5.0???

Check out the OS Beta Discussion thread.
    06-22-09 10:19 PM
    what is the absolute latest os update version for the bold?.......and is it any good?.......what are the differences?
    06-22-09 10:22 PM
    by the way, i have the beat 5.0 and it's alright....it's not all that good, the bworser has some nice changes but it's basically the same. oh and the blackberry messenger has a new face to it. but thats basically it for me. but it's not "all that" of an upgrade. cant wait to see the full version. i got the 5.0 when i puugged in my bold to the pc and ran the desktop manager, it searched for the upgrade and did it for me.
    06-22-09 10:27 PM
    I totally am digging 282 right now.

.167 was just nuts-awful, the official one. it was so slow and glitchy. along came 266 and that was a much better upgrade, just a few minor errors here and there.

but really, 282 has been in my bold for 3 days now and not a SINGLE dropped call using 2G (orlando's 3G is so-so depending where u are, so dropped calls would come atleast twice per day). not only that but everything on my bold is running in tip top shape.

Best OS yet.
    06-22-09 10:51 PM
    I installed .282 last night (from .266). At first, .282 seemed very sluggish and draggy. Now it has been 14 hours and the phone's performance is back to normal. I haven't really noticed any appreciable difference in the OS's, other than the 2G/3G option.

Until the Facebook issue is resolved, I don't think I'll fool with any of the 5.0 OS's.
    06-23-09 07:57 AM
    I installed .282 last night (from .266). At first, .282 seemed very sluggish and draggy. Now it has been 14 hours and the phone's performance is back to normal. I haven't really noticed any appreciable difference in the OS's, other than the 2G/3G option.

Until the Facebook issue is resolved, I don't think I'll fool with any of the 5.0 OS's.
    what facebook issue are u talking about?
    06-23-09 11:24 AM
    Looks like the only improvement is for AT&T customers with 2G/3G selection, .266 works well for me so I will wait for now.
    06-23-09 11:31 AM
    what facebook issue are u talking about?
    It is my understanding that Facebook 1.6 (& earlier) are not compatible with Blackberry OS 5.0. I have heard that there is a beta Facebook app that works with 5.0, but is not generally available to the public. That said, I have not had any issues running FB 1.6 with OS 4.6 either as .282 or .266
    06-23-09 02:23 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD