What big issues are you referring to?
    I'll name a few. The radio file bounces around like nobodies business while it's sitting in the same spot on a table. It'll go from 3 bars to 0 back to 3. An hour after a reboot, without opening other apps, I see that damn clock TYPING ANEMAIL. The system is so slow that, still with no apps running, the browser can't keep up with me typing in this window.

That's 2 biggies. Seriously, I'm so frustrated with this phone...I LOVE bb, but this is crazy. Seriously, seriously nuts that anyone thinks an inability to do these 2 things better is OK. 6.0.524.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open, but I don't know what can be done....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-11 01:38 PM
    I am using V6 hybrid for the past week. Seems better for me. But yes new OS would be nice to see things improve.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    06-22-11 10:03 PM
    I'll name a few. The radio file bounces around like nobodies business while it's sitting in the same spot on a table. It'll go from 3 bars to 0 back to 3. An hour after a reboot, without opening other apps, I see that damn clock TYPING ANEMAIL. The system is so slow that, still with no apps running, the browser can't keep up with me typing in this window.

That's 2 biggies. Seriously, I'm so frustrated with this phone...I LOVE bb, but this is crazy. Seriously, seriously nuts that anyone thinks an inability to do these 2 things better is OK. 6.0.524.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open, but I don't know what can be done....

I don't have any signal bounce, maybe it's your area, or Sprint's network.
    06-23-11 07:25 AM
    I don't have any signal bounce, maybe it's your area, or Sprint's network.
    It's definitely Sprint...I've used the Bold 9650 overseas in Germany and Panama and have not experienced the same signal bounce I get with Sprint
    06-23-11 08:57 AM
    It's definitely Sprint...I've used the Bold 9650 overseas in Germany and Panama and have not experienced the same signal bounce I get with Sprint
    I didn't think that was an OS issue; but it's definitely something to remember when VZW's tiered pricing kicks in, and I'm tempted to stray. VZW's signal is rock solid here.
    06-23-11 11:50 AM
    I didn't think that was an OS issue; but it's definitely something to remember when VZW's tiered pricing kicks in, and I'm tempted to stray. VZW's signal is rock solid here.
    Does your signal on Verizon fluctutate a lot? (suddenly go from 5 bars to 0 bars for no apparent reason?)
    06-23-11 12:13 PM
    Does your signal on Verizon fluctutate a lot? (suddenly go from 5 bars to 0 bars for no apparent reason?)
    Nope, 4 or 5 bars consistently
    06-23-11 12:22 PM
    My signal stays pretty steady on Verizon at 4 or 5 bars around Chicago, but I get great signal/service with VZW in most all areas that I travel to as well.
    06-23-11 05:20 PM
    Agreed. I hate paying Big Red's prices, but I don't have service issues. I have traveled all over the country first with my Tour and now a 9650, and have good service everywhere. In fact, my wife routinely has four+ bars of signal on her 9650 when her AT&T/TMO friends are looking at zero bars. I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for.
    06-23-11 11:45 PM
    Agreed. I hate paying Big Red's prices, but I don't have service issues. I have traveled all over the country first with my Tour and now a 9650, and have good service everywhere. In fact, my wife routinely has four+ bars of signal on her 9650 when her AT&T/TMO friends are looking at zero bars. I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for.
    +1 I'd rather have no cell phone at all than be stuck with AT&T or T-Mo.
    06-24-11 07:12 AM
    Add me to the list of those that won't be going to AT&T or Tmo. I really like have service when I want it. For now Alltel (or Allied Wireless if you prefer) is doing a great job under the guidance of ATN. If it falls off I will be switching even if it means paying a little more.
    06-24-11 09:33 AM
    I had an app error on Thursday, and decided that it was time to reload my OS. Tried some themes and was getting the spinning clock in BBM. Installed 436 from AllTell and find it's just as snappy as 524. Skipped the BBM6 beta too!

06-26-11 12:46 PM
    Why are you sticking with 415? It's the laggiest of all the carrier released builds. Verizon's 431/AllTel's 436 and VZW's 524 are all better options than 415.
    Yes, I admit its not as fast as some of the others, but I also don't have the numerous amount of issues that I've read about in these forums concerning other OS6's. Speed or problems, I'll stick with my 1/2 second slowness
    06-26-11 01:08 PM
    My advice would be not to get too wrapped up in all the posts here. There's quite a few threads on the random reboot issue, yet I have only had it happen once, and it was about a year ago.

06-26-11 03:43 PM
    I agree, I don't have any of the issues and I don't think all that many do. It just seems that way because that's what is being posted. What's the worst thing to happen, you go back to 415?
    06-26-11 04:10 PM
    My advice would be not to get too wrapped up in all the posts here. There's quite a few threads on the random reboot issue, yet I have only had it happen once, and it was about a year ago.

Thanks for the info, and I do understand and value your OPINION, however its my findings that its more complaints towards other OS6's than .415 in these forums. My 9650 is not in running "bad" at all, if I felt the as though my phone was "creeping" along like a turtle I would not hesitate to update
    06-26-11 04:35 PM
    I agree, I don't have any of the issues and I don't think all that many do. It just seems that way because that's what is being posted. What's the worst thing to happen, you go back to 415?
    Thanks middbrew for the insight, and your right the worst thing is going back. The "WAR" stories about going backwards was one of the contributing factors on why I don't want to go through all of that, especially since my 9650 is operating smooth and quick just not blazing fast.
    Last edited by spencerdl; 06-26-11 at 05:47 PM.
    06-26-11 04:42 PM
    Thanks middbrew for the insight, and your right the worst thing is going back. The "WAR" stories about going backwards was one of the contributing factors on why I don't want to go through all of that, especially since my 9650 is operating smooth and quick just not blazing fast.
    If there is one thing to take from all the post, if you're happy with what you have don't change it!
    06-26-11 08:02 PM
    For those whining about OS6, go back to 5.

Better battery life, more screen real estate, no stupid transitions.

What else do you need? "Full HTML email" on a screen the size of a couple postage stamps? Social updates? Come on.
    06-26-11 10:24 PM
    For those whining about OS6, go back to 5.

Better battery life, more screen real estate, no stupid transitions.

What else do you need? "Full HTML email" on a screen the size of a couple postage stamps? Social updates? Come on.
    More screen real estate? stupid transitions? Are you using a different version of OS6 than me or do you not realize there are custom themes that help with that?
    06-26-11 10:31 PM
    ...its more complaints towards other OS6's than 415 in these forums...
    Probably because no one is running 415 anymore. It was the hot topic in December 2010, and there have been 5 releases since.
    06-27-11 09:37 AM
    Probably because no one is running 415 anymore. It was the hot topic in December 2010, and there have been 5 releases since.
    I'm glad your happy with the OS6 you chose, but for now I'll stick with less problems than more speed. One good thing ....."WE" have options to have what we want on our "OWN" phone. Good luck and I hope your problems are limited
    06-27-11 04:27 PM
    I'm glad your happy with the OS6 you chose, but for now I'll stick with less problems than more speed. One good thing ....."WE" have options to have what we want on our "OWN" phone. Good luck and I hope your problems are limited
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 06-27-11 at 04:53 PM.
    06-27-11 04:35 PM
    NOW I UNDERSTAND!!
    06-28-11 01:07 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD