06-08-09 11:34 PM
    Im sure its legit but is it really usable(stable hardware and software) or how long before the PIN get blocked. It would be a expensive paper weight.
    06-08-09 11:44 PM
    Im sure its legit but is it really usable(stable hardware and software) or how long before the PIN get blocked. It would be a expensive paper weight.
    I hear a lot people saying that the PINS can get blocked... my question is HOW. I've had 4 pre released phones and they have never been blocked.

Is there a specific reason why that happens? I.E. SOMEONE SEES AND REPORTS IT, OR WHATS THE DEAL?

Thank you, and sorry for being so ignorant.
    06-08-09 11:46 PM
    I know for a fact that this one is usable and stable. The pin however, is not
    06-08-09 11:47 PM
    I know for a fact that this one is usable and stable. The pin however, is not
    How do you know? if you don't mind me asking, of course
    06-08-09 11:48 PM
    perhaps he's the seller hmmmm
    06-09-09 01:33 AM
    That's what I was thinking.
    06-09-09 01:36 AM
    Naw, he's not the seller. I know that. But the PIN is bad on this Onyx.
    06-09-09 01:41 AM
    Naw, he's not the seller. I know that. But the PIN is bad on this Onyx.
    Well then isn't the Buy it Now price a little high for a phone with a bad pin?
    06-09-09 01:50 AM
    Salo, a batch of these devices got out into the wild. Every device from said batch has a bad PIN. As the manufacturer knows what happened and took care of them. Just be patient, there are some out there that work fine. You just have to find them. Also, although this device makes your 9630 and Bold seem slow, the SW isn't great at this point. I'd hold off a bit.
    06-09-09 04:20 AM
    I agree with Crucial. These Onyxes that you will find on eBay are very early prototypes, and PINs are not working, and the software is unstable (meaning that it reboots all the time, especially when you plug it into the computer). Take everyones advice, and don't spend $$ on this thing.
    06-09-09 08:40 AM
    Salo, a batch of these devices got out into the wild. Every device from said batch has a bad PIN. As the manufacturer knows what happened and took care of them. Just be patient, there are some out there that work fine. You just have to find them. Also, although this device makes your 9630 and Bold seem slow, the SW isn't great at this point. I'd hold off a bit.
    I will gladly take you advice! Thank you very much
    06-09-09 11:31 AM
    This guy didn't even know if the PIN was bad. He said he didn't have a BlackBerry account to check.
    06-09-09 11:40 AM
    Well then isn't the Buy it Now price a little high for a phone with a bad pin?
    The other Onyx on there is $1000 Buy it Now. And that has a bad PIN also.
    06-09-09 11:42 AM
    It is very very hard to find a pre-release phone with a working pin.
    06-09-09 12:31 PM
    It is very very hard to find a pre-release phone with a working pin.
    Yes and no. Some pre-release devices will have clean PINs 75-80% of the time, especially if there's a lot out there. But with the Onyx, it's very rare to find a clean one.
    06-09-09 12:50 PM
    Why would someone sell the Onxy for that much and it has a bad pin not me...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 02:38 PM
    Why would someone sell the Onxy for that much and it has a bad pin not me...

To make money. Some people don't even care about the PIN. Like I can get another Onyx as we speak, PIN is bad. Why my guy selling it? To make money again.
    06-09-09 04:58 PM
    simple, there are lots of stupid people out there that would buy a BB and dont know anything about the Bad PIN
    06-09-09 07:52 PM
    They just reposted the Item, and the seller claims that the pin works
    06-09-09 10:01 PM
    Jeez, $1800! I'll do $1100 for mine.
    06-09-09 10:05 PM
    Jeez, $1800! I'll do $1100 for mine.
    Like I said... As long as the PIN works and the phone is stable I would
    06-09-09 11:10 PM
    Like I said... As long as the PIN works and the phone is stable I would
    haha you guys are crazy the most I've ever spent on a phone was 500 and I thought that was insane
    06-10-09 12:34 AM
    Why not wait 'til it is released nsted of having to rely on others' speculations? It's just 'round the corner.

06-10-09 12:57 AM
    Why not wait 'til it is released nsted of having to rely on others' speculations? It's just 'round the corner.

just around the corner is pretty broad lol next week would be around the corner haha and I don't think it's going to be that soon
    06-10-09 02:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD